All reviews spg points garden grove water taxi to epcot swan boats il mulino walking distance to the boardwalk magic kingdom and animal kingdom grotto pool east wing resort fee epcot center yacht and beach club world showcase walt disney lobby bar sister property toilet and shower
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I am staying at the Dolphin for a conference, and customer service has been outstanding. I specifically want to point out that Lily provided such excellent help at check-in on Saturday, June 9th. Upon return to my office, I'll be sending a letter to the Dolphin management team to express my appreciation for Lily's help.

Thank you, Lily!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Dolphin is the better of the 2 Hotels, Swan and Dolphin. There is more casual eating opportunities and ambiance is better. We stayed at Swan, my son's family stayed at Dolphin so we were back and forth between the 2. Staff was all very friendly and cooperative except for housekeeping on the 8th floor of the Dolphin. Both families opted for Eco friendly option, but as one of the commentators mentioned, the promised perks either never showed up or were just too much hassle. We opted for the $5.00 credit card each day but only received it once. They did provide it at the front desk when we inquired. Housekeeping skipped my son's room entirely one day, they ran out of toilet paper and did not receive the replenishment of coffee, & water. When asking for assistance they showed attitude. Not acceptable!
Can't beat the location, walking distance to the Boardwalk, Epcot and Hollywood studios. A very good stay but you have to keep after them for the perks.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonar77
Reviewed 13 June 2018

After 4-5 times trying to get this resolved with the hotel directly I am writing a poor review. I stayed at this hotel in May with my daughter. As an SPG Gold I did get a great room and was happy with my entire stay. However I signed up for "Make a Green Choice" to get extra SPG points. It was kind of a hassle because nobody came to clean out our garbage, make up the bed, etc. It would have been worth the hassle if I received the points you get for this option. However I never received the points. I contacted the hotel multiple times to get this resolved. I was either told that they will come later and wait, or I didn't get any response at all. They need to fix this because this left a bad taste in my mouth after what was a good stay.

Room Tip: You'll never get your "Make a Green Choice" points
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank chunterk
WDWSDExecutiveOffice, Guest Relations Manager at Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear chunterk,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we are happy to hear you were happy with your entire stay. However, regretfully we have experienced a delay in providing you with the Make a Green Choice points you earned. We are in receipt of your correspondence and will be reaching out to you shortly with a resolution.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

This is no longer a Walt Disney world hotel – even if it may sound like it. Today the Hotel is operated by Sheraton. You will not have access to the Walt Disney services like the Magic Express. However – the hotel has together with the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel a boat landing where you can access the Wald Disney Boat service to Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
This hotel is much nicer then the Walt Disney World Swan (the Swan is across the Dolphin and was in the past a part of it): The rooms in the Dolphin are bigger and have more light and of course the staff is much friendlier. The hotel has still the good infrastructure (with the restaurants, etc… ) that comes from the “old” times when it was operated by Disney. It was also a very nice and clean outdoor pool area that’s open for the hotel guests.
It's a good business / convention place and also a good place for families.

Room Tip: The room's in the upper levels are nice because they have a nice view to the man made lake.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin K
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Weekend stay celebrating my Granddaughters 21st birthday. We had several rooms here at the Dolphin as we were a group of 16 persons. We have stayed at this resort many times in the past but this was a special time.
I love the renovations and additions to the lobby with a fantastic bar area and a very convenient food stop that is open till 10:00 with snacks and so on. The pool is very nice and with different options.
The rooms are nice, clean and with all that you need.
The best thing about this beautiful place is the proximity to Epcot. You can walk to Epcot in just a few minutes. You have Boardwalk easy close by between Epcot and the Hotel. We stayed at the Polynesian the night before and had a blast but we came here as we planned Epcot for th afternoon to closing, doing all the bars around the world. Well we did and finished up at Boardwalk in Piano Bar having a great time.
It is a fantastic fun place just as you would expect from Disney.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family