“Nice Place”

Skeletons: Museum of Osteology
Ranked #36 of 460 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology is a first-of-its-kind museum experience that is located under the Orlando Eye in Orlando, Florida. SKELETONS features over 500 REAL animal skeletons from all over the world in exhibits such as African Safari, Marsupials, and Florida Wildlife. Museum admission includes complimentary scavenger hunts for all ages.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Skeletons is one of those places that surprised me. I went in dragging my feet and looking at my watch but almost immediately my attitude was transformed. How can skeletons be fascinating or even fun? I can't explain it but it is the coolest and most intriguing thing that I have seen in a long time.

They have over 40 exhibits with more than 500 real animal skeletons. I started under the 22 foot killer whale skeleton and slowly moved from exhibit to exhibit. I saw camels, rhinos, elephants, primates, bears and many more. My favorites being the mountain lion, sea lion and various owls.

1  Thank GauravBargujar
SKELETONCREWORL, Manager at SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for the awesome review of Skeletons! We are so glad you had such a great time and that the museum exceeded your expectations. A lot people don't know this, but a single skeleton can take as long as 500 man hours to prepare. Our technicians are some of the best in the world and take pride in every specimen they articulate. We will be sure to share your praises with them!

All reviews
"kids and adults"
"orlando area"
"whole family"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was a decent exhibit that my kids and I had some fun with. The problem with Orlando is that as soon as we walked in my kids asked where the dinosaur rollercoaster was. Took a minute to explain that there was no ride here. The museum was very interesting and informative. Recommended if you need something to do for 1.5 hours.

1  Thank James W

Thank you for visiting SKELETONS and taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you and your family had a great time despite the fact that we have no rollercoasters! Ha Ha. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you come to Orlando.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was really excited to go to the world's largest museum of osteology, and I was not disappointed! Staff loves working there, and is very knowledgeable. Big thumbs up!

1  Thank VRivere

Thank you for the great review and I'm glad that you had the chance to mingle with our great staff!

This is our second location and a lot of thought went into making sure that the exhibits will be enjoyable for everyone. It is always great to receive feedback from our visitors and we make sure that we share all of it with our great team. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We were leaving the Sea life Aquarium when the rain started so we took shelter here. Very cool store with authentic skulls and preserved animals for sale. I wish we wouldve done the museum to see all the skeletons they had, we was here for probably half an hour and never for bored looking in this small giftshop. Even my 5 year old was entertained.

2  Thank mandipoo09
SKELETONCREWORL, Manager at SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed our discovery store and we appreciate you taking the time to give us a great review. Our scavenger hunts are a big hit with visitors of all ages and add to the experience inside the musueam, so hopefully, we'll see you back soon to check out the museum!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I thought it was a fun idea to visit.. paid about $80 for the 4 of us and only spent 30 mins.. there.... it was only 1 floor and the skeletons wasn't that interesting or big like one you would see at a museum. My kids, 7 and 10 didn't find it interesting at all.

SKELETONCREWORL, Director of Sales at SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sad to hear that you did not enjoy the experience and were not able to engage in the exhibits with the scavenger hunts, touch tables and videos provided. Like most museums, guests are able to spend as little or as long as they'd like and on average a guest spends 90 mins inside of our 8,000 sq ft museum. Sounds like you were not able to make it to our Africa exhibit that holds a full grown male African Elephant skeleton and a 13.5 foot tall Giraffe. We do not showcase prehistoric animals, only modern day, they tend to be a bit smaller then the Dinosaur replicas that you may have seen at other museums.
Please let us know if you live in the area, we would love the chance to give you the great experience that we are so used to providing.
Email us @ Info@skeletonmuseum.com