“Nice Place”

Skeletons: Museum of Osteology
Ranked #32 of 393 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology is a first-of-its-kind museum experience that is located under the Orlando Eye in Orlando, Florida. SKELETONS features over 500 REAL animal skeletons from all over the world in exhibits such as African Safari, Marsupials, and Florida Wildlife. Museum admission includes complimentary scavenger hunts for all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Skeletons is one of those places that surprised me. I went in dragging my feet and looking at my watch but almost immediately my attitude was transformed. How can skeletons be fascinating or even fun? I can't explain it but it is the coolest and most intriguing thing that I have seen in a long time.

They have over 40 exhibits with more than 500 real animal skeletons. I started under the 22 foot killer whale skeleton and slowly moved from exhibit to exhibit. I saw camels, rhinos, elephants, primates, bears and many more. My favorites being the mountain lion, sea lion and various owls.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank GauravBargujar
SKELETONCREWORL, Manager at SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for the awesome review of Skeletons! We are so glad you had such a great time and that the museum exceeded your expectations. A lot people don't know this, but a single skeleton can take as long as 500 man hours to prepare. Our technicians are some of the best in the world and take pride in every specimen they articulate. We will be sure to share your praises with them!

All reviews
"kids and adults"
"orlando area"
"whole family"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was a decent exhibit that my kids and I had some fun with. The problem with Orlando is that as soon as we walked in my kids asked where the dinosaur rollercoaster was. Took a minute to explain that there was no ride here. The museum was very interesting and informative. Recommended if you need something to do for 1.5 hours.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank S25AKjamesw

Thank you for visiting SKELETONS and taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you and your family had a great time despite the fact that we have no rollercoasters! Ha Ha. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you come to Orlando.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was really excited to go to the world's largest museum of osteology, and I was not disappointed! Staff loves working there, and is very knowledgeable. Big thumbs up!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank VRivere

Thank you for the great review and I'm glad that you had the chance to mingle with our great staff!

This is our second location and a lot of thought went into making sure that the exhibits will be enjoyable for everyone. It is always great to receive feedback from our visitors and we make sure that we share all of it with our great team. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We were leaving the Sea life Aquarium when the rain started so we took shelter here. Very cool store with authentic skulls and preserved animals for sale. I wish we wouldve done the museum to see all the skeletons they had, we was here for probably half an hour and never for bored looking in this small giftshop. Even my 5 year old was entertained.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank mandipoo09
SKELETONCREWORL, Manager at SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed our discovery store and we appreciate you taking the time to give us a great review. Our scavenger hunts are a big hit with visitors of all ages and add to the experience inside the musueam, so hopefully, we'll see you back soon to check out the museum!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Found this place on my last day in Florida. An online friend suggested I check it out as I’m a beginner taxidermist and skull collector!
I was so impressed with this beautiful collection of skeletons! It was well worth a trip to see it. Even my friend, who isn’t overly interested in skulls, was suitably impressed!

The displays and quality of the articulation are fantastic! I dream to have a collection like this some day, but I could be collecting for quite a few years!!

It was wonderful to see some of the more unusual specimens such as the cyclops calf and 2 headed calves, a long with walrus, whales, African hunting dogs, and big cats that I have only see in photos!

Not only where the actual museum displays beautiful, but the gift shop was fascinating as well!
I couldn’t leave there without purchasing a few specimens to join my ever growing collection, and Wes was incredibly helpful (and determined!) that I was going to leave with what I wanted!

I came away with an alligator skull (to join my crocodile), a domestic puppy skull, a muskrat, and a few other small bits and pieces.

I’ll 1000% be coming back here on my next trip to florida, and will add more specimens to my collection!

10/10 would recommend. Even if skeletons aren’t really your thing, this place is fascinating and well worth the visit!

(And 5* just to Wes for being so friendly, welcoming, and helpful! Thanks for making my day Wes!)

It’s located right beside the Orlando Eye and surrounded by restaurants and other attractions, so worth a trip down as there’s lots to do once you’ve been to museum (unless you’re like me and could spend all day there...!)

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank notabeagle
SKELETONCREWORL, Manager at SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for the great review of SKELETONS! We worked very hard to make sure that people of all ages and backgrounds can enjoy and learn from the museum, so it is great to hear you and your friend had such an amazing time. We are looking forward to having you back real soon and if you didn't hear about it already, the BONE BOX offered by Skulls Unlimited can help you build your collection much faster! Also, your kind words will certainly be passed on to Wes.