“100% recommended ”
Review of Sofrito Latin Cafe

Sofrito Latin Cafe
Ranked #64 of 4,141 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 3 - USD 15
Description: Orlando's new Latin America Culinary experience. Located minutes from Disney, Sofrito offers flavors, dishes and drinks from several Latin American countries.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We tried out Sofrito per previous TripAdvisor reviews, and couldn’t be happier. The service was stellar- staff was friendly and I haven’t felt more welcome and taken care of at a restaurant in a long time. We ordered the roast pork and Churrasco skirt steak with chimichurri sauce. Both delicious, served with 3 sides and house salad for a great price. Highly recommended restaurant with good food at a great price, and a comfortable welcoming atmosphere!

Daniel A, Guest Relations Manager at Sofrito Latin Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Wow! Your kind words warm our hearts, Ali-L235! We're ecstatic to know that you loved your experience with us. We're even happier to know that you felt comfortable and welcomed at our restaurant. At Sofrito, we truly believe that every customer is a part of our family, so greatly appreciate your recognition of our team :) We're happy you loved our Churrasco and Roast Pork and felt that it was fairly priced. We appreciate you leaving us a 5-star review as well as recommending us to others. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The food was good, just not as packed with flavor as I expected or would have liked. I will go back to try more, though. Rice was on the bland side, but the empanadas and plantains were yummy. Chicken was a tad dry, but maybe it was an off day. Everything on the menu looks good, so it enticed me to return.

Daniel A, Guest Relations Manager at Sofrito Latin Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

PamDella, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to know you liked our food and appreciate the feedback regarding some of the dishes you ate. We're not sure what happened, but as you can see from other reviews, this isn't a normal occurrence. Regardless, we apologize and would love to have you back. We've also made sure to share your thoughts with our head chef so that they are aware. Thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a room in the hotel across the street. I used TripAdvisor to see if we should go. Most reviews said it was great. With great reviews we could not resist. You had to order everything up front and pay in advance. We got great meals. I ordered the skirt steak and she got half of a chicken. I had a local draft beer and she a glass of wine.
We ate outside. It was a low key relaxing place with great food and drink.
The price was very reasonable.

Daniel A, Guest Relations Manager at Sofrito Latin Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

That's great to hear, Westcoastweirdo! We're happy to know that other reviews helped make your decision to come in. We truly value our customers' opinions about their experience with us and understand the importance of feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed your meals and felt relaxed in our environment. Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review. We'll be happy to have you back anytime! For your next visit, we'd recommend our breakfast. It's served daily from 7-11AM and also has a variety of traditional Latin favorites. We think you'd really like it! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Came here twice during our vacation.
We had arepas stuffed with beans and white cheese, yellow rice, Argentina empanada and plantains. The only item that the flavor was a little off from what we remember from Venezuela were the black beans. The rest was delicious and tasted like the food we used to have in Vz!
Also I ordered one Argentina empanada and paid for it. Until we were seated our waitress said they didn’t have any and suggested subs. I asked if they could just cancel it and said it was not possible, I ended up trying another empanada I didn’t like :(

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Gabriela! We're happy to know that you liked our empanadas and arepas. Having you tell us our food was similar to the food you enjoyed in Venezuela is amazing! We also appreciate the feedback you've shared. We've made sure to relay it to our management team so that they are aware. Thank you for leaving us a review as well as dining with us twice during your vacation in Orlando. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great little place with wonderful food. Order as you come in and then sit and wait for the delicious food to come to you! I ordered a sangria when I came in and then sat at the bar to contemplate my dinner. After some great advice from the friendly bartender, I was able to order my dinner directly from him. Great place for families - great prices

Daniel A, Guest Relations Manager at Sofrito Latin Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review, Janet! We're happy to know you loved your experience with us. It's great to know you thought our food was delicious and wonderful. We also appreciate your recognition of the bartender that helped you. We're always here to help you make the most of your Sofrito experience :) We'll be happy to welcome you back anytime. Hope to see you again soon!