“A fun experience, but not something I would do often.”
Review of Minus 5 Ice Bar

Minus 5 Ice Bar
Ranked #74 of 161 Nightlife in Orlando
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I had been to the Minus 5 Ice Bar about a year before this visit. The last time I was in Orlando on business and my colleagues wanted to try it out so we went it. This time I was back in Orlando with my wife for a few days visiting some friends. I knew she would get a kick out of it so we went in.

Firstly, the people at the front were very friendly. They had a great sense of humour and were just very pleasant. We paid our entrance and went into the Ice Bar itself. Inside it's fairly small, but I'm pretty sure the cost to operate it much bigger would be prohibitive. We had some drinks and wondered around a bit looking at the ice sculptures and so on. We come from a small island in the southern Caribbean, so anything below 77 degrees F is cold for us, haha. So we had a great time just having a drink in a unique setting. The barman was pretty good and had a few jokes as well.

We had maybe 2 rounds of drinks and headed out, that cold starts to bite after a while, especially for my wife who was in a pair of shorts with open toed shoes. All in all it was a fun experience, but isn't something I would do regularly. It's probably something I would take someone to if they have never been, just because it's fun to see people experience it. Having said that, it was still a very fun experience and the people there helped make it welcoming.

Date of experience: January 2017
in 2 reviews
"kid"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My husband and I found this place just by walking thur the area from having dinner. Ended up inside. real small bar area with everything made of ice.. even the stoops. you get a coat and gloves but a hat and thermal socks are an upgrade at an additional charge. cool experience NOT WORTH the admission price just to have a drink and see ice sculptures

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2017

i was a guest at a convention private event. Orlando in June is not much fun, but going into the Minus 5 Icer Bar helped. The catered food was excellent and they kept it coming. You can put on a parka and gloves and go into the frezzer where they have a bar. Glasses are made of ice to really keep the drinks cold. This was a fun experience. If you are planning events in Orlando, this would be a very good place to take clients.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

we went for my daughter's birthday with a groupon deal. there were only 2 other people in the ice bar and one bar tender and one photographer. we hardly got any photos took and the drinks were $12 each, pure rip off. you could not take your own cameras in or phones. however, what spoilt our night was the fact that we were going to be emailed two photographs and as we live in the UK we do not have internet on our phones. Ashley was very rude when i asked for a wi fi code and told that they did not have wi fi for all it came up on my phone that they did and she refused to give me a code. she told me to go to a bar opposite and log into their wi fi to check the photos were emailed to us correctly. she was very rude to us when we said we did not want to do this and virtually frogmarched us out of the ice bar and was shouting verbal abuse at us. it ruined my daughter's birthday. i telephoned the manager two days later to complain that we had not received our photos (we still have not 7 days later and back in the UK) and she said she would email them to me. I also informed her about Ashleys rudness and the fact that she ruined my daughter's 22nd birthday. she said she would deal with her. i have little faith in her dealing with her. This place is designed to rip tourists off. the ice bar in London is much better and you can use your cameras in their. I am not sure what the other ice bar is like down the street as we did not go into it but my friends have been there previously and said it was really good. Dont go to this one, go to the other Ice bar.

1  Thank traceya89
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We had 2 photos emailed to us, and then they said check your email, explaining we were from England and requesting the wifi password they told us no and told us to go across the street to get wifi. The photographs by email never arrived. I would never return due to the rudeness of staff, especially Ashley. She was shouting at us and following us across the lobby entrance as we were leaving, and continued to be hostile and even after we walked out the doors. We still heard her talking about us and calling us vulgar names so We turned around to say excuse me and she approached us in an aggressive manner from across the room to continue to be rude to us. And it was my birthday- ruined!!! I have never been treated like that before. Would never return and never recommend. Still waiting for the photographs by email.... waste of money on the entire experience. Wish we went to the ice bar down the street

2  Thank daniellejade46