“Great Facility But Inconsistent Service”

Rosen Shingle Creek
Ranked #36 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great Facility But Inconsistent Service”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

If you are attending a meeting, seminar or convention at the hotel you will overpay and be unhappy. If you are in Orlando, on vacation, have your own transportation, and get a great deal on a stay here, I say go for it. The facility is a huge convention hotel and, seemingly, their business plan is geared to this.
Avoid the downstairs sit-down restaurant and, for that matter, any restaurant or retail store here. My first morning at the breakfast buffet, I received a 15% "convention discount". The next morning, I received no discount but a 15% gratuity was added to my party of 3. Both mornings we received really bad service and barely acceptable food . Our coffee/juice was served after half our meal was finished and had to try to stop any server to get my requested ketchup and pepper sauce. Both mornings I got up and refilled drinks and found condiments. Drink refills were impossible.
In general, the service culture at this hotel assumes you will not return, so they charge well above average prices for well below average service.
Management is missing an opportunity to do justice to this great facility by not providing a culture of acceptable customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RedfishDave
tshoemaker, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Shingle Creek, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Hi RedfishDave.

I'm so sorry for the restaurant issues you ran into. I will make sure that Danny Sosa, Cafe Osceola Manager is aware of the mistakes. I surely hope that your issues you ran into were quickly taken care of.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (985)
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked the Rosen Shingle Creek as a 4-star mystery hotel on Hotwire for four nights and were delighted at how luxurious it was for a remarkably low price. Even adding charges for parking and wifi, it was far less than we'd expect to pay for so luxurious a resort. And it is a resort. There are four pools including one reserved for adults that was large, clean and quiet, surrounded by cabanas and comfortable loung chairs. Even better,it was open until midnight, so I swam each night in the moonlight with the huge pool all to myself! There are golf courses, a spa and nice variety of restaurants and lounges, from casual to upscale. We especially enjoyed sitting in a lounge between two of the restaurants, where we could enjoy drinks together as I ate very good sushi from the Japanese restaurant, while my husband enjoyed soup and a sandwich from the lounge bar. Our room, on a high floor, was spacious and comfortable, looking out over attractive, manicured grounds. The bed was plush and the room and bath clean. We've stayed in many hotels in the Orlando area, including several of the upscale onsite properties at Disney. This was much nicer! From the cheerful welcome at check-in until we left, we enjoyed it thoroughly. We even found the valet parking fast and friendly. Would we be as enthusiastic if we'd paid what it was really worth? Maybe not. But we loved our stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: The upper floors had their own elevator that was quick and readily available.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LinnieSP
Awe, thank you LinnieSP.

Your review was so kind. Thank you for staying with us.

miami, fl
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I got this during Spring Break thru Priceline and got a great deal. Same price as for comparably priced 2 star hotels in Orlando. This is a first class hotel with all the amenities you could need. Didn't stay long enough to try restaurants but overheard many compliments from other guests.
Only drawback is the fee for parking at $16 per day self and $21 per day valet. Opt for the valet and save a long walk. Normally I don't but was pleased with the service on a very busy weekend

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dandyone
So happy to hear that your stay went well Dandyone!

Please visit us again soon!

Thanks,

New Prague, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We ended up booking last minute as we left our previous hotel due to it being dirty. We were pleasently surprised by the beautiful Shingle Creek property! Rooms were large and clean, pools and hot tubs were great and it was wonderful they were open so late...felt good after a long day at Disney! Loved the pizza at the 24 hour market!! Only complaint was the price of parking and that there was no Wi-Fi available :(
Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jess43066
Thank you so much Jess43066 for your 5 star review. We appreciate it!

Mr. Rosen's perfect pizza is amazing.

We hope that you come back and visit again in the future....next time you can skip the first place and just stay with us!!!

Let me know what I can do to make your next stay perfect.

boston, ma
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Booked two nights from priceline.com. The next morning after we checked in, got a statement at the door for us to check out after one night's stay. I called the staff and told her that my stay was for two nights but was told that their computer showed we only booked for one night. So I asked to extend the stay by one night and was told I need to pay the regular rate instead, and to get the special rate I need to call priceline. Just when I was feeling desperate the front desk staff then said "well it appeared somebody accidentally changed your stay to one night and now you're all set". That was not the end of the story. When I came back that day our room key did not work. I guess they just disabled the key due to the check out mistake. It was not a pleasant walk down the long hall way to get help after a tiring day at the amusement park, considering they have only one guest elevator for the floor of the large building with three sections. On the final bill, I also noticed a charge of about 90 cents for a local call of 6 seconds. I guess it was an accidental call I made when I dialed 0 in order to reach the front desk to ask about the unexpected check out.

Overall, I feel the service is pretty bad given what happened. The room was OK for the discount price we got from priceline.com. But the hidden charges such as parking fee and internet service fee would offset it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank yuz_boston
Hello yuz_boston.

I do apologize for the issue of the reservation. If you have a second to give me more information regarding your reservation I would love the opportunity to see exactly what happened.

If you are in the system for only one night, the key will only work for that one night so that would explain the mistake of the key card.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. We hope you visit again soon.