“Spring break”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we have eaten here, the atmosphere and decor is amazing. The food is good, but the menu seemed limited or maybe a lot smaller since last time?? The food is overpriced as it is everywhere in Disney. It is very dark inside but a fun place to eat. Our sever was helpful and nice.

Cristina C, Public Relations Manager at San Angel Inn Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is one restaurant I almost always eat at when I visit Disney World! The atmosphere is really why I tend to choose this restaurant because it has a nice romantic ambiance to it in my opinion! I find it very, very relaxing and it really seems like you're sitting outside in the evening even though you're not!

The food here is pretty good! I will say out of the four or so times I have dined here one time the food was not as good as usual. I usually get the carne asada, which is simply a strip steak with rice and beans with an enchilada sauce over the steak. The margaritas are also delicious! I usually dine here on the dining plan so I guess I would probably have to say the food is a little on the expensive side if paying out of pocket due to rice and beans being so cheap and easy to make etc.

Side note: The dinner comes with chips with two different delicious salsas and if you order a margarita it comes from the little tequila/drink bar that shares this space in the Mexican Pavilion which are great! So I definitely recommend not getting chips and guacamole if you plan on enjoying a margarita in the little bar while waiting for your table because you will get chips and salsa complimentary with your dinner (as amazing and delicious the guacamole is).

Cristina C, Public Relations Manager at San Angel Inn Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been to this restaurant many times over the years, but thought it was better than ever this time. The flavor and quality of the food was better, the menu wider, with healthy options available, the service was great, and the scenery was lovely.

Cristina C, Public Relations Manager at San Angel Inn Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for taking the time to share a review, we appreciate your kind words and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

For as many times as I've been to Disney, you would have thought I would have made time to come here before now. But I am so excited I finally got to check this place out. The atmosphere of this restaurant is amazing. It truly feels like you are experiencing dinner in a Mexican town at night. They have a decent menu, for gluten free people as well, but my only complaint is that the chips were not gluten free and that's a huge bummer. However, I really enjoy my dinner and I think my whole party enjoyed as well. This is a fun place to eat dinner!

Cristina C, Public Relations Manager at San Angel Inn Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I'm from Los Angeles, and I'm Mexican American born in California. So I know what Mexican food should taste like, and this is good for what the East provides when it comes to Mexican food. If you're expecting authenticity then you'll probably be a little disappointed.

We were at the resort for 10 days and of course we were craving some Mexican food, but to be honest I am very picky with my Mexican food. After all nothing compares to abuelita's cooking.

We started with Queso Fundido and Guacamole and you can't go wrong with cheese and avocado. So if you want an appetizer you can go with either of these or both!

I ate the Carne Asada Tampiqueña and the flavor was good but it lack something, and I couldn't put my finger on it. I don't remember what my partner had, but I didn't bother trying their food.

When it came to dessert we asked for flan, mexican tradition and they did not have any. We were shocked, but as i am looking at the menu now looks like they have added it to the menu... wise choice!

Cristina C, Public Relations Manager at San Angel Inn Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

It’s wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your experience. We'll be sure to share your positive review with our Cast Members and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!