“Wyndham Bonnet Creek Orlando - beware”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #83 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Markham, Canada
“Wyndham Bonnet Creek Orlando - beware”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The resort was clean for the most part but expensive. There are few issues I found with this resort. The constant bothering of people to buy timeshare. This was a real issue. Beware of this resort as it has cockroaches in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank DeanJamieson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This resort was clean, close to Disney parks, Universal and Sea World. The staff were very helpful. Elevators were unbelievably fast. Even with all the towers they have, the pools were never overly busy. They offered activities and my son participated in the biggest splash competition at the main pool. We played mini golf. My teenage boys checked out the activity room and were pleased with what it offered. We ate at the grill one night. It was expensive, but what isn't in this area, and the food was decent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mommy2My4Kids
Dublin, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed from July 31, to August 3, 2011., after reading some of the reviews I was a little afraid of going, but once we got there I can say that I am glad we chose to stay at bonnet creek. Check in was no problem arrived about 3pm, and was able to go ahead and check in. Not once were we bothered about attending a timeshare meeting. Stayed in a 2bdr deluxe unit, which was nice, although furniture in the living room area could be updated, also the tv's really need to be upgraded. Anything you could possibly use to cook with was provided in the kitchen. I liked the fact of having a washer & dryer, so that I could wash clothes before coming home. Depending on the location of your room, the fireworks at disney can be seen at night. Transportation is provided to the different parks at a fee, but we chose to drive ourselves, which was more convenient for my family. If we vacation in orlando again , I would stay at bonnet creek again. Don't be afraid of the reviews, go see for yourself, you might like it, like I did...

Room Tip: ask for a room with a pool view or fireworks view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank cjanet
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed in a 4 bedroom presidential suite of building 2 with a beautiful view of the lake. The layout and amenities were great but we kept on getting visits from some stubborn and unwanted friends...yes...HUGE waterbugs and cockaroaches.

I have not encountered these waterbugs since I lived in New Jersey as a child. My initial encounter with these critters were the night of arrival. One peeped from the sink drain and bolted back but I thought it was a cricket but the following day my wife noticed a waterbug trying to join her in the shower.

I noticed another one on the veranda hanging out with a big flying cockaroach but thanks to my roachbusting experience from my youth in NJ, I managed to terminate the boogers.... Ahhh I remember the crunch underneath my shoes.

I made the mistake of getting up to relieve myself one morning barefoot, when I felt something....yep, you guessed it...another waterbug..I killed about six roaches during my stay.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank bxbro1
yonkers
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My family recently stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The resort itself was beautiful. We stayed last year and had no problems and loved it!! We stayed in the new VIP tower #6. I would advise against. Although, it is spectacular, many problems with guest who were flat out drunk!!! Over a span of 6 days the Orange County police made 3 arrest for domestic violence. Violence that acutally occured right in front of my children...completely unacceptable. At one point< a drunk guest let himself into my room at 11 AM while I was waiting for housekeeping services. I brought all situations to the Manger of Guest Services who told me, that's what guests do on vacation, over drink. They cannot control other peoples actions. I never had such experiences in other resorts. I think they often overbook and have far too many people staying one room with no one to check on the amount of guest staying in the room. I would return, staff and resort nice they just need to tighten security....not the responability of the Orange County Police Dept!

Room Tip: Not Tower 6 , very new, many problems with overbooking
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank msgtriplet
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
0.6 km away
4.5 km away
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#85 of 338 in Orlando

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Property: Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Address: 9560 Via Encinas, 9560 Via Encina, Orlando, FL 32830-8474 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#19 Green Hotel in Orlando
#19 Top resorts Hotel in Orlando
#64 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#75 Business Hotel in Orlando
#79 Family Hotel in Orlando
Price range (per night): $229 - $620
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, TravelClick, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Hotel