“Don't go on Sunday evening......otherwise I would go again.”

Vines Grille & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Vines Grille & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #262 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 12 - USD 60
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd
Description: Locally owned and operated restaurant serving prime beef, fresh seafood, award winning wine list (over 700 wine labels), and featuring live music daily starting at 7pm. Boasting one the best Happy Hour in town from 4-7pm.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I was visiting from out of town and the hotel recommended this restaurant. We had about 9 people and half the table had a bad experience. We had two people who had to send their salmon back....because it didn't taste right. (one salmon was brought out with a wooden stick sticking out of the middle of it and it was served skin side up) The filet and the sea bass were amazing though! The service was lacking at times. I think it was because it was a Sunday evening. The entertainment was good and the bar tables where we sat were comfortable. We had to wait on drinks and the place was nearly empty. I would return for the sea bass if it was cooked the same again. The hotel told us that this was not the experience most people had here.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My husband and I strolled into this restaurant the other evening around 4:30? Maybe 5:00? Anyway, my husband was wearing a button down shirt and shorts with flip flops; I had on a top and shorts ... and flip flops. After reading where to find the best steak for him, we read wonderful reviews and decided this was where we wanted to go. I pulled up the menu online and read the menu and that they offer the happy hour and live music; but we were worried that we were too underdressed. So we thought we would stick our heads in, to see.

Our first impression was the two young ladies at the hostess stand who were beyond gracious. My husband asked, "May we come in here, dressed like this?" They replied, "Of course!" and "Absolutely!" We were greeted warmly with genuine smiles and were asked if we wanted the happy hour (lounge) or wanted to be seated in the restaurant. I wanted the happy hour (at first) and my husband wanted the steak, so I asked if we could order off the regular menu in the bar/lounge, and were told absolutely.

So we were seated in the lounge/bar area, where Shannon took care of us.

My husband and I both greatly appreciate great food. As much as that, we appreciate excellent service.

Sunday night, we received both.

My husband ordered the filet mignon, grilled asparagus and truffle fries (so we could share the fries) and I ordered the pan roasted chicken. This was absolutely the most delicious chicken dish I have ever ordered, anywhere. It was crisp and flavorful on the outside; moist, juicy and flavorful on the inside. The potatoes and mushrooms with it were exquisite. I enjoyed a similar chicken dish at BLT in New York a few years ago, but this one surpassed that dining experience, hands down.

I enjoyed the happy hour prices of half price wines, so I had two glasses of prosecco. My husband ordered a glass of wine that after two sips, he realized he didn't like at all; Shannon *HAPPILY* said he could order another glass, and he went with the Stags' Leap Cabernet Sauvignon; a great option to enjoy on the happy hour half price list!

From start to finish, our night was extraordinary, and to think we didn't plan this originally. Shame on us! When you are in the area, Vines Grill & Wine Bar is a MUST try!

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

My company recently hosted a private business event in the Arnold Palmer room here. The Event Manager, Marianne, was super easy to work with, responded quickly to my requests, and was flexible in meeting the needs of our group's size and budget. What a great experience!

We also did a small happy hour prior to the event and my goodness do they have fantastic specials. I will definitely be back with friends to enjoy happy hour again!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

An excellent steakhouse AND cuisine, which is not really common. Any steak is delicious and specially the sea bass is awesome. Their onion soup is really nice as well.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The restaurant has an EXTENSIVE wine inventory. Steak was well prepared, but sides a bit disappointing, creme brulee average at best. Overall-> meal was good, but pricey. Location is convenient. Not a venue if you are looking for quiet & intimate.