“Will skip next time”

Boma - Flavors of Africa
Reserve with OpenTable
Boma - Flavors of Africa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Boma – Flavors of Africa – is a family-friendly buffet-style restaurant serving breakfast and dinner in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Designed to resemble an African marketplace, the exotic restaurant serves dishes inspired by the varied flavors and seasonal dishes of over 50 African countries, from the coast of the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean.Watch as Boma's chefs prepare dishes in an open kitchen with a wood-fire rotisserie grill. Morning offerings may include fresh fruit, African pastries, omelets, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, carved ham, breakfast potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs and corn beef bobotie—a type of quiche.The dinner buffet offers favorites prepared with African flair, which may include signature vegetarian selections, traditional dishes, fire-grilled meats, seafood, soups, salads, and desserts.
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Ok, it is hard for me to say anything bad about Disney . . . but . . . this place is WAY overpriced for dinner. We had two adults, three kids 10, 10 and 12 who were all charges the adult rate and on 8 year old. Well no one except me and my wife ate anywhere near the amount of food to justify the price. Don't ge me wrong the food was good but REALLY out meal was over $250. We will not go back. The next night we ate at the Crystal Palace for basicly the same amount of money but we got to see characters and the food was good. So unless you really like to spend money save it and go to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,490)

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We just got back from DW and this was my family's favorite restaurant. We made a special trip from our hotel to the hotel where the restaurant is located, which is no easy feat in the DW bus system, but it was still worth it. While it sounds like the food may be too exotic for some, it truly had something for everyone. There was fabulous roast chicken and pork loin, along with more adventerous fare like lamb curry. The buffet is enormous, with a selection of 5 different soups, and a whole table of fresh fruit. There is also a children's section that had mac&cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, and baked chicken. Lots of vegetarian options as well. This is one restaurant we will return to again and again. I gave it 4 stars on atmosphere because it is a large buffet with alot of people. it can get a bit loud and crowded.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My family and I ate at Boma in March. I found the food to be very good with a great selection. The atmosphere is very nice although very busy. The service was on the mark. I will say the price is a little steep, but isn't every restaurant at Disney. This is not my favorite restaurant at Disney, but I would definitely go back while at Disney.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We went to this restaurant, located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge of the Disney World resort, twice on our vacation. The buffet was the same both nights but the food was exceptionally good. I was hoping for it to be a tad more spicy as I like the kick you get in spicy food but I think most others will find this restaurant an amazing dining experience.

You need to try the Durban punch as it is thirst quenching and a perfect way to cool down after a long hot safari in the Disney park. Very minimal children's selection but they are welcome to partake in the adult dishes.

A reservation in this restaurant is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you're the first family to reserve on the day you may be selected to be the "Family of the Day" and get to help open the restaurant by starting the parade and dancing to the beat on the African drums, something children of all ages will enjoy!.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I Love Boma. I try to do it every trip. I have requested recipes of the food items because they are that good. They usually have several meat selections, hummus and other dips, soup and salads, items for the kids. and a GREAT dessert selection. My favorites are the soups and various hummus.