“Great happy hour food and drinks!”
Review of Emeril's Orlando - CLOSED

Emeril's Orlando
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Florida Centre
Cross street: Universal Orlando CityWalk
Description: Located at the epicenter of Universal's CityWalk®, Emeril's bustling eatery overlooks the park's lagoon and all of the action of this thriving Orlando hot spot. The free standing two-story building is a high-energy, creative environment for fine food and wine, with soaring thirty-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, stone walls, and iron staircase that lend the feel of an industrial warehouse loft. At the center of this modern food studio is an open kitchen and chef's food bar, where lucky guests can watch up close, the chefs at work. The restaurant's second floor offers two private party rooms that feature oak barrel slat ceilings, a 10,000 bottle wine gallery, and an intimate chef's tasting room that seats 8.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We went for happy hour. You must sit at the bar but the happy hour food was delicious and the drinks yummy. My husband had a pumpkin spice martini and I had a chardonnay. He tried the mussels and duck wings. had the mushroom pasta. All very reasonable and delicious. Those mushrooms were sooo good!! Highly recommend trying it out. I think the happy hour runs from 4 to 6.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We made a reservation to be seated in a quieter room, the acoustics are loud in the main dining area. We had the Cast Irton Skillet Corn Bread 3 stars, Crawfish Andouille Bread was just too good to describe! The Grilled double pork chops, braised beef, Shrimp and Grits were all excellent yum! We had some craft beers. Our bill for three was $130.00 plus tip. We had dessert plans elsewhere.

They were out of the vegetarian lasagna which was fine because the shrimp and grits were excellent - avoid the barbeque shrimp appetizer - was served cold, drowned in barbeque sauce.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

My wife and I visited Emeril's - Orlando last month at the conclusion of our long day at Universal Studios. It was the perfect end to our visit. It was one of the best meals that I have ever enjoyed... and the service was even better than the food (kudos to Ashley and Zay!).

We each started with an appetizer... then shared. My wife ordered the cast iron skillet cornbread. I went with the New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp. While the shrimp was very good, the cornbread was absolutely incredible. I love cornbread, and this was the best cornbread evah! Just writing this is making me want a piece RIGHT NOW!

We also split a bowl of the chicken and Andouille gumbo... which, for me, was very good but not great. It may have been that I had very high expectations for the gumbo, but IMO there was something missing.

Our entrees were exceptional. I ordered the braised beef short rib, while my wife was in the mood for the double-cut pork chop. I often order a beef short rib when we dine out... it is one of my favorite dishes. But THIS short rib was the best I have ever eaten. This is not hyperbole. It wasn't "one of the best", it was "THE best". The taste of both the rib and the demi-glace were amazing... and the rib was SO tender I never touched my knife. The whipped potatoes and broccoli which accompanied the rib were perfect. Seriously, the next time I visit the Orlando area, I'll return to the Universal complex just to visit Emeril's for THIS meal.

Similarly, my wife raved about her pork chop... and the sweet potatoes that came with it. She brought the left-overs to her mom (we were staying with my mother-in-law) and she, too, thought it was outstanding.

We finished our dinner with a piece of key lime pie and two forks. As with the rest of the meal, it was truly noteworthy. Just the right combination of sweet and tart: as good or better than anything I have enjoyed in The Keys. Or anywhere, for that matter!

And while I thought the price for the shrimp was a bit high (in consideration of the fact I was served five mid-size shrimp), I thought the portion sizes of the remainder of our meal to be quite generous and the pricing to be VERY reasonable. Fine dining AND generous portions AND excellent value: those phrases do not often go together... but they did at Emeril's.

Two thumbs up!!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We were the first table to be seated for lunch: staff was playing on their cell phone, listening to their music, etc. not very welcoming. Each and Every staff member's uniform was dirty (again this was the beginning of service). We were seated in a table at the patio.

The tablecloth had a red stain on it, it looked like blood the waiter assured it was Grenadine. We asked to move tables. Rahter than putting a clean tablecloth on the other table, simply a breadplate was put on it to hide it from view. Our waiter asked three times if we didn't want drinks. first cocktails, then wine, then he kept pushing for sparkling or bottled water... We ordered the fried green tomatoes to share, a burger and two roastbeef sandwiches.

The green tomatoes arrived. the flavours where good, but topping the dish was arugla that was clearly passed it shelf life: all three of us at the table agreed we would have probably thrown it out if we had salad like this in our fridge.

As we were looking around, it became apperant how dirty the restaurant was: windows wheren't cleaned properly, there was debries in corners, as we were walking towards the restrooms, the main dining room floor felt sticky to our shoes. Also the place looks rather poorly maintained. Looks into the kitchen and other BOH areas are very dirty as well.

The burgers and roastbeef sandwiches were overall ok. Though the roast beef was very tough and some pieces were not cutable. Both sandwiches had very minimal vegetables and the fries served with them were overly salty. Mayonaise requested was not home made, neither was the ketchup.

Overall it feels as if this restaurant is going to close soon (Emeril's other restaurant in Univeral is closing soon and being redeveloped into a new concept. The food was OK, though nothing to write home about. When we left, staff greeted us goobye, but nodby opened the door and for us. Garnishing food with items that are pale is not the idea. Definitly some issues in cleanliness and maintenance as well as staff attititude towards service practices as well. For a celebrity Chef Restaurant this simply doesn't cut it..

1  Thank MRMARKV
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Walked-in with our party of 5. Sat at bar with no wait. Full menu was available. In an atmosphere of make believe and fakes (Universal), bartender Susan was a pleasant and lovely host with a warm smile and helpful drink and dinner suggestions to our diverse party. The food was well prepared with a nice presentation. The double cut pork chop was delicious. Will visit again on next trip