18,447 results
All reviews bowling alley lazy river bayliner diner city walk retro theme family suite zest soap universal studios early admission the bus early access harry potter cafeteria style fire pit food court pool area halloween horror nights
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We did a package deal that included Halloween Horror Nights tickets. The price was unbeatable. While the room seemed a bit small, it was very cozy for my wife and I. The room included full beds in a separated part of the room, and a pull out couch in the "living room" area. Unfortunately, to sleep comfortably, my wife and I slept in separate beds.....despite that, I would definitely do this again, and would suggest this to anyone that asks.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
3  Thank Cvjo31
Universal's C, Manager at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for your recent review. We're so delighted to hear your overall stay at our resort was great and that you also found our prices to be very reasonable.

Your feedback in important to us and we can't wait for your next visit to Cabana Bay!

Have a swell day,
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Management

Reviewed 22 September 2018

My room had pen scribbles on the side on the bed and the furniture was beat up... the room smelled bad, and the food was very expensive and was “okay” ... also heads up you have to buy a tube at the hotel in order to use the lazy river

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts
1  Thank liljulie772
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two weeks in the Americana building during August, with our 9 year old son. This hotel was perfect for us. It has all he facilities you need on site for an easy two week stay, the diner was reasonably priced with great choice and great tasting food especially the breakfast. We had a couple of difficulties with our shower which we received hotel vouchers for as way of apology. I must give a special mention to a bar man called Brian at the swizzle bar he made our stay extra special his charismatic attitude and the desire to make your stay even better was great, lovely chats he made the best cocktails and after a busy day at the parks he was a perfect tonic! Thank you Brian for always keeping the bud light lime on ice for us! We have already booked another two week stay next year with our extended family this time so I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Laura C

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We're so delighted to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay at Cabana Bay. From our reasonable prices to the great food selection offered, there is definitely a lot to love about a stay at our resort. We also appreciate your kind compliments on our staff, especially Brian at Swizzle, and will be sure to share your feedback with him and the team.

We look forward to becoming your new favorite Orlando resort!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

From the minute I walked into this hotel, I was in relax mode. Booking a last minute one-night stay, I was just looking for a place close to Universal Studios where I can crash before a visit to the park the next day. I didn't realize it was going to have a resort-feel - had I known, I would have arrived earlier to enjoy all the amenities. The property oozes a futuristic retro-Jetsons style motif. Great customer service throughout. At the core, the rooms are what you'd find in an average hotel, although well-appointed, new and modern. The main thrill of the hotel though, is everything else. Bright, airy, clean and modern, you'll find two pools, lazy river, bowling alley, arcade, food court, fitness center and many laundry rooms throughout the property. Also wifi worked throughout the property without having to reconnect. Off in the distance you'll see Volcano Bay, Universal's new water park.

The benefits of this hotel were early access to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Volcano Bay. Early access to WWHP was awesome - the day I went there were practically no lines. With the free shuttle service, it was easier to park at the hotel for $14/night and catch the frequent shuttle to the park. That way you don't have to pay for additional parking at the park. I ended up finishing up at Universal/Islands of Adventures earlier than I expected, returned to the hotel, and even though I checked out already, was allowed to use all the facilities for the rest of the day. While I did laundry back at the hotel, I went to the pool, used the gym, and then showered in the locker room before I headed out to my next destination.

I got a great last minute deal and it blew away any expectations. I would stay here again next time if I was in town if the price was right. If you're looking for a hotel that has a little more than a typical Courtyard or Holiday Inn, this place is worth a look - it's a place you won't get bored if you decide to take a breather from the parks.

Room tip: Pool or Volcano Bay view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank CSquaredC2
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Cabana Bay in May 2018 and September 2018 and we love it here. The staff, the atmosphere, the pool with the lazy river (not so much the slide pool), the benefits of early park admission into Universal Studios and Volcano Bay, the refillable cups, the great theming, there’s so much to keep you coming back.

There were some things we didn’t like about our May trip and hoped they were one offs, but unfortunately they aren’t, so next trip we’ll stay at another Loews hotel at Universal.

This is the least sound proof hotel I’ve ever stayed at and when you’ve spent all day in the amazing theme parks, you want/need a relaxing nights rest. In May we stayed in Thunderbird and in September we stayed in Americana and both have the same issue. We’ve had to leave our tv a few times whilst trying to get to sleep for the noise. We can hear conversation (they’re talking about jockstraps next door currently if you wondered), other people’s tv’s, arguments, coughing - and it’s not just our neighbours - walking down the hallway, at times you also get a snap shot as to the lives of people on the other side of the shut door.

I’m actually still staying at the hotel now and planned to read for an hour, but the noise from next doors tv is so loud (I don’t think they actually have it on that high a volume), I thought I’d write my review early.

The rooms also need a bit of TLC. Our main bedroom light didn’t work, the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall and in May our safe didn’t work. I must admit, I didn’t report these issues to the hotel as when our safe broke in May, it took all afternoon to resolve whilst we were stuck in the room as the engineer came and went. Scuffed furniture is also common across the resort based on my experience in May and friends rooms on multiple stays.

If you don’t mind a noisy hotel, this place is amazing (hence why we came back a second time). We will leave this resort with happy memories and glad we stayed here, but will choose not to visit again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank samnagy