“late evening stop_just right”
Review of Thai Island

Thai Island
Ranked #972 of 4,283 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Had a hankering for some Thai. Saw the reviews and thought I'd stop. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly owners and the really tasty Thai food. Price was low and reasonable. I will stop again.

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Went to this place on a last minute decision. The entire family works there and are the most delightful hosts who truly want to give you quality food at very reasonable cost. The service was great and food as well. Everything we ordered had flavor and fresh taste.
After we finished dinner the owner brought the most awesome Thai cookies her mother makes. They are so good we bought some to go home and ate every last one.
Before tip and no alcohol 3 appetizers and 4 dinner meals with tax $75.00.
I will go back and my friends said they would also.
Great experience

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Small quaint, clean and comfortable, casual dining. Pleasant atmosphere. Food piping hot and tasty. They use all fresh ingredients. Get a lot of food for your money. 7 minutes away from airport. In a small strip mall next to carmax, on Semorran Blvd. Well worth it if you love simple fresh good Thai food.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I was around the area and was looking for a Thai restaurant and it comes in my TripAdvisor profile right away. I wasn't impress for the place which is not fancy at all but the food is a breath take...wowww!!!
I will recommend as a must the green tea the have with pineapple flavors, it's just amazing. The soups are good as well and personally I love curry so I asked the red curry with fish on it, and it can't be better. Spice as hell but I requested like that, simply love this place. Will be back for sure!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I should warn you not to come to this restaurant for the ambience. The restaurant itself is a mom and pop type of place and looks a bit beaten up. But the food. Oh, man, that's another thing all together and the main reason for the 5 star review.

We got the traditional Tom Yum soup and chicken sate. The soup was delicious and with my throat hurting that day, it was just what the doctor ordered. The chicken sate was okay, a bit small but the peanut sauce more than made up for it. For the entrees we shared the red chicken curry and the drunken noodles. The curry itself seemed a bit watery and I was afraid the flavor would be similar. I can tell you that I was happily wrong! The curry was bursting with flavor and although I like it thicker, no complaints at all. The drunken noodles were recommended in the reviews and they were indeed terrific. We didn't get any dessert but the owner brought some flat cookies out with this extremely aromatic tea on the house. A classy move and both the cookie and the tea were delicious.

Come for the food and you won't be disappointed.