“Excellent food!!!”

Thai Island
Ranked #1,022 of 4,106 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I was around the area and was looking for a Thai restaurant and it comes in my TripAdvisor profile right away. I wasn't impress for the place which is not fancy at all but the food is a breath take...wowww!!!
I will recommend as a must the green tea the have with pineapple flavors, it's just amazing. The soups are good as well and personally I love curry so I asked the red curry with fish on it, and it can't be better. Spice as hell but I requested like that, simply love this place. Will be back for sure!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I should warn you not to come to this restaurant for the ambience. The restaurant itself is a mom and pop type of place and looks a bit beaten up. But the food. Oh, man, that's another thing all together and the main reason for the 5 star review.

We got the traditional Tom Yum soup and chicken sate. The soup was delicious and with my throat hurting that day, it was just what the doctor ordered. The chicken sate was okay, a bit small but the peanut sauce more than made up for it. For the entrees we shared the red chicken curry and the drunken noodles. The curry itself seemed a bit watery and I was afraid the flavor would be similar. I can tell you that I was happily wrong! The curry was bursting with flavor and although I like it thicker, no complaints at all. The drunken noodles were recommended in the reviews and they were indeed terrific. We didn't get any dessert but the owner brought some flat cookies out with this extremely aromatic tea on the house. A classy move and both the cookie and the tea were delicious.

Come for the food and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Always go to off the books locations where the food is fresh and just made from scratch. One of the best placer to eat Thai food which is owned by local residents who work extremely hard to provide for their families. The location is just amazing by all standards. I always have the red curry and the spring rolls. The owned remember my name and always are very welcoming. One day I came in and they gave more food tha I can eat! Didn't even have to pay for half of it! Asked for more chicken in my plate due to it being light on it and they said sorry for that and filled me up. The owners always give you hot green tea to start you off! Best location to have around the block. Even took to go plates with me prior a flight and was the best idea ever!

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Although the place does not seem very inviting from the outside, we did visit aince we read good reviews online. And we made a great choice. The owners are very kind and friendly, they recommend food if you are not very familiar with Thai cuisine, and all we ordered was simply delicious! The portions are not small so be careful, order one by one. We had some food left since it was too much. But delicious! True Thai food! And the prices are reasonable. Worth a visit!

1  Thank ka9
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I had high expectations which were not met. Pad thai not edible. Basil chicken lacked the right flavor. The one good thing was the crispy chicken wings.