“A satisfactory economical hotel”

Ramada Orlando Near Convention Center
Ranked #290 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
North Carolina
“A satisfactory economical hotel”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I booked this 5 night stay expecting 2-star accommodations and this is mostly what I received.
The clerk did not at first acknowledge my online booking price although she had my name and stay reservation in her system. I am glad that I printed out and brought my confirmation letter to my check-in. The room was 2-star fine although there was one dead roach carcass on the carpet, one light bulb missing, the TV remote did not work, and the TV picture tube was fixing to go out. The courteous maintenance person came the second day after two requests to change out the TV and furnish a light bulb. The hotel offers a complimentary pass to the adjacent YMCA upon request. It provides a complimentary hot continental breakfast which consists of rubbery scrambled eggs, poorly cooked sausage and okay self-prepared waffles. The other standard items are 2-star satisfactory including orange and apple juices, milk, 5 different cereals, pastries, toast , bagels, apples and oranges, and coffee/tea. One clerk was routinely rude but the others were fine. The hotel is well- situated and close to an I-drive trolley stop. International Drive is pedestrian friendly and has many close-by restaurants. An okay economical 2-star hotel overall..

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor on the backside and was convenient to the office and breakfast area.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Plantation
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I was in desperate need of a hotel for a one night stay in Orlando (International Drive area). I tried several places but a lot of them were sold out due to the marathon at WDW. I decided to use Priceline and crossed my fingers. For $43.00 I was given a "deluxe junior suite" at the Ramada which is a 2.5 star hotel. Upon trying to check in at around 2:30 I was told there were no rooms available and that check-in was at 3:00pm. I came back at 3:00pm and my "suite" was ready. I took the elevator to the third floor which had rooms on the inside of the building. The entrance to the third floor seemed a little shady since you can only enter the floor from the outside. There was a strange odor in the hallway but I thought, "It is humid in Florida and rugs can get musty." When I opened the door to my "suite" I cracked up. Surely, they gave me the wrong room but I was wrong. I indeed had the creme de la creme for a Ramada hotel which included dirty walls, chipped paint on ceiling, cracked tiles, and banged up furniture. I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and cringed. The rug felt so yucky (moist) I immediately put my flip flops on. I laid on the bed and it was very comfy and the pillows were plush. The television was fuzzy but after my husband banged on it a few times and wiggled the wiring in the back some channels came in clear. The shower was nice and hot but when I looked at the shower head it had spots of black mold. I turned the shower off ran to my luggage to grab my bleach wipes and cleans the shower head to the best of my ability. Since I was there for only one night I can say I had a good night's sleep and the air conditioned worked very well. Would I stay here again...I think I will pass.

Room Tip: Third floor has inside access so it seems a little safer.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Bad Honnef, Germany
Reviewed 23 December 2011

OK quality for the price, but very insecure. My room and others were broken into when I stayed at the hotel. The reception staff was very helpful and helped with police and all. The management of the facility was however not interested and had no interest in resolving the case and would not meet, despite requests to contact.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank skrash
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This is an old hotel that they recently painted over the rust and old walls. They also replace the mattesses with serta pillow-tops making a nice night sleep. The hot breakfast is nice with waffles, scambled eggs, sausage, and cereal. Pass on the coffee! The staff was nice and for the cheap price it was good for a nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Montreal
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed at the hotel from Nov 1 to 5 while attending a convention. Not the Ritz but a great hotel. Some notable comments are: beds and pillows super comfortable, breakfast was amazing with a huge variety, hotel very clean but needs a paint job and new carpets in the rooms, check in and customer service was fantastic ( we were 22 people). All in all it was a great stay for all of us. Would definitely stay there again !

• Stayed November 2011