“Very Good”

Ranked #3 of 391 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Prepare for a place where super heroes, beasts, and magical creatures stand before you. You're entering lands where everything is real. Explore a secret school of witchcraft and wizardry. Fly high above the city streets with a famous web slinger. Hide from hungry dinosaurs and hope you're not their next meal. And you can face the most colossal ape ever to walk the earth. Let the adventures begin.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was such a fun park! We went in July and there was something for each of us!
I'm not a big roller coaster fan, but my friends are. So they had a blast while I spent most of my time running around the Harry Potter section. We both loved the Jurassic section! The hot, humid weather really helps transport you.

I do wish they would do something about the Hogwarts Express. I was really disappointed that you had to have a ticket for both parks to get on it.

Date of experience: July 2017
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Islands of Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hello Gaurav,

I'm so pleased to know that you loved visiting us at Islands of Adventure. It's thrilling to know that everyone in your family was able to find something fun to enjoy throughout your trip! I appreciate the kind words that you have shared about your experiences with the Incredible Hulk Coaster, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and Jurassic Park. I'm happy to know that you felt transported into another place. I also appreciate your feedback about the Hogwarts Express and the need for a Park to Park ticket to participate. Please rest assured that I will forward your feedback to the appropriate Management for review. If you'd like to share any additional feedback about your experience I invite you to contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I hope that we are able to welcome you back for more adventures soon!

-Amanda

Write a ReviewReviews (48,566)
All reviews
in 314 reviews
"both parks"
in 1,314 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you like our love Disney... Be ready to be disappointed. This isn't the organized chaos Disney is equipped four. Here it's just chaos!
The food is terrible and it's the same crap throughout both parks... Popcorn, hotdog, coke, churros, and pretzels.
Park may be open till 10 but expect everything to start shutting down at 9!
Not enough workers to help move traffic along through the park. At Disney people assist with areas to keep from having bottlenecks. Not here.
Upside, I love the Hulk!!! Kong was awesome as well.

Date of experience: April 2018

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your overall experience at Islands of Adventure. It saddens me to know that you were not able to enjoy your experience due to high crowds and the food options throughout the parks. I apologize that the operating hours of the parks were not clearly explained to you as well. Please rest assured that I have formally documented your feedback and forwarded it to the appropriate Management for review. If you would like to discuss your visit in any further detail I recommend that you contact our Guest Services Department at (407) 224-4233, option 4, or send an email to GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I'm pleased to know that you were able to enjoy The Incredible Hulk Coaster and Reign of Kong: Skull Island and I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. I hope that we are able to speak with you soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Even though it was spring break and the park was packed, we had a great time. The Universal staff was awesome. They are friendly, welcoming and helpful. Hulk is a great roller coaster and the Spiderman ride is still great

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Sharon D

Hi Sharon,

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time during your recent Spring Break visit to Islands of Adventure, despite the crowds. It's heartwarming to know that your interactions with our Team Members were truly a highlight of your trip. I'm also glad to know that you enjoyed riding the Incredible Hulk Coaster and the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. During your next visit make sure you check out Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, it's definitely a thrilling experience! We look forward to welcoming you back for more adventures soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This park is themed as separate "islands" to visit (not really islands) with the following sections in roughly a circle layout:
1. Harry Potter Hogsmeade and Hogwarts
2. Jurassic Park
3. Lost world of Sinbad (no real rides here)
4. Skull Island, King Kong
5. Toon Lagoon (classic comics/cartoons)
6. Marvel Suiper Hero Island
7. Seuss Island (little kid oriented)

The longest wait times are regularly for:
1. Skull Island, Reign of Kong
2. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

If you are a Potter fan, this is by far the best part of the park! The buildings, the visuals, and all the parts of the book that come to life before your eyes in the buildings and while you wait for rides are truly amazing! The shops have very creatively recreated shops from the book and food and merchandise brings the book's magical items described in the book to life as well! So much fun discovering.

Word of caution: wizard wands are roughly $40 for non-working replicas, and about $54 for "optical interactive" capable wands, each! Also the wizard robes were roughly $115 each! Our kids, 7yo and 9yo really got tired of waiting in line for all the spots where their wands would perform "magic". However, no matter the temperature, they wanted to wear their robes and enjoyed the hidden want pocket inside their robes! Not sure how much use the robes will get back home.

Date of experience: April 2018

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly describe your visit to Islands of Adventure. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and that you were truly immersed in the story through the visual effects and merchandise locations throughout. I also appreciate your candid feedback about the merchandise you purchased and am glad that your children were able to enjoy themselves. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon!