“Another wonderful 2 weeks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott's Harbour Lake

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #14 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
orlando
“Another wonderful 2 weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Our two weeks at Harbour Lakes was another wonderful week. We were greated once again by the front desk as if we were one of the family and it continued for our entire stay from all employees.
Our modern updated Villa was again beyond expectations and we had a wonderful view of the pirate pool. Waking up and watching the sun rise everyday from the screened in porch was a great day to start the day.
We usually book for 14 days at Harbour lake and stay on site for 11 of those days; we choose different things to do year after year. This year we chose Discovery cove, Epcot and Universal.
The activities provided for the children were fantastic and kept our children busy for the entire 2 weeks which gave us that extra time to vacation.
My only negative feeling of our stay was seeing an unhappy guest upset over the simplest things and giving the staff a hard time.

We own at Harbour Lake and Grande Vista and have exchanged our Grande Vista week every year for the past few years just to be able to stay at Harbour Lake for two straight weeks; well worth decision.
See you again Harbour Lake.

2 Thank Travel2sun2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Slovak first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I along with our college aged daughter spent a week at this Marriott resort through an exchange via Interval International. Our accommodations consisted of a two bedroom, two bath unit on the fifth floor in one of the newer buildings. It was clean, quiet and well equipped. There were two pools with entertainment at the larger one. Pretty walkway along the lake and a short drive to WDW. We would love to vacation there again!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Ionagrad
Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We spent the week with our son's family which included a 4 year old and a one year old. The 4 year old loved the pirate ship with the water slide. The staff was very helpful and the activities were great for the smaller set. We also liked the pier. While the fishing poles supplied were not the best, they were adequate for the 4 year old to catch a couple of small fish which were promptly fed to the grey herron that seemed to think that he owned the right to all fish caught. The one draw back was that we were on the north west side which is close to Interstate 4 and the road noise distracted from full use of the screened in porch.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the building that is closest to I-4 since the road noise if higher there.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lenp1139
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

While checking in I asked the front desk clerk if I could request an updated/renovated room. She stated they don't update rooms. I explained to her I had read reviews on trip advisor and from most management response to guest complaints is that they never asked or advised what they wanted. So, I asked for an updated room and I was told by the front desk clerk that they don't do that. I then asked the clerk could I do a walk thru of a room so I could make the determination if the room was accommodating for my families needs. She stated she needed to get the manager. As soon as the manager came out he greeted me and went in on me while I was standing at the front desk with my family. This is what the manager name TOM said, " OUR UPDATED /RENOVATED ROOMS ARE FOR OUR OWNERS ONLY AND NOT OUR GUEST and if you don't like it you can go somewhere else." Enough said!

How rude was that? I politely advised him that nowhere on the website does it state that owners of the resort only get a renovated room because if it did I would have gone somewhere else. He became even more rude and loud and the front desk clerks were laughing while he was talking to me. First, the front clerk stated she would get the manager because she wasn't sure if I could do a walk through, we had already established I wasn't getting an updated room. Why he confronted me with that part I wasn't sure. The manager was misguided by the front desk clerks information. The manager Tom was very rude and didn't even consider what I had to say he just started to attack. So if you are going to this resort please remember that the renovated rooms are for the OWNERS!!! Even though we were charged $227 a night. We will not be going back to this less than average resort with roaches and termites flying everywhere on the playground.

Room Tip: Please read the reviews on trip advisor before going because it will help!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank Never A
MVCI_Executive, Manager at Marriott's Harbour Lake, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marriott's Harbour Lake. We apologize the (level of service) did not meet your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us. In order for us to appropriately address your concerns, please contact our Customer Care office at Marriott Vacations Worldwide via email at Customer.Care@mvwc.com or at 800-860-9384.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

all in all this is a wonderful place for families. MY guess is the bad reviews are expecting the service/amenities you get in a MArriott hotel but this is a MArriott Time share and it is fantastic.
Rooms: We stayed in a two bedroom unit. It was very spacious for our family of five. Nice size lving room with a flat screen TV and a fully stocked kitchen. The room was what youd expect from a Marriott Time share. Other reviews complained about bugs and noise but we did not experince this at all. As a matter of fact we did not hear our "neighbors" the entire time we were there. We had families staying on either side of us and not once did I hear a TV, or talking, yelling, crying from anyone.

Pool: The pools were fantastic. The pirate ship pool is great for young kids, it kept my three entertained for hours. For oldere kids there is another deeper pool with a pretty good sized water slide. Lots of kids playing with balls, floats, etc which they don't allow at all resort pools. There was either a DJ or music playing from the speakers. They also have a splash park with water dumping from large buckets, spraying everywhere, etc.

Activities. Seemed like there was something going on every hour of the day from 9:00 AM until 9:00 PM. Ice Cream sunday parties, soccer/flag football games, magicians, DJ's, dancing, etc. Some small charges for some activites but it was a couple bucks at most. They also have an area with pool tables, basketball courts, fooz ball table and mini golf. All of this is free including the mini golf. Signs say mini golf costs $5 but we played several times and were never charged.

Resort Grounds: Everything was very well maintained and nice. Other reviews complain about particuluar buildings but we were in the building furthest away from the pools and it was at most a five minute walk. If you are going to cook in a lot then I would recomend asking for a room near the gas grills that are available in certain locations. One annoyance is what seemed like the constant use of gas powered blowers to clean the grounds. You hear them quite often throughout the day and once they were even in the pool area when it was in use. This prompted me to complain to a manager about the excessive noise levels when guests are trying to relax.

Food/Bars. Poor. Drinks were fine but very limited food choices that were over priced and not at all good. This is the only reason I did not give 5 stars. You cannot get a nice meal here. It's basically burgers and some fried food options.

All in all I would stay here again. Great placer for families. We visited MArriott Cypress Harbour and Sheraton Vistana and I would choose Harbour lakes over either location. HArbour Lakes is small and it's a five minute walk to anywhere in the resort. The other two locations I mentioned were enormous. There had to be at least fifty buildings which to me means long walks or getting in a car if you want to go to a certain pool or restaurant.

Room Tip: If you plan on cooking in, ask for a room near a gas grill/barbecue.
3 Thank jjb02171