“Great Stay at the Hawthorne Suites”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #77 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Lovely hotel situated in an excellent location with easy access to local shops, restaurants, bars and not far from the Disney resorts. If for your holiday you are looking to keep the financial cost down and allowing you to have more to spend at the Disney resorts (which can be pricey) then this is an ideal inexpensive hotel, which includes free breakfasts during your stay and a complimentary shuttle transferring you to Disney's Epcot where you can gain free transport to the other Disney resorts. Mon -Thurs there are complimentary snacks and drinks provided in the dining area. Our room came with 2 Queen size beds, en suite bathroom and kitchen & lounge. Overall the room was decent size with only criticism being the toilet and bath felt low down. Rooms have a hairdryer and iron included so no need to pack one. Towels were provided and were changed daily as required. The staff were outstanding paying attention to customer needs at all times. The complimentary breakfast was very good and set us up nicely for the day. Oh how I'm missing my grits. Other facilities provided included a pool, gym and games room. Our overall feeling is that we would happily stay at the Hawthorne Suites again if we were to go back in the future and would highly recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Darren C
StaySkyHotelsResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Hi Darren,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our excellent location near everything. The best compliment we can get is your recommendation, so thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Social Media Concierge

Write a ReviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We had a late flight into Orlando and needed a place to stay for the night. The room was nice and big and accommodates a family of four or more very well. Things could use updating but the staff were very pleasant. I picked the hotel looking for a free breakfast so we could get up and go to the park early. The free breakfast was probably the worst I ever had at a hotel. It was very disappointing. I also selected the hotel for the shuttle service that I later learned only went to Disney. They wanted $40 pp to take you to Universal. That was $160 for four of us to get to the park. Totally outrageous! We drove to the park paid $30 for the VIP parking and saved a boatload of money. It was a good price and fine for one night but I would not stay there again unless I had no choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Rochelle,

We are glad that you liked the spacious accommodations but very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in our complimentary breakfast. We would like to clarify that the Universal shuttle is $10 per person and apologize if it came across as $40 per person versus the price for the whole group to travel round trip. We thank you for sharing your feedback, and we sincerely hope to be able to host you again and show you a better stay!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Had a great stay here. Great location close to parks, restaurants and shopping. Rooms were spacious. Nice quiet location. Everyone was great. Very helpful and friendly. Special thanks to Mayra who took care of us during the evening socials and to Eduardo who worked during morning breakfast. Food and service was great!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
StaySkyHotelsResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hi Warren,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay and liked our close location to everything. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel. This is my second time staying here. The thing about this area is that even popular hotels can suck so you never know what your going to get. For example, we stayed at the Sheraton down the street and there were unbelievable amounts of hidden fees I even had to pay $15/day for parking wtf?! I usually book through hotels.com and now I learned my lesson and look for the section that says what fees are included and what I will be charged when I get there. At this Hawthorn there aren't any extra fees, parking is free, wifi is free, and there's even free hot breakfast . I only payed the room rate and about $25 in taxes for 2 nights and when I got here they asked for a $25 deposit that can be payed in cash. They will charge you a fee of $250 if you smoke in the room. I feel like I can trust them and I'm not getting scammed here. The best part is that the hotel is super clean and the staff is actually nice! This is also hard to find in this area!! The beds are super comfy and the rooms are a good size. You are about 5 mins away from Disney springs and in between there's an area full of popular restaurants with a full variety from dennys to red lobster there's even a McDonald's in case you wanna do a drive thru on your way back from Disney. The hot breakfast is buffet style and includes eggs, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, toast, English muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, and juice. Things can obviously vary depending on availability. Another super hugely important point ☝️ for me is safety, since we usually just come me and my kid, 2 girls by themselves, I have to be able to feel safe and not looking over my shoulder all the time, I think since the rooms are all inside the building and it doesn't have outside hallways I feel safe, anyone that wanted to get in would have to go through the front desk/ lobby first. Overall I'm super pleased with this hotel an would come back again. If I had to find something wrong with it I probably could but it didn't bother me much since the important points for me are ✅ checked off. Ok so maybe the a/c in the room is a little loud at night, but it's a good unit not one of the cheep ones that hang outside and don't cool the room. This is the real deal a/c. And honestly I can't really complain about anything else. We did book a standard room but they put us in an accessible king bed room , which we didn't mind since it's just me and my kid, so our room didn't have a desk but it did have a bigger bathroom though that was a plus. Hope this review helps you out.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jazmin D

Hi Jazmin,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us and felt completely safe staying with us. Thank you for being a repeat guest and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Currently in our last few days at hawthorn suites and it's been a very pleasant stay. The hotel is in a great location for all the parks. The rooms are clean and well looked after by the cleaners.
The pool area is a nice retreat after a busy day at the parks. One negative is that the outside seating areas around the pool closes at 10pm.
Breakfast is nice with different options, get there early if you want a banana though!!
Mon-Thursday the hotel provides free drinks during 5.30-7.30 to all guests. This is a great gesture from the hotel. Mayra provides the drink, she's great, very friendly and provides some good holiday tips!
Would highly recommend the hotel, great value for money, good location, clean, great staff

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
StaySkyHotelsResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our great location and having a very lovely stay! The best compliment we can get is your recommendation, so thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us!