Just arrived back after 2 weeks stay (2 adults/3 kids) and friends. 1st time to Orlando so were a little apprehensive and our expectations were high. We wernt disappointed! Hired a car booked it online easy. We found hotel straight away asked couple people on route. Location was spot on 5 mins drive to disney, 15 mins to universal, 5 mins walk to loads restaurants. Would recommend Hooters, gud for a burger, Black Angus steak and Shrimps were marvelous, Olive Garden italian and v. gud and across crossroads The Ale House the cheapest but definately worth a mention. Couple times we got taxis (8 people) so we could have a beer 30 dollars to Universal City Walk or 3 buses!!! Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island was 16 dollars, kids loved Disney Quest which were included on tickets we had bought online otherwise $40ish. Winn Dixie supermarket around the corner for supplies locals really friendly everytime we went we were offered someones saver card brill!
Staff at hotel were great couple times wen we had a few busy days at parks came back to hotel had a soak in hot tub couple cold beers, Cedric on the desk had papa johns pizza ( never had a bad order always piping hot) on speed dial - great end to fabulous day. Edwardo was great with the kids at breakfast time kept them entertained - food was better than expected couple hot items fruit, cereals, toast and jams, juice, tea and coffee. Rooms i would say are bit dated but never the less gud value perhaps cud do with being bit bigger ( there was 5 of us and the sofa bed was not mega comfy) kitchen was more that adequate cud have cooked if we d have wanted. Maid service was great washed our cups etc clean towels everyday. Mon-thurs couple free beers and pop, crisps incl in price, managers special on wed wen you could have burger 1 week and hotdog other. Pool is fairly small but we always got a bed, hot tub, basket ball area, even got bbqs that you could use. Free towels. You couldnt ask for anything more other than perhaps foot massage!
Few tips: 2 toll roads from international airport $1.75 for both make sure you get in right queue if you havent change a fine if not.
We took a picnic to parks including couple frozen waters not a problem saved us loads(we ate out every evening) although food looked really nice and not a bad price. Refillable cups available which wer gud value.
We took dollars with us and credit card in case we ran out which we didnt but you do need it for car and hotel, we roughly spent around $100-$150 for 5 of us on evening meal incl drinks sometimes bottle wine. Never saw a exchange shop.
We ordered our tickets for parks online with ' i love orlando' £1600 for disney and universal and from what others said ours wer cheapest included fastpass in disney. Try to plan what rides you want to go on you can only have fastpass tickets on so many rides and every so often throughout day and queues can be long!! Wear comfy shoes!!!
Sorry like War and Peace but so much i cud say but definately would use this hotel again. Have fun......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Otel, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Wotif.com, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista Florida