“Worth the wait”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 4,060 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 15 - USD 38
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Did not know anything about this restaurant, but decided to try it from the reviews. We were not disappointed! The food and service was fantastic. We will plan on going again when in the area. The only downside was we called ahead for seating and was told it our table should be available in about 25 minutes, we got there in about 15 minutes and were told it would be another 20 minutes or so because of tables extending the time. After 40 minutes I revisited the host stand and was told it would be about 5 to 10 minutes more. But as I returned to our group of four, the pager went off. Glad we waited - but will be sure to call ahead again. As others have noted - very noisy atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I actually tried to deter my relatives from choosing Delmonico's for a birthday dinner celebration solely based on the location, but on this rare occasion my I-Drive mantra proved false.

We were a large group of 14 and everyone enjoyed their various choices. Service was attentive and the food was very good. My only complaint would be the noise... this is not the place for an intimate dinner (perhaps outside seating is better?).

I recommend making reservations, it was very crowded and considering the proximity to the convention center that my be the norm.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I ate here for a casual dinner with my young son. He wanted the pasta and meatballs from the children's menu ($6) so I ordered it off the regular dinner menu for $13 and split it with him. There was plenty of food but I was surprised that we couldn't order spaghetti for the pasta -- you could choose from linguini, penne, angel hair, rigatoni, or fettucini. We had the linguini which was good but I thought the 2 large meatballs were just o.k. -- perhaps the spices weren't to my liking. One entree, a glass of house wine, tax and tip was $25 so a bit of expensive for a basic meal but the service was good. I would return and give the steak a try next time.

I liked the restaurant decor of the caricatures of famous people and the funny quotes. I didn't like the waitresses' uniforms which included black, lace stockings -- a bit too risque for a family restaurant.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We at at Delmonicos on Sat, Feb 18. Rib Eye special was cooked perfect and side vegtable nicely prepared. Veal parm was equally tasty and huge. Wine list is less than impressive but ok. Food prices were fantasic - esp the Rib Eye special. High quality food, great service. Very well run, popular restaurant. The review on TA are accurate - this is a fantasic italian restaurant.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We entertained about 25 clients at Delmonico's last weekend. I chose it based on its proximity to the Orange County Convention Center and the TripAdvisor reviews. I was not disappointed in any way.

When we first walked into the restaurant, I wasn't so sure I had made a good choice. There are caricatures everywhere you look. Large ones. With captions. I thought I was in trouble.

From that moment on I was reassured and very pleased.

The food was distinctly Italian, but the steaks were actually quite good. Being from Texas, I am a bit choosy about the steak quality, but my steak was great and the guests I talked with loved their as well. There are many other items besides steak, and they all looked very good too.

The service was actually quite good for a group as large as ours. The staff was prompt, the food was delivered while hot, and the service was constant.

The restaurant is noisy but not exceptionally so. Overall, I would choose them again for a similar engagement.