“Great, No Frills Seafood!”

New Orleans Cajun Seafood
Ranked #887 of 4,216 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 24 December 2016

The service at this place is horrible but the food makes up for it! I'm a local and I come to this place often. The workers don't speak very much English, but they are friendly nonetheless. The 2nd time I came, there was a teenager with green hair who was working the cash register. He told me they were out of blue crabs. I was pissed because I drove all the way over there expecting blue crabs. I ended up ordering the 1/2 lb of snow crab, shrimp and crawfish ($14). When I got my food, I asked another employee when they would be getting another batch of blue crabs, she told me we have plenty of blue crabs in the kitchen (well- I can tell this is what she was trying to say)! All the kid said was, "my bad." He didn't even look up from his iPad. I wanted to complain to the manager, but I figured teenagers will be teenagers. Don't let this rant stop you from eating here. Just have an idea of what you want before you go and have a backup if they are out what you want. They have headless/head on shrimp, soups, fried seafood, potatoes and corn, so you have a variety of options. They also have different seasonings you can try. The Cajun is VERY spicy. The Garlic Butter is my favorite. You can even asked them to mix and match the seasonings to suite your taste. You get a decent amount of food for the price and pretty much every meal comes with corn and huge red potatoes. I normally get 12 medium crabs, shrimp, corn, potatoes ($28). I always have left overs. The crabs are cleaned for you. The place accepts credit/debit, cash and EBT. If you get your food to go, they give it to you in the same boxes they receive their shipments in. I appreciate this because the garlic butter can spill in your car. I recommend that you call ahead. You can eat there, but I wouldn't recommend it because it gets loud and crowded. The tables and chairs are clean though. It's located right off of the 408 on west colonial drive. Colonial is a busy street with other retail (pawn shops, Rainbow) and fast food options (Popeyes, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's). This is defiantly a "hole in the wall" place that you should try!

1  Thank ecobb2016

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

I started coming here 6 years ago and I'm now a regular. I wish they would give the place a makeover because it does the food no justice! I order the crawfish special with an extra pound all the time. When they ask you "do you want garlic, spicy or both?" Be specific. Spicy is HOT. But they customize it just how you like. (You can also get your spices and butter on the side). I bring my family here when they come from out of town and they love it. Reminds you of Nawlins and my South Florida all in one. Try it. You'll be stuck!!

2  Thank Kristi O
Reviewed 11 June 2016

If you want really great crawfish and seafood like in NOLA,this is the place !Prices are reasonable and great service,i wish they would use fresh corn instead of frozen when in season.I do have one problem with them taking food stamps,they have a way to get around it,you buy the frozen seafood and they charge you a fee for cooking it,using food stamp card,i have to pay cash and you see these people carrying out boxes with food and paying with my tax $$$.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

a bit off the normal tourist places but thought we'd give it a try. when we arrived about 6pm the place was packed out which is always a good sign. we sat on the bar area and watched the cooking which was an experience, the staff were great in this please, very attentive to your needs even when it was dead busy. we had a groupon for crayfish for 4. we went for the cajun and butter and it was gorgeous and quite spicy. maybe a little too spicy for the kids. but guess not as they wolfed them all down. my only negetive is the crayfish for 4 isn't enough when you have seafood loving kids, so had to order some other food but thats just us. Overall don't expect luxury seating, but expect great staff, down to earth surroundings, and lovely seafood - definitely recommend this place

Reviewed 12 April 2016

When we drove away from the Downtown Orlando into the area where the restaurant was located we started to have doubts if it was a good choice for a Sunday lunch. Things started to look a little rough. Nevertheless, the restaurant impressed us with their food. It was both, plentiful and delicious! We ordered a few fried items from the menu for the kids (who are pretty spoiled when it comes to food), and they ate everything on their plates. My 18 y.o. son ordered crab legs with butter and garlic, which was probably the best dish on the table. I really enjoyed the po-boy with soft shell crab and a bowl of crawfish etouffee. The po-boy was so large that I could barely finish it. We ended up really liking the place.

2  Thank Kalistrat