“Too good”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Dr. Phillips Blvd
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Absolutely the best place we've eaten in Orlando. Shared a bottle of perfectly chilled Flatline Sauvigon Blanc. Started with the Spinach Salad and Mahi Ceviche, both winners. Next had the Sauted Calamari and the Seared Scallops, Calamari was such a flavorful treat, luscious broth, love that it was not a deep fried version. Finished with the Lamb Chops perfectly grilled. Didn't leave room for dessert...next time. Live duo wandering sax & soulful vocalist made for the perfect evening.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Went here about a month ago with my wife. It was on a Sunday around 7:30 pm. When we walked in there were five people in the place. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks. My wife ordered the wine flight and I ordered a beer. We looked at the menu and decided to order one of their meat and cheese plates. Food, beer, wine, and service where very good. Yesterday my wife and I went to dinner with a couple of friends (5 of us total). We ate at a restaurant near Le Rouge. After dinner (about 8:00 pm) I suggested we try Le Rouge for some wine and beer. We walked into Le Rouge and were seated at a table. There were about 15 people sitting at tables, and nobody at the bar. The bartender came to the table and asked us what we wanted. Two of us ordered the champagne flights, two ordered beer, and one ordered a wine flight. The bartender told us that she could not serve the wine flight because she didn't have enough wine glasses. We thought she was kidding because we saw plenty of wine glasses behind the bar, and we looked around and no one else was having the wine flights. Clearly she didn't want to open three bottles of wine. I wanted to walk out but was convinced by the others to have our drinks then leave. The person who wanted the wine flight but was told he couldn't, ordered a Sangria. Our drinks arrived and the champagne flights were flat. At this point we figured out that this place doesn't get enough traffic to keep a fresh turnover of its wine or champagne. We paid the bill and walked out. As we walked out there were about About six people in the place, and the DJ. As we walked to our cars, my friend who paid the bill informed me that the bartender included the gratuity on the bill. He didn't tell me inside the place because he figured I would have been upset. I couldn't believe it, five people and they include gratuity. Poor service, flat champagne flights, and telling us we couldn't order wine flights with a bogus excuse. Will not be back. It's a shame because its a nice place, and our first visit was good.

4  Thank David P
Reviewed 12 September 2015

My wife and I with some friends had just eaten at Roy's in the same plaza and went to grab a few drinks and check out this place as we were looking for a venue to throw a birthday party for a family member later this month. The decor was nice, but that was about all that was. The ladies at the table ordered the sparkling wine flight, which was not sparkling due to the fact it had been opened apparently a while ago and had lost all of its bubbles. My friend tried to order the red wine flight but was told they didn't have enough wine glasses to fulfill his order, even though there was literally a wall full of them behind us. I ordered a Blue Moon beer which is typically served with an orange wedge but came out without one and the beer tasted as if it were either old or stored in a hot room as it was skunky. Getting your beer in a glass is apparently something you must request, I guess they are low on those as well. I'm not sure how the food was and will never know now due to the bad experience. I see a lot of good reviews about this place and must have come on an off night, although it was a Friday at 9pm which is usually a busy time for a bar but this place was empty. The area this place is in has much better places to spend your money in my opinion, but you can make up your own mind.

3  Thank Adamr3009
Reviewed 14 August 2015

I am visiting from Pensacola and I enjoy a good wine bar. I picked this place out for my friend's birthday and I was in LOVE!! I was shocked to see how empty it was but that was a perfect opportunity to chat with our lovely server Nicole and meet the owner. The appetizers were amazing I had the escargot and tuna tartar (AMAZEBALLS). Their wine selection is also divine. Prices are reasonable didn't break my wine budget! I will definitely be going back before I leave town. Maybe even tonight :)

1  Thank Erica W
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Love trying different places when we visit Orlando and this certainly did not disappoint!
Great tapas, so you can try several dishes. The mussels were delicious and so were the lamb chops. The services great and nice ambience other than the big screen t.v., could do without. Nice wine list too and there is a hookah bar for those who enjoy this.