Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
8,192 results
All reviews savannah view jambo house animal kingdom kidani village savannah room night vision goggles african theme watching the animals savanna view room boma restaurant the bus zebra trail bunk beds booked a standard room quick service disney world cast members
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2021

Returned yesterday from 3 days, 2 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We splurged for a Savannah view room and were rewarded with a great balcony view on the lowest floor. It is the most we've ever spent for a hotel room but we both agreed it was well worth it and are planning to go back when they restart the private safaris.

The animals are used to people being around. We learned their names from the zookeepers who would stop their Cushmans under our balcony and answer questions. My favorite was a giant bird, the Absyssinian Ground Hornbill infamously known as "Casanova" . I would call him from the balcony and he would come bounding over and just stare up at us looking like, "what, why did you call me over?"

Herds of antelope, gazelles, zebras, giraffes, African pigs and the amazing Okapi- I'd never even heard of but looked like a cross between a zebra and an antelope yet in the giraffe family. Just before dark they become very frisky and frolic about chasing each other. Geese chasing native bunnies around was very entertaining. The African birds wake up calls were incredibly loud and exotic. Feeding times are the best. We witnessed a pack of zebra racing at full gallup to a fresh bale of hay and sliding in with a cloud of dust.

We went to Animal Kingdom Park on Earth Day and got soaked. However, the park hours were 8-8 yet we Ninja Rope Dropped and were in @ 7:19 and beelined for Flight of Passage and did it twice with no wait- best ride evah! Previously Soarin' was my fav but FOP blows it away. We did the river ride and were not that impressed, Dino ride meh, safari- awesome as always.

Lunch at Tiffins- we managed to get in using the walkup line when they opened at 11:00. Lobster mac and cheese very good, sliders so so. Earthday cktls excellent.

We also got lucky to get into Sanaa our last nite. I had been trying for a ressie for months and could not get one. The hostess told me to try the "join walk in" on the app at precisely 5:00. It worked, only the only available spot was 5:05- my wife made record time getting ready in 3 minutes and we were in. I've never had African inspired fare before. I loved it. Lamb stew and short ribs had flavors that were remarkable. The service was impeccable and the South African cab we had was superb.

They say crowds were limited to 35% but I don't believe it. By noon the park was packed and everyone was soaked and wading through puddles. We had MM ponchos and umbrellas and still smiled throughout the day, after all it is a rainforest.

Date of stay: April 2021
5  Thank JoeMammy_1
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We have been going to Disney since it opened. I have never been spoken to so rudely by the manager Erin at the front desk. I feel bad for the staff with leadership like I witnessed. It was my granddaughters birthday. I was so upset I didn't sleep at all last night. They are using the virus to not staff appropriately.

Date of stay: March 2021
6  Thank janetfO4811TT
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

Ok so I’m not sure what’s happened here but this hotel used to be one of the nicest and friendliest hotels ever! It seems to me that the staff has lost their hospitality skills here on this stay. Very rude people work here now. The hotel is still nice and the view of the animals makes it worth it to bring your kids here, but seriously the worst Disney staff I’ve ever seen in 35+ years of coming to these properties. I’m giving 2 stars instead of 1 because the animals are worth the star! Front desk, gift shop, restaurant, all just terrible! Wake up management, you have the worst staff in Disney’s history working at your hotel. I’ve seen construction workers with better manors!!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
18  Thank 57brets
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Our family (two adults, two elementary age children) spent a week in the Jambo House section on the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Jambo House is the main section of the hotel. The theming and level of service is exceptional here, even by Disney standards. The lobby is magnificent and massive. It was a treat to see the hotel transform overnight with Christmas decorations. The pool, restaurants and shopping are all top notch. What impressed us were the special touches. Cast members around the resort are happy to share stories and artifacts with an African theme. Our children especially enjoyed playing a traditional game with one cast member. Of course the animals are the big draw here and they did not disappoint. There was a variety of animals outside our room balcony most anytime we looked (though my son commented the giraffes don’t stick their heads right into the window like a commercial shows, for which I was glad!). Our room was fairly spacious, had recently been renovated and was nicely appointed. The double sinks separate from the rest of the bathroom was very convenient and the hard floors without carpet was appreciated. We really liked that the resort is off to itself away from the busyness of other parts of Disney World, it felt like we were able to relax and enjoy the hotel more than at other resorts. You do need to plan for more transportation time to the parks, except for Animal Kingdom, but the trade off was well worth it for us. We hope to return again soon!

Date of stay: November 2019
10  Thank KYJman
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I'm so happy you were able to join us for a wild stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge! It sounds like you had the perfect visit, from start to finish. I'm so glad to hear you had wonderful interactions with our Cast Members around the Resort. We always strive to provide magical experiences and it sounds like this is exactly what they delivered. As you mentioned, the stars of this Resort are the beautiful animals that roam right outside of our Guest's balconies. Whether you're spotting giraffes and zebras from your room or grabbing a delicious bite to eat at The Mara, you're sure to have an adventure you'll always remember!

Thanks for going exploring with us. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Nina
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for my 40th birthday celebration over Thanksgiving break and it was simply wonderful! The resort was beautiful, decorated for Christmas. Lots of activities going on and so many things to see and do. We had a standard view room but saw lots of animals day and night at their feeding plots. My kids loved it and so did we. The room was gorgeous and remodeled. We would love to stay here again as we come to Disney every other year or so.

Date of stay: November 2019
4  Thank jsappington

I think your photos perfectly sum up the best part of staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge: the view! There is truly nothing better than waking up, grabbing a warm cup of coffee, and sitting on your balcony to watch these amazing animals roam. I love stopping by the Front Desk to pick up an animal spotting guide and then seeing how many I can locate through my stay. You should try it next time!

Thanks for stopping by! We'll see you next time for another wild adventure.

Addie