7,583 results
All reviewssavannah viewjambo houseanimal kingdomkidani villagesavannah roomnight vision gogglesafrican themewatching the animalssavanna view roomboma restaurantthe buszebra trailafrican animalslove animalsbunk bedsbooked a standard roomthe quick service restaurant
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I normally would rate Animal Kingdom Lodge Excellent. This was the first time I knocked it down a peg. We are DVC members here and love staying at Jambo House. We were able to check in online, and were able to directly use our magic bands to enter the room. Everything seemed perfect. We put our carry on luggage in the room, changed and went to the pool for a bit. After swimming, we showered, changed, and headed to Disney Springs for diner. Our luggage arrived and we were ready to shower again, and get ready for bed. My daughter noticed some marking on the bed linens. Upon closer inspection, there were blood stains on the linens. We called the front desk, and they said will put in a request, and someone will come contact us soon. They "claimed" to make a note of it. I opened the pull out sofa, and to my surprise, there were crumbs all over the linens. I called back, and stated, now there are crumbs all over the sofa pull out. The second attendant apologized, said they put in a "note" and assured my kids they would get hotel credits. House keeping came up and they took care of the sheets. The manager of house keeping called to make sure and also said they would note the accounts.
Next day, after breakfast, I walked to the front desk because my daughter and son asked about the credits. The front desk said they have no notes on our issue, but "claimed" they would also take care of this. We go back to our room, and 5 minutes later, someone knocked and said, "You requested linen change?"
At that point, I called the front desk and spoke to a manager. I spoke to Megan and explained to her everything that transpired. At this point, she apologized, provided 200 in credit to our room, and multiple fast passes for each day at the park. At this point, I felt that it was fair, however, I still had a bit of trouble sleeping each night.
We truly love Disney, and the survey the provided, I made mention of everything that transpired.

Room Tip: Check your bed linens
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Reggie M
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your arrival experience at Jambo House. We take pride in providing each and every Guest with a clean place to get a good night’s rest and it’s dismaying to learn after multiple attempts to have items addressed, they were still not handled as assured. We absolutely never want anything to go wrong, but unfortunately sometimes things get overlooked. When this happens, our Cast Members are expected to jump to action and assist in any way possible, and I’m sorry this didn’t happen in a timely manner.

I’m glad to see that Megan was able to be a ray of sunshine and add the magic back into your arrival. I’ll be sure to tell her Leaders how she went above and beyond to turn everything around for you.

As a DVC member and Disney lover, we look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you home, wherever you choose to stay.

Brittany
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My children loved this hotel. We loved it just as much as they did. We had an amazing view of the animals. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The beds were super comfy. We got a good package deal in November. I would return in a heart beat

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank simonlebel

Disney Warning!!
The valet at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge is not part of Disney so when they steal $500.00 from your car Disney is not responsible and the third party vendor is also not responsible because it says on your ticket not to leave anything of value in your car. The manager at the valet desk which is in the Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge building but apparently not part of Disney assured me that they would take care of it and they had the names of everyone that parked my car. He failed to mention that once I have checked and left that there is nothing they could do, that was a little surprise I found out today after finally getting through to a live person. So no matter how many tired kids you have if you can't gather all your valuables up and take them with you DO NOT VALET PARK at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Yvonne H
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I haven't been to Disney World in over twenty years. They were already talking about their "new" theme park back then and when I heard there were going to be accommodations where you could see the animals from your room, I knew I had to stay there one day so my expectations were high. I definitely wanted the Savannah View but because I'm cheap, I split our four night stay into two bookings, first two nights without the view and then the last two nights with it.

In my opinion, with the way we travel, the Savannah view is not worth the price difference at all. Firstly, with this type of vacation, we are hardly in the room. We leave first thing in the morning and do not return to the room until late afternoon. After a quick change, we immediately head to the pool. When we get back, we shower and rest for a short time before heading out to supper and a last shot at the parks before closing time. This is really the only time we have to sit on our balcony and enjoy the view. I guess my expectations were too high and maybe we just got unlucky, but although we could see a few giraffes and gazelles, none of them came within 50 ft of our room.

As for the rest of the hotel, it was nice but I'm not sure if I would really call it "deluxe." It has all the basics with several on site restaurants and a decent pool, but the room was really just satisfactory. Honestly, nothing wowed us. Given the price we paid, I expect to be wowed. The only thing that did happened was on the last day. My wife was sick and stayed in the lobby after check-out waiting for us. A nice man from Botswana came over and spoke to her at length about himself and his country. Definitely only at Disney!

I'm still glad we stayed there because it was on my bucket list, but I definitely would just stay somewhere else the next time I visit twenty years from now!

Stayed: March 2018
5  Thank Warren W
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

I’m delighted you got a chance to check a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge off your bucket list and appreciate you taking a moment to tell us all about it. I actually used to work at this Resort, and quickly fell in love with the rich culture it features. So honestly, it’s no surprise that the Cast Member from Botswana spent some time sharing the love for their country with your wife, and I sure hope it helped her to feel better.

I’m sorry that you didn’t quite like the rooms as much as the ambiance. While I totally understand the allure of the Savanna View Rooms is the ability to see the animals directly from your balcony, we still want to make sure that we are providing a safe environment for our Guests, Cast, and animals alike. After all, even though they are so cute to look at, they are still wild animals.

Thanks again for the review. I hope we get to see you again real soon, or maybe even in 20 years.

Brittany
Disney Social Reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Loved it here. Did one week here and one at Hard Rock Universal. Wanted a bit of Disney magic the first week and this place was perfect. Loved the Disney Dining Plan and refillable cups. Staff were fantastic. The location was great and we loved the feel of the hotel's African theme. Room was great and we had the Savanna view so we loved watching the animals strolling passed our balcony!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family