“Great oysters, large portions...”

Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 4,215 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 25 - USD 80
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Doctor Phillips
Cross street: Della Drive
Description: Big Fin was named Restuarant of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 by Expedia Local Experts and also Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards). Big Fin is one of the only locally onwed and operated restaurants of it's size. Global Fresh Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!
Reviewed 13 November 2017

They have a great selection of oysters normally. But the last 2 visits, they had only 3 different ones. Maybe slow season? I like it when they have 6 different oysters and we always take the oyster platter with all 6 kinds... Large portions of food / dessert for the rest, and of good quality...

BigFinSeafood, Director of Sales at Big Fin Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanks for the review- you are correct- because we are very selective of the fresh oysters we choose, there have been times when there are only 3 or 4 to select from- normally, there is a much larger selection- hope to see you again soon! Phil Palumbo- Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This is a restaurant where you can entertain, get quality food, have a group or private table. The food was excellent and the group we had was large. We were not the hosts though the food was great! Our table of 8 all had some form of sea food. The next table has a combo of filet mingon and seafood. The food and all was wonderful.

Keep up those kind of reviews and you will have my job! Thanks for the compliments and hope to see you again soon- Phil Palumbo- Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Try the potato chips. Freshly made, Parmesan cheese and a light truffle oil. Cioppino was ok, lacked spices and flavor that makes Cioppino great. Plenty of seafood and fish though so it was still very good. Mo was an excellent server.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The location of Big Fin in a fairly conventional retail development gives no clue to what was in store for dining. I was persuaded to start with the Lobster Mac n Cheese and glad I was. This is clearly a signature dish as it arrived in a traditional square salver and one suspected there were lots of theses salvers used everyday! It was crammed with lobster and lardons which was delicious. My main was an equally delicious and beautifully presented Ahi Tuna. Service was a great balance between attentiveness and informality. My only gripe - my main arrived before I’d finished savouring the starter, rather than quietly taken back it was parked on my table. Team -that was the only hiccup in an otherwise excellent meal.

1  Thank Firejdb
BigFinSeafood, Director of Sales at Big Fin Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you for the review- We appreciate the suggestion and will do better next time. I hope you return again soon. Phil Palumbo - Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful! Our waiter Harry, the outdoor bar seating and THE FOOD!!
We started with drinks and raw oysters which we devoured. We also had some of their fresh chips. I ordered the Cioppino and I was not disappointed. I’d order it again. My husband ordered the Cajun shrimp and scallops and he said it was really good which is quite a compliment. We had our granddaughter with who ordered the mac and cheese which was homemade and I had a few bites as well.
For dessert we shared a piece of key lime pie and truly enjoyed that as well.
I wish we could go back again before we head back home but I doubt we will have time. A definite stop the next trip!