“Not like it used to be...”
Review of Sanaa

Sanaa
Ranked #83 of 4,275 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 1 - USD 36
Cuisines: African
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not at all what we remember from our previous visit. Yes, the setting is lovely but the food is no longer any good, especially the childrens meals. Ordered butter chicken and there was only two pieces of chicken, rice was cool and already hardened, green beans hard and cold. Adult meals were meh, $100 later and we all left feeling hungry. Wait staff had an attitude. When we complained about the kids meals she didn't offer to comp us but instead brought out a bowl full of chicken...which we didn't want at the end of the meal.

3  Thank holahannah
Write a ReviewReviews (2,375)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had dinner at Sanaa a few days ago. We had great drinks to start (the mango margaritas were really good!) We ordered the bread service with the 9 sauces and it was delicious. Great presentation all different kind of naan breads and all sauces are so good. Totally recommend ordering this for the table. I then had the butter chicken with aloof and basmati rice, my dad ordered the lamb shank, my husband and mom also went with the butter chicken. The kids had cheese pizza (on naan) which they enjoyed. We could see the animals walking around from the window and then walked to the deck to see them for a while. The service was great too. Definitely going back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I've never really had African food so I wasn't sure what to expect but I ended up having a excellent time. Our table ordered the naan bread for a appetizer which comes with 10 different dipping sauces. You just rip off a piece of bread and add whatever sauce you like on top of it. Its a really cool experience. For dinner I ordered the butter chicken as my main and paneer tikka to accompany it. I was a big fan of the butter chicken as it comes in a medium sized bowl with chunks of chicken and great sauce. The paneer tikka I thought was okay as I didn't like the sauce as much. Another cool thing is that after dinner was over we walked outside to look at the roaming animals. The animals roam in the areas between the buildings. This is a really neat place that everyone should visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lunch reservation (would recommend making a reservation as it was very busy). We had the full bread service (5 types of naan and 9 different dips/sauces). Well worth it as they all had unique flavors and we were able to share it with the 4 of us. Painted Lemur drink was like a high end Chocolate shake with a pleasant blend of alcohol. Mango margarita was tasty but really was more of a kolada style (fruit drink). Tandoori chicken was very good and flavorful with pickled onions and also served open face (sandwich). Kenya coffee barbecue sandwich almost seemed to have pork and braised beef. Flavorful with most of the barbecue sauce on the bun/bread. We also had three of the desserts and would recommend the African triple Mouse and highly recommend the spice trade candy bar. Although some of the ingredients seem odd they all work together. The Kenya coffee dessert was good but very little coffee flavor. Margaret did a great job of taking care of us as well (recommended the things that quite honestly we agreed after having hem were the best). Definitely worth it

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I made reservations to this restaurant because of the animals, but because I was so caught up with planning the entire trip I overlooked the time of our reservation. I made our reservation for a late dinner time without realizing it, and we missed out on seeing any animals while we dined.

The server was not the friendliest server, nor was she attentive the way I would have wanted her to be.

We started off with the breads and variety of sauces, 2-3 of them were good to me and the others I wasn't too fond of my partner enjoyed. If your a fan of bread and sauces I recommend you try this plate.

I should have looked at the menu before making this reservation because the entrees were either lamb and curry, and I am not a fan of either. To be completely honest I do not even remember the entrees we ordered, so with that being said it was not something beyond amazing.

If I come back to this place it will definitely be to watch the animals. Food wise there are better places around the resort.

Date of visit: January 2018