“Awesome”

Ranked #5 of 452 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Magic Kingdom was AMAZING!! My husband and I brought our 2 kids 10 yr old son and 3yr old daughter, it was my daughter 1st time visiting the park. She was so excited when we got there. After reading some reviews I decided to buy my daughter favorite princess dress (Belle) on Ebay it was so much cheaper $24 I bought her some gloves and did her hair and makeup. A size 5t dress at the park cost $64. So if you want save your money buy one online before you get to the park. From the time we step foot on the Ferry she was treated like a princess. It was amazing most MK employees were calling her princess and opening doors and bowing for her.

It was crowded but we took advantage of the FREE fast pass that MK offers and got to see and ride lots of different rides. We truly enjoyed our day. To all the moms the park allows you to take in SNACKS. I brought a book bag with snacks for the kids and 4 frozen water bottles. We snacked on that until lunch time after 2pm to try and avoid the long lines at the restaurants. Had chicken sandwiches in front of Space Mt....Finally my daughter got autographs from all the princesses Belle took time to show her how she dances with Beast and it was over all a MAGICAL experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (60,077)
All reviews
"fast pass"
in 3,370 reviews
"space mountain"
in 2,572 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 1,069 reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 1,425 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 1,161 reviews
"small world"
in 1,305 reviews
"seven dwarfs mine train"
in 519 reviews
in 396 reviews
"crystal palace"
in 362 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Fantasyland has some walls up for construction of the new attractions coming, but it didn't both us too much. Make food reservations in advance.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Really enjoyed the Magic Kingdom, just did not have enough time. To really enjoy it and go on all the rides you need to visit it more than just one day.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Disney is great for all ages and we all enjoyed ourselves a lot. I like the way they let you get free express passes at some rides by letting you put your ticket in the machine and it prints out a time to come back. This came in very handy on Space Mountain which was busy up till closing time! Tips: eat at off times and ride the rides while many are eating. Hit the rides while people flock to the parades and shows, use the express passes when you can. I think you can get one per ticket, but only once during a two hour period? Anyway, if some of your group don't want to do that ride, the others can do it twice.
The Pirates of the Caribbean broke down while we were on it and everyone had to be evacuated. I think we were stuck for about a half hour. We thought the ride operators could have talked to us more about what was going on and maybe been more friendly. Perhaps they could have distracted us with some joviality and at the same time some reassurance that we were safe from harm. Instead they snapped at people not to take pictures. There wasn't much of an apology for our inconvenience, but at least they gave us free express passes for one ride. overall we had a great time at Disney that day after this rocky start.
We liked eating at the Harbor restaurant in liberty square. It had healthy options, like a broccoli salad, hummus sandwich, seafood, yogurt and fruit sides with the kids macaroni and cheese. What a nice change from Disney's usual fare of chicken, burgers and fries!