“Would definitely stay here again!”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #49 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 3/25-3/28 while we went to Disney World. My family has stayed at many Marriot properties, and I have to say this is one of the best I have been to! The hotel has a sort of sea theme to it (which makes sense since it's right by Seaworld). The lobby was nice and spacious, there was plenty of seating for the free breakfast in the morning. There was also an internet cafe, concierge desk, and it even had it's own Starbucks! The front desk was very welcoming (make sure to grab some Chupa Chup lollipops in the bowl by the desk by the way, they're good!).
The room itself I thought was very nice. It also had a sea theme to it (lots of blues and greens). When you walked in, there was a sitting area with a couch that made out to a bed, as well as a small fridge and microwave off to the side. A desk and some frosted glass separated this area from the two beds on the other side. The other part of the room included the two beds, a dresser, flat screen tv, spacious closet, and two bathrooms! Although the two bathrooms weren't both full bathrooms (one was larger and had a shower and large vanity, the other was smaller and just included a toilet and small vanity) I thought it was great. Both bathrooms were separated by a sliding frosted glass door as well. It made it easier in the mornings to get ready with two bathrooms since we had three people staying in the room.
Free breakfast was great in the mornings! There were lots of pastries, breads, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon sometimes, and cereals. They had waffle makers, and even this quaker machine that made oatmeal. It was all the typical breakfast-y types of stuff, and I really couldn't say anything bad about it.
They had a pool area that we never visited, but it seemed good! There was a bar there I believe where you could get snacks and drinks. I'm sure younger kids and adults would both enjoy this.
I don't think we had any problems with the service. Everyone who worked there that we talked to seemed kind and friendly. The maids were outstanding! The rooms were always nice and clean, and we always got the extra towels we needed. One day our maid even made us a towel swan! The only thing I can sort of complain about in that area is that we went back to our room one day around 4:00 and the maid was still in the room cleaning, but I do understand that they have many rooms to clean in such a short amount of time, and it was really no big deal.
Also, the drive for us to Disney was not bad at all. It really only took a good 5-10 minutes to actually get to the parks, so don't put this hotel out of the running for you just because it's a little farther away. And if you're going to Seaworld, this would be an excellent choice considering how close it really is. If you enjoy staying in the nicer part of Orlando, this is definitely the hotel for you. There was a CVS and TGI Fridays very close to the hotel, so if you need anything or just need somewhere to eat, it is very convenient.
My only other complaint about our stay was that the beds were sort of uncomfortable. The pull out bed was apparently very springy, and the other two beds were not comfy in some areas. This wasn't such a big problem, and definitely doesn't affect whether we would come back or not, but I still think it's an issue.
All in all, we would stay here again in a heartbeat! It's great that we've found another Marriot hotel to be able to book at when we are in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank xamyx16

Reviewed 30 March 2012

If you like sleek, clean-lines, modern type of hotel furnishings, then this is the place for you. After staying at four different Marriott properties in the very touristy Orlando area, I have finally found a place that I like.

The rooms have a very modern feel, with light blues, greens, and browns. What I thought was especially clever, is that the commode is separate from the shower area. This is very helpful if you are travelling with a spouse or family. Each unit has a roomy closet, microwave, and a semi-separated desk area, separated from the sleeping space by a partion.

The word "suite" is used a bit liberally, however, as the sitting area is rather small. It is essentially longer than a traditional hotel room, but still one room divided by a smoked glass partition.

The pool area is very nice. The property shares a large, kidney shaped pool with its sister property, Fairfield Inn & Suites. There is also a whirlpool and "tiki-type" snack bar poolside. The exercise room is also shared, but was always vacant in the evenings. The exercise room was suprisingly crowded in the mornings, however.

Breakfast was a little generic from a food perspective (but hey, its free!), and the breakfast area feels a bit crowded. It has an odd layout.

The location of the property is very close to the Sea World parks and the hotel offers free transportation to said parks. There are several retail and restaurants very close by and a large Publix grocery store about 1/4 mile away. (There are sidewalks).

My (very minor) complaints are that the elevators are slow, and on both my trips, one was always out of order, and the walls are a little bit thin. Of course, when your hotel is in a tourist area, there are alot of kids slamming doors and running down the halls. This happens pretty much anywhere in a resort area.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to business travellers, and families with 4 or fewer in the room. I think it would be a bit crowded for a family with higher numbers.

Overall, I was very pleased with this property and would recommend it to both busin

Room Tip: Room 1604 is next to a storage closet on one side which would reduce the amount of noise!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank TexasTraveller562
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel, but would come back again. The room was very comfortable. I liked that the shower and lavatory were separate, so that two people could use them at the same time if need be. The hotel pool was great! There was a Seaworld theme to it, which my daughter loved. There was also a poolside bar and grill that seemed to be quite popular. We didn't order anything from there, but the prices didn't look over-inflated. The service at the hotel was great. They called after we were checked in to see if our room was OK or if we needed anything. I asked for more towels and they delivered them quickly. Free breakfast in the morning was pretty typical of this type of hotel, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc. The biggest perk for this hotel is if you are plannin on going to Seaworld. You can get tickets here and get a free "quick queue" bracelet, which gets you to the head of the line on selected rides. You can also take a shuttle over to avoid parking fees. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Monique U
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Started off by calling the hotel for directions from Hollywood Studios. We were told to take I-4 west when it was actually east. Once we realized that the exit numbers were decreasing we took the first exit we could to turn around which was a huge mistake. It took us miles down the road before an exit was available, conveniently a toll road, to turn around. We called the hotel back and was told that depending how we left the theme park it could've been west. East is east! Once we finally reached the hotel I attempted to check in paying cash. Whenever you use a debit card they will place a 5-10 day hold for incidentals and I wanted to avoid that. I spoke to a clerk the day prior and was told that incidentals were "complimentary" which was confusing so I went ahead and took enough cash to cover it just in case. That's when Otis told me that I could not pay cash for the incidentals and they had to have the credit card. I explained to him that I had just left a Fairfield Inn and had no problem putting cash down on the room. He then explained that the Fairfield I stayed in was a franchise and not a real Marriott property, he also stated that they did not keep cash that late at night (11pm). At this point I was in no mood to argue and just wanted to get to my room. After checking in and taking a shower I proceeded to get into bed when I pulled down the sheets and found dirt and hair. I called front desk to inform them of this and was told that there was no one who could change the sheets and I could change rooms. Really had no choice at that point, so I re packed everything to move to a double room from the king I was hoping for. Once again I pull down the sheets to find more hair. Wanting nothing more than to check out and go elsewhere I call the reservation line to find another hotel. It's now after midnight so I would have to pay Friday rates and no guarantee I could check in at that time. So I call back to front desk and ask for new sheets to change the bed myself. After going through the first set because of more hair I finally found cleans ones. At 2 in the morning I'm finally settled into bed. Come 10 am I'm awoken to housekeeping entering my room even though I'm checking out that day. I call down to front desk and they reply that they will let the supervisor know. At this point I'm awake and ready to get out of there, I proceed to ask for the manager at check out when I'm told that she is in a meeting and I could speak to a supervisor, fine. Unfortunately the supervisor is not able to come speak to me and I must go next door to the Fairfield Inn to speak to him there. I explain to him everything that happened and he said he would pass it on, I specifically asked for the manager to call me. After three hours go by I attempt to call her to no avail. I left a voicemail on her direct line and have yet to hear back 4 days later. I'm not seeing the charge on my account so I am assuming they refunded the money but I'm not sure because no one has called or even sent an email recognizing the issues. This is the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. I will never again stay at this property.

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dani322
H M, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments on Trip Advisor brought to our attention areas for necessary improvement. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, and we will make every effort to prevent a recurrence.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed Mar 23-25 for a little getaway. Have stayed at the Fairfield and now this hotel and both are fantastic. From the FD to Housekeeping to the breakfast girl to the barista at the Starbucks everyone was super nice! My kids love the pool and we enjoyed the Splash Grill (bar food plus adult beverages). Walking distance to CVS and a TGIFridays and directly across the street from SeaWorld. Room was spacious enough for two adults and 3 kids under the age of 12. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2012