5,093 results
All reviews bull and bear peacock alley hilton pool adjoining hilton peacock lounge nespresso machine deluxe suite disney view disney parks room service la luce turn down service lazy river beautiful hotel luxury hotel in room dining bonnet creek
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I'm definitely a fan. I recently went to Orlando for a conference and refused to stay at the awful Disney hotel where the conference was taking place. My husband and I ended up at the Waldorf after a lot of online searching and I'm glad we did. I spent way too much time at this hotel after getting food poisoning at the Disney hotel (avoid eating at the Swan and Dolphin).

I loved the entrance to this hotel. People are very inviting. The entrance is beautiful and grand without being over the top. The view from the lobby level is spectacular out over the pool and into the greenery behind the property. I loved the setting of this hotel. You aren't sandwiched in between a lot of other hotels. When we arrived, we were greeted by bottled water and a very quick check in process.

The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge. My old issue with the room was that the bed was a bit unlevel and I ended up with one night where I felt like I was going to roll off the bed all night. The ladies who cleaned our room (I saw them often as I was sick and spent too much time at the hotel) were fantastic and friendly.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is directly next door and connected by a conference center. Guests at one hotel can use the restaurants and pools at either hotel. We spent one lovely morning and afternoon at the lazy river at the Hilton. The Hilton's pool is very family friendly and crawling with kids, but as two adults we loved the lazy river. We also liked the poolside service of food and drinks. The pool at the Waldorf is lovely but much more quiet in comparison. I thought it was a great touch that you can purchase S'Mores packs for your family and make roast marshmallows over the fire pits by the pool. Great idea!

In the evening, you can see the fireworks from both Epcot (closer) and the Magic Kingdom (a little father away). Request a high level to get a good view.

There is a free coach bus that drops you off at the Disney parks throughout the day and also returns you to your hotel in the evening. This hotel is only a 5-10 minutes drive to all the Disney parks.

We got the room for $159 a night, which was a fantastic deal. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you had such a fantastic time at our property! We hope to host you again soon for a Leisure visit!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

The Waldorf is a great hotel and our favorite destination in Orlando. Every staff member is pleasant and dedicated to making guests feel welcome and important, The food is off the charts great, the lobby lounge and Sir Harry's are both wonderful relaxing venues and La Luce is one of the best Italian Restaurants in North America. The pool area is wonderful and the hamburgers from the poolside restaurant should not be missed. The total package adds up to an outstanding value for a premium experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ken505
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy so many of our complex amenities during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Fabulous hotel with excellent service, by the end of our two week stay the staff were like old friends they even paid for a taxi when we missed the shuttle bus to Disney's Magic Kingdom by seconds, allowing us to arrive on time for a very special family occasion.

Jose M was a firm favourite, he was always there with a warm welcome and happy to help, even when my sister became ill on the day we were leaving he did everything he could to make her as comfortable as possible until our car arrived for the airport.

Make sure you visit the Bull and Bear.........best steak EVER

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are ecstatic to hear one of our Team Members made such an impact during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

i loved this place... the rooms are gorgeous! loved the little shops and eating spots on the property... had a upgraded room as a hilton honors diamond member .... had chocolates on my pillow every night ...... four nights of luxury :) ... the poolside is nice ...and you can even go to the hilton next door which is connected to enjoy that property as well.... a wonderful live jazz band was playing in the lobby on the weekend ....the view of the golf corse was simply beautiful and peaceful...... looking forward to going again anytime that i am in the area! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bmiracle

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic to hear you had such an amazing time on our property! We hope to host you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2013

1. One of the light bulbs burned out in the bathroom (before I checked in). Of course, no one noticed it! Since it was early in the morning before my meeting, I called customer care and asked them to replace it when they cleaned the room. When I returned to the room that evening, the bulb was NOT replaced.
2. One of the slippers in the room had a hole in it. It was pretty obvious there was a hole. But again, no one noticed?!

Other comments:
Location: the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. In order to get out of the hotel to go somewhere, you can rent a car, take a taxi or try a cheaper route. Depending on where you want to go of course. If say, you want to go to International Drive (with all the restaurants and cheap souvenirs places are), take a free bus from the hotel to Disney World (go to the concierge for a schedule), then take a cab to the Premier Outlet (the smaller of the two outlets). There, you can purchase a pass to take a trolley that travels on International Drive. Or pay $1.50 per trip. When you take a cab to go from the Outlet to the bus stop (where the hotel drops you off and picks you up at), make sure you tell the cab driver that you're going to Circus de Solei). The pick up area is right next to it. I made a mistake of not knowing this info. ahead of time and ended up spending twice the cab fare (to go straight to the hotel as I didn't want to wait another 2 hours for the next pick up).
Drink: If you like to have a soda, you might want to consider buying one (or a couple) when you're in town because the ones they sold at the gift shop cost $5.00 each (and the size is small). There's also no vending machine anywhere in the hotel.
Helpful staff at the bell desk: The people at the bell desk were all very helpful in assisting me to figure things out.
Shampoo, conditioner...: I had less than half a small bottle of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel left and no new ones were stocked.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank OregonTraveler9999
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. One of the cornerstones of our hotel experience is flawless service, and I assure you that the inconsistencies you mentioned with housekeeping and maintenance have been addressed accordingly. I'm also sharing your feedback about amenity costs with our team so we can reevaluate amenity offerings. I've also personally thanked our front office staff for the hospitality and hope you will give our hotel a second chance to show you our luxury service through and through.