5,056 results
All reviews bull and bear peacock alley hilton pool adjoining hilton peacock lounge deluxe suite disney view disney parks room service la luce turn down service lazy river beautiful hotel luxury hotel in room dining bonnet creek pool staff
Reviewed 11 February 2012

this place is class in name only. Food and beverage staff are horrible and the hotel general manager will not even respond to complaints. Bills are inaccurate and they try and hide charges everywhere. Would never stay at this below average place and certainly would warn anyone planning an event here to go next door to the Wyndham where you will be taken care of.

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank rob s
WA_Orlando, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

I am disheartened to hear that you experienced challenges during your stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the specific details so we can learn and improve. If you have a moment please email me at ORLBC-GUEST.SERVICES@WALDORFASTORIA.COM. We are proud of the level of service we provide, but disappointed that we missed the mark during your vacation. We hope to earn the opportunity of a return visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I travel at least seven or eight times in the year. Usually I am fortunate enough to stay at some pretty nice locations. I can say that this hotel is the nicest hotel that I have stayed at in recent memory.

Everything from the lobby to the room to the landscape of the property was perfect. Can not think of one negative thing to say.

Loved the Waldorf!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank theh413
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I honeymoond to Walt Disney World. We decided because it was our Honeymoon to stay at the Waldorf all week. While it is a beautiful hotel the service was a little much. Everyone was soo nice, but I guess you are paying for the ambience. We don't mind opening our own door etc. But I guess when you go somewhere like that it's nice to be treated like royalty. There are a lot of good things about the Waldorf. They have a bus that they share with the Hilton (which we'll prob. stay at next time.) that takes you to Downtown Disney, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom. The room service is great and the rooms are lovely. You can tell that a lot of the times the staff isn't treated with the upmost respect from the guests. We probably wouldn't stay again but it's a nice place to stay for a special occassion.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scgurl185
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The Waldorf Astoria in Orlando is a very good hotel. The front desk staff during the day are very nice. Late at night, the front desk staff is so so. I paid $500/night for a king suite. In the future, I would choose a king room for $300. Even though I booked thought Amex platinum, I did not receive an upgrade. I got a room on the third floor overlooking the roof. The interior was very nice. The room had 2 plasma tvs and the bathroom was large. The bar, peacock alley had excellent servers and a very nice atmosphere. Breakfast at Oscar's was so so. The hostesses are very kind. Jose was our waiter the first day. He was the best employee at the hotel. He engages you in intelligent conversation and remembers your name the next day. The server the next day was slow and subpar. His "my pleasure" sounded so fake. The carpet and furniture at Oscar's was garrish. It looked like a crummy Hilton. A lot of the other wait staff and omelette chefs were space cadets.

Overall, we had a good stay, but not worth $500/night. They have attentive staff, but still not worthy of 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank drhealth22102
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We travel extensively and usually stay in a Ritz Carlton or a Four Season's facility. We were very concerned that this property would not come up to that standard. Were we wrong. From the beginning the employees at this property actually could read our mind on what we wanted. We could find nothing wrong. The restaurants were excellent and service was above and beyond. We were there on business/fun and they fulfilled every need. They are connected to the Hilton so you have both properties to use. We traveled on their buses to the Disney properties and it was so easy. Even the bus drivers were obliging to our needs. Let me mention the food again. The Bull and Bear Restaurant was excellent. We ate there three times. We have our own airplanes and when we left a bag in the room they delivered it to our airport at no charge. We are now booking a weekend at one of their facilities in New Orleans based on our stay at Orlando. The bellman Mick is quality. Ryan at the pool bar ended up being a friend. I am ready to head back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business