5,012 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyhilton pooladjoining hiltonpeacock loungedeluxe suitedisney viewdisney parksroom servicela luceturn down servicelazy riverbeautiful hotelluxury hotelin room diningbonnet creekpool staff
Reviewed 13 June 2011

As a Christmas gift, I took my family to Orlando for Christmas, and used Hilton Honors points for a three night stay at this new, beautiful, richly appointed hotel. I have to say that I was properly awed by everything in the place, because this hotel is opulent. It was all I could do to not stare at things like some sort of bumpkin... and this is where the trouble starts for me.

The staff was courteous, even solicitous. The lobby was gorgeous. The pool area was great (although it was very cold when we were there, and did not use it). The room was small, but very nice, and we had an incredible view of the Disney parks and could see the fireworks with an unobstructed view. The bathroom was nicely appointed, an well-marbled.

I hated it.

I didn't hate it because of anything about the hotel (although my wife hated the bed), I hated the mandatory valet parking. I mean, I can park my own car, please & thank you. I hated it because I am a blue-collar worker (I'm a policeman), and I associate that kind of luxury with the enemies of my class. Anyway, if you are the sort of person who likes being pampered, or if you like to have people suck up to you in truly emarrasing ways, and you really like high living, you will probably love it there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Gunfighter55
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is certainly one of my best hotel stays. The hotel is classy, trendy, spotless and at times simply perfect. The pool area is clean and offers superb service from the pool attendants. The rooms are great and comfortable. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to Disney Parks. The bus is never full and is ALWAYS on time.

The only minor complaint was that they had a convention at one point and did not inform the guests. This left possibly 10 recliners for the whole hotel to use just because some high tech businessmen had to party. The concierge had a "deer in a headlights" look when we asked about the matter.

But the bottom line is: if you are looking for great service in a classy, clean, near perfection hotel - this is it. Will definitely stay here again if I want to shell out another few hundred dollar to hang out with Mickey and friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank azazello04
WA_Orlando, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2011

"Perfection" what an outstanding word, and we are flattered you describe your vacation this way. Our team works hard to create lifelong memories - we are honored to have been part of your vacation.

Thank you for sharing this memory with everyone. We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

The Waldorf Orlando is an elegant hotel and a much needed entrant to the Disney hotel scene. From the moment you arrive to a bright and airy lobby you feel enveloped in a luxury cocoon. The property is visually appealing and in outstanding condition making in all the more inviting.

Things we loved:
1. The staff are extremely friendly and always greet you.
2. The suite we had was impeccable with a huge bathroom, kitchenette, dining tables and seating area.
3. The soundproofing was good.
4. The shower was huge.
5. Breakfast at Oscar's had a great selection and was available until noon.
6. La Luce restaurant at the Hilton is top notch.
7. The bedding was over the top (though we had an issue)
8. The location makes it easy to go places.
9. Poolside prices are fair.
10. Nothing appears chipped, beat up or run down.
11. The gym is awesome
12. Service is generally good.

Some areas for improvement:
1. There are not enough pool umbrellas and they do not move.
2. Getting towels by the pool is agonizing as a staff member must fetch them and they are never around ( 3 days we had this issue)
3. Housekeeping struggles to be consistent in that we missed 1 turn down service and towels were provide sporadically.
4. The pillow top down mattress can sting you in that down feathers poke you.

A few issues aside the hotel is well managed with gracious service and nice environs. Definitely on my list in Orlando and I recommend them.

Room Tip: They are all good. Entry level suite is awesome
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyOneWorld

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for lettng everyone know about your great vacation. Our leadership team has reviewed the comments and we are pleased that you had a wonderful stay. We have also made note of the areas that could have been better, the feedback is always appreciated and will help us grow.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Astoria and we a certain the next visit will be even better than the first.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

My family and I just came back from Orlando after spending a few days on this property. We always stayed at the Ritz but I thought why not gave this hotel a try given the rave reviews in here. At the end, I was quite disappointed from the moment I arrived till departure.

First, when we arrived, there were no bell services so I had to carry my two large luggages to my room so that was interesting. It was never offered to us.

Second, when we entered the room, I realized that there were no drinks or snacks available in the fridge. Empty! When I called the operator, the lady told me thats the way it was there and gave me an attitude. She said that I needed to call room service to get these things ordered. Honestly, I was tired and didn't want to call and wait for another 20 minutes for someone to deliver a beer to my room. My mood was already gone!

Third, House-keeping forgot to make our room the first day so we needed to launch a complain to the front desk in late afternoon. Luckily, the lady at the front desk was very professional and took care of the matters.

Forth, after a long hot day in the WDW, my daughter wanted to take a bath but found hair and other dirty stuffs in the bath tub.

Fifth, the choices of cuisine in the property's restaurants (excluding Hilton) and the hours of operations are very limited. If I wanted to have a late lunch at 2:40pm or a late night snack/ice cream at 11:45pm, I had to call room service.

Sixth, the valet was super slow in getting my car ready each day despite I called 20 minutes ahead. It doesnt really worth the $20 comparing with other 5-star neighbor hotels.

One employee told me that I need to ask for services so does it mean I need to ask for bell services, food to be delivered in advance, making the room, cleaning the bathroom nealy and getting my car faster?? Growing up in NYC, I know what the name Waldorf stands for so hopefully one day the services at WAO will live up to its brand.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. Our team works tirelessly to ensure each guest has a great stay and it is unfortunate that we missed this mark over your vacation.

We understand that first impressions are critical and we strive to ensure our valet, door greeters, bell team, and reception exceed expectations. We do not expect our guests to carry their luggage and I apologize that we missed this opportunity to properly welcome your family to the resort.

We appreciate your comments on the expectation of our food and beverage offerings. Guest suggestions help ensure we are continually improving what is offered.

We hope you will give the Waldorf Astoria Orlando a second visit so we may show your family the true Waldorf Astoria service standard.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed for two weeks over Easter and from check in to leaving we had one problem after the other. I spoke to zoltan the front desk manager who said he reported everything back to the hotel manager and I should receive an e mail within 24 hours and I'm still waiting! Not 5 star service in any way... Had too many problems to mention! We are going back to Orlando next year but we won't be staying at the waldorf!!

• Stayed: April 2011
9  Thank Awley0191

Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to read that your vacation did not meet your expectations. Our team strives to go beyond what is requested and I apologize that there were challenges that were not resolved. These comments are a great learning opportunity for us and I thank you for taking the time to comment.

This level of service is not what is to be expected at the Waldorf Astoria, and we hope you will consider us when in Orlando so we can showcase our genuine service levels.