New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Orlando for two nights in April. Our family enjoyed our time there in the pool, the lazy river, and on the basketball court.

Pros:
+Great pool area.
+Lazy river is nice.
+Three basketball hoop court (rims from about 5 to 8.5 high).
+Very clean.
+Staff was very friendly.

Cons:
-Try not to get run over in the executive lounge by people grabbing dinner of cold popcorn chicken and roasted vegetable tarts. It's not worth it.
-Lazy river requires work to keep moving down the river. You have no choice but to get sprayed, which could be a pro or con depending on the air temperature.
-People who feel like they need to have a great place for a newspaper and towel to sit for the morning have most of the good spots taken by nine. They roll in to keep their newspapers company around one. There were still loungers available around the back of the lazy river most of the time.
-Ice maker on our floor was broken for the duration of our stay. There was no indication it was ever going to be fixed.
-Make sure you keep a "heads up" when playing on the basketball court. Some people's kids think it's funny to throw stuff off the public balcony’s seventeen floors above. It's not.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kingmoonman
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
kingmoonman - Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. It seems that your overall experience was enjoyable but we are sadden to hear about some of the con's on your list. Our team is very responsive and if given the opportunity would have been able to assist you with many of your concerns. We are still very glad you stayed with us and hope you would consider returning in the future or recommending us to others.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nutley, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was at the Hilton Orlando for a business function. In fact, the conference was held at the Peabody but there were no available rooms by the time it was decided that my colleague and I were to go to the conference. Honestly, I am glad it worked out that way because the Hilton was a fabulous hotel. It was walking distance to the Peabody (although the brutal heat at times forced us to take a taxi). Had lunch at the poolside Tropics Bar & Grill the day I arrived and it was excellent, as was breakfast in the Bistro Bar (I had an amazing Mediterranean-style omelet) and dinner at what I believe is David's - though it appears the menu has changed. At the time it was heavily mediterranean-style and fabulous! The Marketplace had excellent snack and beverage options. I used the Business Center to have a package shipped to me. There was great seating in the lobby for working.

I honestly cannot say enough great things about this hotel. My only disappointment is that I didn't get to enjoy the pool, lazy river or waterslide during my stay! This is why I am planning a recreational trip back there ASAP.

Cons: the hot water took a long time to come up and I did have to complain twice about this

Room Tip: "Bring your appetite"
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanna S
vampdvine - We are so glad it worked out that you got to stay with us! We are happy to see you enjoyed our restaurants and found our wonderful place to be so comfortable. Can't wait to have you back for some rest & relaxation! Thank you for your comments and ratings.
Whitesboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family and I just returned home form a fantastic week at the Hilton Orlando on Destination Parkway. This hotel is beyond extraordinary, I cannot say enough about what a great experience we had. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and stay at hotels all over the US, so when I stay somewhere that makes an impression it sticks with me. I typically do not write reviews, but in this case I just had to tell everyone else about what a great experience we had here. This hotel is by far one of the nicest we have ever been to. The staff here is so friendly and helpful which made this hotel our number one on the list. We will 100% be returning guests. Even before I arrived I was so pleasantly surprised by how helpful the staff was. I had called the hotel before arrival to inquire about a bigger room upgrade since we were traveling with all the kids, I was helped by Sayara who went out of her way to set everything up before my arrival so that I didn’t have to worry about anything. Sayara was amazing and should be recognized for going above and beyond.

We stayed in the signature suite on the executive level with connecting queens and the suite was huge, beautifully decorated with a modern décor as was the connecting queen room. We have 4 kids, one with a wheelchair and there was more than enough room, the kids absolutely loved it. Our maid was very friendly and rooms were always spotless. We also had an awesome view of the pool which is amazing in itself! The pool area is exceptional, it has everything you need, a waterslide, lazy river, quiet pool and private cabanas. There is no need to leave the hotel since it has all the amenities you need. Kids also loved the basketball court with kiddie size basket. The hotel also offers golf, volleyball, pool tables, foosball and has fires each night where the kids roasted smores. On Easter Sunday they had a very well organized Easter egg hunt for the kids which we took advantage of. Like I said, this place is amazing!! Again, best hotel stay we have had for our family vacation. The front desk management (specifically Keith C, Vincent B, Jay S and Chris M) are absolutely fantastic, they went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. They are all so eager to please, they deserve a million kudos!! We appreciated their kindness and service with a smile!! Always checking on us to make sure we are enjoying our stay and doing anything they could to make it even better. Excellent service from all of them!!

We were by the pool most days and took full advantage of the Tropics bar/restaurant. The service was great, the one stand out waiter was named Chris B, he is super friendly and was great with the kids, cannot say enough about him. On my son’s birthday he had a cake made for him and brought it to us poolside as a surprise! We were so appreciative and he did this all on his own, all we could say is wow!! Since I am a diamond member we also had access to the executive lounge on the 19th floor which we went to every day of our stay (several times a day). The breakfast was great, had many options to choose from, too many to list, this saved us a ton of money since we didn’t have to worry about buying breakfast every day for 6 people. At 5:00-7:00 every day they also have appetizers in the lounge and then dessert at 8:00, the food was very good and it was so convenient to be able to go to the lounge anytime during the day for water, soda etc. If you have a choice definitely upgrade to get access to the lounge. The staff in the lounge was always very pleasant. However, Mario in the lounge was beyond helpful and friendly to us! Somehow he also found out it was my son’s birthday and he brought him a gift basket filled with chips and candy and other snacks. He is so thoughtful and this was so unexpected which makes it even nicer! Both Chris and Mario deserve a raise, they both have such great customer service skills!! We made sure to let their management know that they were exceptional and should be recognized. We did not want to leave this hotel, and cannot wait to return again, do not even hesitate to stay here, you will not be disappointed I promise you that! Cannot even put into words how great the hotel and staff were for our stay!! Exceptional, exceptional, exceptional!! Amazing staff!!

Room Tip: get a pool view with access to the lounge, you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Carla B
Carla B - Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Great to hear you enjoyed our Easter festivities too! We greatly appreciate the recognition you provided to our specific team members. We will let them know how they impacted your stay. Wow!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Hilton was absolutely stunning, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The location was perfect, especially if you like the theme parks (very close to both sea world and aquatica and not far from the Disney parks)

The rooms were lovely (not overly spacious, but who spends much time in the room anyway?) The Hotel was pristine and spotlessly clean. Everything was very modern and luxurious. The facilities were very good (shops, breakfast etc..) And free wi-fi!!!!!!!!

Being in Orlando you probably won't spend much time at the Hotel but i found myself wanting to stay rather than going on days out. The pool area was amazing, I spent hours on the lazy river which was fab and looked beautiful at night as it was all lite up.

The food and drink at the poolside bar exceeded expectations (normally bar food is nothing special) They did great pizzas and cocktails.

I would most definitely stay at this Hotel again!!! I am already planning my next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Natasha D
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times and have yet to be disappointed with anything.

The lazy river is really enjoyable and there were a few hot tubs to chose from, which my boyfriend and I really enjoyed - come the quiet night time it seemed each couple had their own to privately enjoy.

This hilton has a few neat extras that others do not - The fire pits and basketball courts were a really cool surprise!

Room Tip: ask for a pool view on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveljunkie212
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
barbsab88 - Thank you for returning! We hope you are collecting Hilton Honors points. We appreciate your approval. See you again soon.