We elected to get a room near the airport after a late flight. We did have about a 20 minute wait after calling for the shuttle. The woman who picked us up was friendly and loaded our luggage promptly. We were assigned a high floor per our Hyatt profile. If you do not usually stay at Hyatts, it may be a concern that the vanity area is outside the bathroom and pretty much at the end of the beds. My husband deals with my hair dryer in the morning so it is not an issue for us. We had a maintenance issue with the lighting in our room and called the front desk. After about 25 minutes, called again and she apologized and said she had gotten busy. The issue wasn't fully fixed and she offered to move us. It is after midnight and we have unpacked just enough to not want to move. I suggested she just throw some points at us to compensate. She agreed but has not happened to date. Also, even though I know the tub was clean, it has a dingy old mat stain. We only shower but the tub did take away from a feeling of cleanliness in the tiny bathroom.
The breakfast area overflows into much of the lobby which is a good thing because there was apparently a soccer tournament in the area and the hotel was full of girls. Breakfast was the standard fare and nice to have available. The disposal system was kind of a mess. One garbage can inside a container with a small hole at the top. Not surprisingly, people who bothered to utilize it were not completely successful at getting leftovers disposed of without part of breakfast left on top. Yuck. Hot water was not hot enough for tea but there is a microwave available to solve that.
We were able to have a late checkout before the shuttle driver took my husband back to the airport to the car rental. Once again it was a friendly young woman.
Our experience was good enough that we chose to reserve a room again for the night before we flew out. Check in was a hassle because the key maker was not working. A staff member had to go to our room and let us in after about a 15 minute wait. I'm sure they got tired of this procedure as we were not the only ones trying to check in. Within the hour we received our room key. We checked out on a Monday and found the hotel to be very quiet. Nice to not have to jockey for position around the orange juice. Pillows were comfortable and we were able to cool the room nicely. This hotel worked well for us and I would recommend it for travelers in similar circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hyatt Place Orlando Airport, you’ll enjoy the comfort you deserve and the convenience you crave. Plus, you’ll be in the heart of the Orlando Airport corridor, 10 miles away from Lake Nona Medical City, and minutes away from Orlando’s world-class theme parks. As the closest Hyatt Place to Port Canaveral, book our Cruising to Port Canaveral package with arranged transportation to port or book our Park, Stay, and Fly package and receive up to seven days of complimentary parking. What You'll Love: Complimentary shuttle: Enjoy the convenience our airport shuttle available from 4am to 2am daily, and within a three-mile radius 24/7 dining: Start your day with free breakfast, then enjoy freshly prepared favorites on your time Inviting spacious rooms: with plush Hyatt Grand Beds™ and a Cozy Corner with sofa-sleeper Flexible meetings: Hosting an event is easy with 1586 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Orlando Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Orlando Airport/Northwest Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Amerisuites
- Hyatt Place Orlando Airport Florida