“Spacious and clean”

Hyatt Place Orlando Airport
Ranked #43 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Great value with spacious rooms and breakfast included. For an overnight or two at most, this property is perfect. We stayed overnight while waiting to board our cruise scheduled for the following day. We met friends there who booked with us and truly were happy with the hotel. Smaller and personal, the staff checks you in and literally can mix you a cocktail within 2 minutes. A complimentary shuttle takes you from the airport to the property and can bring you back if needed. It will also shuttle you to nearby restaurants - that are also within walking distance. The breakfast is included and quite tasty. The staff is both courteous and friendly, willing to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The front was very help and changed my room upon request. They answered my questions. Enjoyed the room. Large. Though the closet is small and bathroom a bit dated. But other than that very nice place to stay at for the night

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We actually moved -- with no notice -- an unaccepable property across the street and we were very impressed! We made the reservation via an 800 number and cell phone, and two minutes later when we walked through the door we were greeted by name. The room was exceptionally clean, the WiFi quick, and the room was quiet and well-appointed for the price range. The staff was exceptionally helpful, too. We were there for one night in transit, and would certainly stay again. (Probably not a destination hotel, but definitely great for transit and/or business in the area!)

Room Tip: Ask for what you'd like -- they are very accomodating!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights on two separate occasions this past winter. We liked it. The rooms are nice and big, perfect for if you are travelling in a group and will be getting together for drinks or whatever. The pool was heated just perfectly, and there was a clean and nice pool area as well. There is a free shuttle service that can take you to places close-by that are too far to walk. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that the food, both the breakfast (free) and their snack menu were just so-so, boring/bland ie: don't waste your money on the snack menu, head to TIG Friday's just down the street. The workout facilities were great, and they have Starbucks!!! We would stay here again because we felt very comfortable and well taken care of at this hotel.

Room Tip: We checked out several rooms because we were travelling with a big group and they all were fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I will say this the room/suite was great. It was clean, nicely decorated, and the bed was comfortable. Outside of that we have never seen a hotel lobby designed anything like this ever before. We walked in to check in and looked for the front desk. There was a bar to the left and a bartender serving customers. We were completely confused. Finally the bartender looked over and asked if we were checking in, we said yes we just needed the front desk. She informed us that we were standing in front of it and she would be with us in a moment. My partner and I looked at each other in disbelief. The bartender/front desk clerk came over and said I can do it here for you or you can use the self check in kioske. As you can imagine we had that same look to each other again. She walked away to serve another beer and we looked for the kioske. What an odd experience. I must say we were so put aside by this that we will never stay at any hotel that uses this format ever again. Hotel equals hospitality, there was none here. If I wanted to check in at the local bar I would have done it. Don't start thinking well this is European.......I don't care about Europe when I am traveling at home in America. I looked at my partner and said, "I admit it I am a little spoiled, I want the old style service we are accustomed to."
The shuttle to the airport the next morning was disorganized. We made it downstairs before anyone else and before we knew it a group came down, piled in and the driver looked and said, "I'll be back soon." To which I replied, " Then our luggage comes back off of the shuttle." The guests were rude what a twist for going to a hotel. It was just strange. I am not saying do not go here but if you are used to full service you will not be happy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple