Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Orlando
from USD 179.99
from USD 14.99
from USD 86.99
from USD 36.99
3,735 results
All reviews lazy rivers cabana bay water coaster drop slide virtual queuing trap door body slides rapid river universal app early access early admission water park in orlando great water park universal resort longest wait big rides roller coaster
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

You stay on resort. The park is themed wonderfully. Seating spread out throughout the park. However, think twice about spending money on the ticket if you are not staying at one of the resort hotels. We had 5 day 3 park, park to park tickets. We had planned to go to the water park in the afternoons however everyday of our stay the park was at capacity by noon. We were able to get two days in but only because we went straight to the water park when we arrived at city walk first thing in the morning. If you miss it ask to be added to the "waiting list", you might make it in that way. When we asked about why it was always at capacity by lunch everyday when the park could hold 6500 (park actually has more capacity but they set aside entry for their resort guests that may or may not be planning to go to the park), we were told that the hotel guest got preferential entry since they spent a lot of money to stay at the hotel to which I replied that "I spent $1600 on tickets that included the water park". If Universal wants their hotel guests to have a water park then don't sell tickets to the public. Be sure you read the extra fine print about paying for something you may or may not be able to use. Save your money and go to a disney water park if you can afford it. Don't hear of those getting full or setting aside entry for resort guests.

1  Thank ssgh2
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hello,
I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had at Volcano Bay. The number of Guests is controlled In order to provide the best experience for all of our Guests and ensure they are having a safe and fun time. I know how the large crowds can create an uncomfortable and frustrating experience, and I apologize that they also caused high wait times and long lines inside the park. I strongly encourage you to give our Guest Services team a call to talk about your visit some more. You can contact them at 407-224-4233 option 4 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you,
-Lissette

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is definitely one of the best parks you’ll visit in Orlando. The tap system for virtual line is a great way to make life easier, less stressful than the other parks. The rides are brilliant. One major problem is the entry system, we were over an hour and a half from time of parking till time we got into the park. Other than that it would get 5 stars.

1  Thank Micksum
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hello,
I'm thrilled to hear that you think it is one of the best parks here in Orlando. I am glad that the TapuTapu Virtual Line worked as intended and helped provide a relaxing experience. I am sorry to hear that it took you so long to get into the park. If you wish to discuss this further or provide any additional feedback, please feel free to call our Guest Services line at 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you for sharing your review of Volcano Bay, I hope you're able to come back for another visit soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I guess this is my fault as I purchased tickets for Volcano Bay two months ago, but the tickets I bought were not date specific and this was a BIG problem when attempting to go to this park during the busy Easter break week. Had I known I could buy date specific tickets, I absolutely would have bought them as I had every single day of our Florida holiday planned many months in advance.

I would suggest Management consider only selling date specific tickets for only for Volcano Bay park since it’s capacity is much lower than the other parks.

We arrived at the park after battling two hours of horrible traffic and arrived just ONE hour of opening time to see a sign that said “Park at Capacity” and then was turned away at the parking terminal.

One cannot comprehend the level of disappointment to have saved for a whole year for this holiday, fly 4000 kms to this area to be turned away followed by your 6 year old crying in the backseat....

I can appreciate that park capacity is capacity but management absolutely needs to address this issue for busy weeks like Easter Break.

I called customer service and after a fight I got my money back on my “non-refundable ticket”....they tried to coax us to experience their other parks. Uhm no thank you?! I am not dressed in park attire like clothes to enjoy. We were all dressed in nothing but swim suits, swim shirts, cover ups and flip flops. Not to mention the price difference of Volcano Bay vs two other Universal parks. I am still upset that I had to fight for my money back after our experience....

Horrible experience on vacation. Could be worse....but definitely the absolute lowest point of our whole holiday.

Point is...if you know your date and going during a busy week...buy the date specific tickets so you won’t be gutted with disappointment like we were today.

4  Thank LisaLuvsVacations

Hi Lisa,
I am truly sorry you were not able to experience Volcano Bay due to the park reaching capacity prior to your arrival. We have several methods for our Guests to check the current park status. You can view it on our official mobile app, on the park hours section on our website, and we even have a hotline you can call 407-817-8317 to get a current update. I apologize this was not properly conveyed to you ahead of time. I am glad that our Guest Services department was able to assist you, and if you wish to discuss your visit further please contact 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com. Thank you for sharing your review, I hope we get the opportunity to host you again in the futrue.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I believe this is a new park and, from my only trip there, it shows.

The waits for rides are far too long and you can only join one virtual queue at a time which effectively locks you out of lots of the others (many rides you can't "old school" queue for).

Trash bins need a lot more frequent cleaning

CLEARLY taken in too many people, not a spare sunbed ANYWHERE.

Stop being greedy.

Not coming back.

The wrist band payment system works well, but that's it.

3  Thank Stuart F

Hello Stuart,
I'm sorry to hear you did not have the experience you were expecting at Volcano Bay. The Virtual Line is meant to provide you with the ability to experience other aspects of the park, or just relax, instead of needing to physically stand in a line. It is disappointing that you were not whisked away to a tropical island paradise as we intended. We are a feedback based company and I want to assure you that I have documented your concerns regarding the wait times, trash bins, and available seating. I would like to hear about your experience in greater detail; please call 407-224-4233 option 4 or email GuestServices@universalorlando.com at your convenience. Thank you for your honest review, I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went on a family trip, my sons are in their 20s. They dragged mom along for the "ride". I was way out of my comfort zone but it was a lot of fun and I felt that the rides were safe, the staff attentive, and it was worth the price of admission. The electronic wrist band check in worked well, so you could do other things instead of waiting in line for your turn. It takes some time to get used to it. Floating down the lazy river was a lot of fun as there is a bit of a current and a lot of features along the way. It is definitely faster than the Disney typhoon lagoon. It provided however some great downtime in between the adrenaline charged slides.The slides are a lot more challenging and not for the faint of heart. I must've missed all the slides that were more relaxing. I would come back in a heartbeat. But be prepared to be scared!

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank Sigrid B
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello, Sigrid.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! I'm happy to read you and your sons had a good visit with us and enjoyed our attraction offerings and TapuTapu. I'm glad to read you enjoyed TeAwa Fearless River, as it is one of my personal favorite attractions. On your next visit, I'd recommend you check out the Mauk Puhii Round Raft Rides. They provide a combination of wet and wild experiences, but are a little more tame then our more thrilling attractions, like Ko'okiri Body Plunge. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Volcano Bay in the future.
-Casey