1,057 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies minute walk universal orlando ale house free shuttle universal city walk shuttle service gift shop self parking nice pool starbucks lobby uber parks conference walgreens
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We just love staying at this hotel when we take our trip to Universal. It is so convenient to be located right across the park. They offer a shuttle service (we didn’t use) but we just uber over for a couple bucks. The bell service was spot on the we arrived and when we left. Sure made it easy getting to/from the room. They do charge $20 to self park a day...it’s ok because they have security and it is gated. The front desk service was friendly and very accommodating. We checked in online so that was just a quick cookie and water pick up. They recently renovated the hotel. It seemed open and clean. The rooms are spacious and we had a lovely view of the pool. The courtyard is nice to relax, enjoyed the Starbucks on site for a coffee and breakfast a couple mornings. We planned a down day and hung out by the pool. The pool area is relaxing and we stayed there all day. Only wish they offered pool service The kids played all afternoon. The kid area is fun. The jacuzzi was hot just what you want. Nice large size too. We did eat at the little pizza place by Starbucks and brought it to the pool. It was hot and tasty. Perfect pool day! We did eat at the American Grill place...ok food. The bread was awful. Good service and happy hour drinks. For a treat we ordered room service...they forgot to pick up our form...sad in am bc we had to wait. They made it right by offering us a discount and surprised us with a gift bag apology when we got back to the room. What a nice touch. We did have an issue with the ac in our room but they fixed it right away. Everyone seemed very friendly and accommodating. All and all it is a great place to stay for the family! We saw a lot of business people there as well. The beds are comfortable. Pillows go flat and wish they had comfy blankets.
Oh...one negative about UPS on site. I was excited they were there bc I had a package I needed to drop off. The postage was already paid but they charged me a
$5 fee to ship it.
Have fun ....we sure did!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Piperatlanta
DT Universal O, Executive Assistant, Nikki S. at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to a friend. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Was there for a business conference and everything went very smoothly. The room was great the service everywhere was great. Conveniently located across the street from Universal with lots of restaurants nearby. Hotel bar and restaurants very good.

1  Thank thomas8152018
DT Universal O, Executive Assistant at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel with all the needed amenities and only a 10 minute easy walk from Universal Studios. I contacted the hotel about 2 weeks before arriving asking for a high room overlooking Universal. I ended up with a room on floor 6 (out of 18) overlooking an air conditioning unit (see pics). But hey ho, everything else was fine but the poor view and lack of included breakfast made it a 4 star experience for us.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DT Universal O, Guest Relations at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and don't hesitate to call me to share more information and I will try my best to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

My wife and I stayed at this Double Tree because we were attending a conference at this location. The staff is great, the hotel is a older, but well maintained. The best part of this property was the location to Universal Studios. Can can make the short walk or drive 1 minute away. There are a lot of restaurants in walking distance also. This is an all around good hotel with great location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear David P, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient. Were you able to explore the area? If not, you can visit us again and we are happy to share with you the must-visit attractions as well as some hidden treasures in the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Great hotel in a convenient location close to Universal Studios. I've stayed here several times for work related travel. Each experience has been really good. The only detractor for me has been the poor lighting in the bathroom. It's challenging to get ready (make-up and hair) in such a dimly lit space.

1  Thank elizabethcX1140DC
DT Universal O, Executive Assistant, Nikki S. at Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

It brings me a lot of pride and joy to hear that you're an avid fan of our hotel. We appreciate your business, your loyalty and your trust. Also the hotel is currently working on transitioning the lights in all the bathrooms as this been a concern for many. As always don't hesitate to call us if there's anything we can help you with for your next trip.