2Jax
Jacksonville, Florida

The Tower is a Great location for a stay at Disney

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Aug 2021
We returned to Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort after staying there years ago in one of the original "village" buildings. This time, however, we stayed in the Gran Destino Tower which was built only a couple of years ago. The Tower was great and had the feel of a high-end resort. The entire Coronado Springs Resort is HUGE and has almost 2000 rooms scattered amongst it's large footprint. It is divided by different villages and is considered a Disney “moderate resort.” While the 3 villages that were the original buildings still look moderate, the Tower feels like to us more of a “deluxe” hotel.
The entire property is themed on Mexico and the Southwestern US. It is a large convention hotel. It has several restaurants located throughout. The main pool area, while a short walk, is very nice. Transportation to and from the Theme parks are all by bus. Maybe one day the Disney Skyliner will open to this resort as well.
The rooms in the Tower are spacious and are nicely decorated. The bathrooms are of a nice size with dual sinks. We found the rooms to be quiet. We were on the 14th floor and had an amazing view of everything Disney outside our window. We took a short elevator ride two floors up for food and libations at Dahlia Lounge which was very nice. We were able to sit outside, covered 16 floors above Disney and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Service was great the entire time. Even with such a big Resort, being in the Tower we did not have a problem with it. When staying at the Coronado, we will stay at the Tower from now on if we can.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 23 Aug 2021
Hola! I appreciate you taking the time to drop in to share your stay with us! I'm thrilled to learn you and your family had such a memorable and relaxing time at Gran Destino Tower in Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. I completely agree between the newly introduced Tower rooms, the wonderful dining options, amazing Cast Members, and certainly the breathtaking views of Walt Disney World Resort this has quickly become my favorite Resort to visit. We appreciate all the information you've shared as it will be very helpful for our Guests who are planning their next visit. We can't wait to hear all about your next visit. Hasta luego!

AU$334
  • Vio.com
    AU$320
  • StayForLong
2.9 km from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Pool
A 10-acre lake with fountains is surrounded by a walkway that connects the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek with surrounding Club Wyndham resorts and their pool amenities.
AU$422
2.1 km from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Orlando
8,053 results
All reviews maya grill el centro dig site bus stop main pool cafe rix casitas section main building food court disney world new tower quiet pool dining plan cast members convention center quick service gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed here because Port Orleans French Quarter was closed. We stayed in the tower section and it was great! Hotel room was very clean, good beds and nice TV. Grounds are well kept and pool is pretty cool. Location is one of the best in regards to getting to parks. No long waits for buses either. Ate at three bridges one eve overlooking the lake and it was good. Would highly recommend and we will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Trip38448946574
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Hola! Thanks for taking the time to share your recent visit to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort with us. I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything this Resort had to offer and were able to make memories that will last a lifetime. I appreciate the opportunity to read all about your stay and we can't wait to welcome you back again real soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

I gave myself a vacation to Disney when I retired from my job. I used a AAA travel agent who told me the Coronado Springs Resort was “very nice”. First of all I never would have asked for a room out back had I known better. There were no bellman and I had to lug my luggage from the parking lot by myself. Off to a bad start right there. Next, my door wouldn’t open with my magic band, thankfully it opened with my phone. Next it was literally 64 degrees in my room when I arrived. That might feel good to some but it took me a couple of hours to thaw out. Now, about the toilet tissue and the facial tissues. Come on, Coronado Springs… you can do better than cheap truck stop toilet paper and generic Kleenex. I tried 2 different restaurants and found the food marginal at best. The bed was comfortable so that was good and the pillows were nice. Over all I really didn’t like this resort and will choose a different one next time.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank susanbZ7731UW
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Congratulations on your retirement, Susan! Thank you for taking the time to share an honest review of your recent visit to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Although I am thrilled you were well-rested during your visit, I'm so sorry for the disappointments you expressed throughout your review. It's disheartening to read the damper these concerns had on your celebration. Please never hesitate to speak with one of our Front Desk Cast Members as they will do everything in their power to ensure your visit is comfortable. I will make certain your disappointments are shared with the Resort Leadership as feedback from our Guests is how we improve.

For your next visit, I suggest being you check out one of our Deluxe Resorts. Not only do they offer more amenities to enjoy but the buildings are much more centralized as well.

Even though your visit did not truly reflect the Disney difference we strive for all our Guests to experience, I hope we will be welcoming you back in the future to any one of our many wonderful Resorts for a much more magical stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2021

Having stayed at both deluxe and other moderate resorts, I would rate Coronado Springs the best of all in terms of quality and value.   The contactless check-in worked like a charm and I found the room to be superior with high-quality amenities, furnishings, and it was spacious.   The bathroom included two sinks and a tub.  There were two room safes with one in the bathroom and one in the main room.  Other amenities include a large beverage cooler, a Smart TV with casting capability, free high-speed WiFi, a Keurig brewer with plenty of Coffee pods, and a good-sized closet.   Coronado Springs has been around a long time but the room looked pristine with high-quality wood flooring; perhaps it was recently remodeled.  The only miss was a microwave.  Overall, a big thumbs up and I highly recommend.

4  Thank MarkBiz
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2021

Hola, Mark! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience during your visit to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. This Resort offers everything our Guests could want from its world-class cuisine, relaxing recreation areas, luxury interiors, and amazing room amenities. I'm excited to read that this Resort had all the amenities you needed to have a smooth and relaxing visit. However, I apologize that your room wasn't equipped with a microwave. Please know that you can always request this amenity from the front desk and a Cast Member will be happy to have one delivered, as long as one is available.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2021

I stayed at DIsney Coronado's Spring Resort on my recent trip to Disney world. I have been to Disney numerous times but this was a complete first staying at one of their resorts. While Booking it seems that you will be to be at the front of the hotel which is the tower seen in a lot of the photos however be sure to confirm where your headed. We were put in the Ranchos at the back of the property. While the room is nice not having a car and coming in via shuttle or in my case Uber was a total nightmare. I was extremely tired as we had done other things prior to getting to the resort and had out bags. The front desk clerk while being nice did not that explain how to get to our rooms and after asking around we were told we could of caught an incoming bus but they had stopped running since all the parks had closed. Bell Services was later told that they could take us but even didn't help at all during our stay. The other issue was conflicting information when asking staff questions. Such as trying to get taken to our rooms and directing us to the front desk but that was up to Bell Services. This happened the entire time during our trip and was very frustrating not to get the right answer numerous times. While the resort is very beautiful I cannot say I will stay here again due to the means of being put anywhere on the property and not being told prior to arrival and the inconvenience of having no transportation to said rooms.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank cwa8807
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. I want to apologize that this Resort stay wasn't the magical one you were expecting. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a unique place as it offers a fully functioning Convention Center. With that being said, it is a large Resort and when you're staying in certain sections there could be a bit of a walk to get to the main areas of the Resort. When planning your next visit to one of our Resorts, I suggest booking a Preferred Room. This will ensure that you are close to the front desk, dining, shopping, and transportation.

Also, I would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication with our Cast Members. All of our Cast Members are expected to provide nothing but the best in Guest Service and I'm sorry this wasn't your experience. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate Leadership teams.

Thank you again and I truly hope we will have to opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

The hotel was nice overall. We arrived on July 29th for my daughters birthday. Everything started out nice. I had no idea the room walls were so thin. The guests next door arrived between 11:00 & 11:30. They were very loud, a male was cursing and TV blasting. I called the front desk and was assisted by a very nice desk clerk. She sent security to speak with the guests. The guests lowered their voices and the volume on the TV. The quietness didn't last long. We were awaken again by the same guests at 5:00 am arguing and slamming doors. It was not a conversation my 12 year old should have heard. The guests conversation became intense and I once again called the front desk. The same desk clerk assisted again and sent security out for a second time. The guests eventually left around 6:00 am and did not return. My hope is that the young lady involved in that situation is okay. My family and I will probably not return to Coronado Springs. We have never stayed at hotel were we could hear every conversation and sound from the next room. My daughter has a Birthday memory I wish I could erase.

Date of stay: July 2021
3  Thank 06cherylc
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Happy belated birthday to your daughter, Cheryl. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Although I am thrilled you enjoyed your overall time visiting with us and the Cast Members you interacted with made your visit better, I'm so sorry for the disappointments you expressed throughout your review. I can understand the frustrations caused by the noise level next door. It is disheartening to learn the damper these concerns had on your celebration.

With many wonderful Resorts to choose from, I hope we'll be celebrating with you and your family again real soon!