Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Susan B

Will choose a different resort

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Aug 2021via mobile
I gave myself a vacation to Disney when I retired from my job. I used a AAA travel agent who told me the Coronado Springs Resort was “very nice”. First of all I never would have asked for a room out back had I known better. There were no bellman and I had to lug my luggage from the parking lot by myself. Off to a bad start right there. Next, my door wouldn’t open with my magic band, thankfully it opened with my phone. Next it was literally 64 degrees in my room when I arrived. That might feel good to some but it took me a couple of hours to thaw out. Now, about the toilet tissue and the facial tissues. Come on, Coronado Springs… you can do better than cheap truck stop toilet paper and generic Kleenex. I tried 2 different restaurants and found the food marginal at best. The bed was comfortable so that was good and the pillows were nice. Over all I really didn’t like this resort and will choose a different one next time.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 19 Aug 2021
Congratulations on your retirement, Susan! Thank you for taking the time to share an honest review of your recent visit to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Although I am thrilled you were well-rested during your visit, I'm so sorry for the disappointments you expressed throughout your review. It's disheartening to read the damper these concerns had on your celebration. Please never hesitate to speak with one of our Front Desk Cast Members as they will do everything in their power to ensure your visit is comfortable. I will make certain your disappointments are shared with the Resort Leadership as feedback from our Guests is how we improve.

For your next visit, I suggest being you check out one of our Deluxe Resorts. Not only do they offer more amenities to enjoy but the buildings are much more centralized as well.

Even though your visit did not truly reflect the Disney difference we strive for all our Guests to experience, I hope we will be welcoming you back in the future to any one of our many wonderful Resorts for a much more magical stay.

Zoey
    AU$294
  • Skyscanner.com
2.9 km from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Pool
A 10-acre lake with fountains is surrounded by a walkway that connects the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek with surrounding Club Wyndham resorts and their pool amenities.
  • Wyndham
5.7 km from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Free parking
View more hotels in Orlando
8,065 results
All reviews maya grill el centro dig site bus stop main pool cafe rix casitas section main building food court disney world new tower quiet pool dining plan cast members convention center quick service gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021

Having stayed at both deluxe and other moderate resorts, I would rate Coronado Springs the best of all in terms of quality and value.   The contactless check-in worked like a charm and I found the room to be superior with high-quality amenities, furnishings, and it was spacious.   The bathroom included two sinks and a tub.  There were two room safes with one in the bathroom and one in the main room.  Other amenities include a large beverage cooler, a Smart TV with casting capability, free high-speed WiFi, a Keurig brewer with plenty of Coffee pods, and a good-sized closet.   Coronado Springs has been around a long time but the room looked pristine with high-quality wood flooring; perhaps it was recently remodeled.  The only miss was a microwave.  Overall, a big thumbs up and I highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2021
4  Thank MarkBiz
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2021

Hola, Mark! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience during your visit to Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. This Resort offers everything our Guests could want from its world-class cuisine, relaxing recreation areas, luxury interiors, and amazing room amenities. I'm excited to read that this Resort had all the amenities you needed to have a smooth and relaxing visit. However, I apologize that your room wasn't equipped with a microwave. Please know that you can always request this amenity from the front desk and a Cast Member will be happy to have one delivered, as long as one is available.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2021

I stayed at DIsney Coronado's Spring Resort on my recent trip to Disney world. I have been to Disney numerous times but this was a complete first staying at one of their resorts. While Booking it seems that you will be to be at the front of the hotel which is the tower seen in a lot of the photos however be sure to confirm where your headed. We were put in the Ranchos at the back of the property. While the room is nice not having a car and coming in via shuttle or in my case Uber was a total nightmare. I was extremely tired as we had done other things prior to getting to the resort and had out bags. The front desk clerk while being nice did not that explain how to get to our rooms and after asking around we were told we could of caught an incoming bus but they had stopped running since all the parks had closed. Bell Services was later told that they could take us but even didn't help at all during our stay. The other issue was conflicting information when asking staff questions. Such as trying to get taken to our rooms and directing us to the front desk but that was up to Bell Services. This happened the entire time during our trip and was very frustrating not to get the right answer numerous times. While the resort is very beautiful I cannot say I will stay here again due to the means of being put anywhere on the property and not being told prior to arrival and the inconvenience of having no transportation to said rooms.

1  Thank cwa8807
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. I want to apologize that this Resort stay wasn't the magical one you were expecting. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a unique place as it offers a fully functioning Convention Center. With that being said, it is a large Resort and when you're staying in certain sections there could be a bit of a walk to get to the main areas of the Resort. When planning your next visit to one of our Resorts, I suggest booking a Preferred Room. This will ensure that you are close to the front desk, dining, shopping, and transportation.

Also, I would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication with our Cast Members. All of our Cast Members are expected to provide nothing but the best in Guest Service and I'm sorry this wasn't your experience. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate Leadership teams.

Thank you again and I truly hope we will have to opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

The hotel was nice overall. We arrived on July 29th for my daughters birthday. Everything started out nice. I had no idea the room walls were so thin. The guests next door arrived between 11:00 & 11:30. They were very loud, a male was cursing and TV blasting. I called the front desk and was assisted by a very nice desk clerk. She sent security to speak with the guests. The guests lowered their voices and the volume on the TV. The quietness didn't last long. We were awaken again by the same guests at 5:00 am arguing and slamming doors. It was not a conversation my 12 year old should have heard. The guests conversation became intense and I once again called the front desk. The same desk clerk assisted again and sent security out for a second time. The guests eventually left around 6:00 am and did not return. My hope is that the young lady involved in that situation is okay. My family and I will probably not return to Coronado Springs. We have never stayed at hotel were we could hear every conversation and sound from the next room. My daughter has a Birthday memory I wish I could erase.

3  Thank 06cherylc
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Happy belated birthday to your daughter, Cheryl. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Although I am thrilled you enjoyed your overall time visiting with us and the Cast Members you interacted with made your visit better, I'm so sorry for the disappointments you expressed throughout your review. I can understand the frustrations caused by the noise level next door. It is disheartening to learn the damper these concerns had on your celebration.

With many wonderful Resorts to choose from, I hope we'll be celebrating with you and your family again real soon!

Zoey

Reviewed 31 July 2021

Coronado Springs Resort is a big resort / hotel and it has many different sections, Casita 1, 2, 3 and then the Gran Destino Tower. This Gran Destino tower is a newer and separate section, it has its own separate entrance and parking. So when you book, make sure to ask for Gran Destino Tower. So my review is for my 5-day stay at the Gran Destino Tower. Parking was easy, lobby is nice, bright and welcoming. Bus Stop # 1 is so close to the lobby and we were truly blessed for this. Bus comes every 10 minutes or so and they will take you to all Disney theme parks and Disney Springs. I love how we can use our Disney App / Magic Bands to scan at the entrance / guard house and also the rooms. Very convenient. Lobby is nice, spacious and smelled good. I don't have to walk 200 miles to get to my room. The elevators is very easy to the left of the lobby. We got lucky and got the 15th Club Level room, all elevators are mostly very specific to room level, for instance, when you press floor 15 on the touch screen, it will tell you which elevators to take. There were 6 total and instead of stopping at every levels, it will take you straight to your room level. Which I love. Room is spacious and it has 2 queen beds, long countertop desk, laminate flooring (which is perfect if you are OCD like me), clean restroom with walk in shower, separate toilet, double sinks. The only thing was it was a bit short staffed but I expected it b/c of Covid. We just grabbed a trolley, loaded up our bags, went straight to our room. No interruption. I wish the housekeeping came on the promised 4th day though, but it was no big deal. All in all, I love this newer section of the room. We passed by the Casita 1, 2, 3, sections and they do look like Motels and looked rundown. So do yourself a favor when booking, pls specify that you want the Gran Destino Tower section.

Room tip: Ask for Gran Destino Tower top floor rooms
3  Thank dutseal168
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your thorough review of your time with us at Disney's Coronado Spring Resort - Gran Destino Tower! I'm delighted to read that so many of our offerings were just what you were hoping for in a magical visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. Your room location sounds perfect and the convenience of our transportation to the Theme Parks and Disney Springs made for a good time as well.

I love reading about each of our Guests' visits because it is so fun and interesting to see what stands out in a trip. Our elevators at Gran Destino Tower are such a huge satisfier for so many visitors and it is one of those details many people do not think about ahead of time. I am thrilled that the new technology and efficiently made an impression on your trip.

On behalf of all of our Cast Members we look forward to welcoming you back for many more magical holidays.

Alexa

Reviewed 30 July 2021

We were supposed to stay for 9 nights (though missed one night due to a missed flight). I wish we had been offered some refund for this but it’s cool. Overall, our stay was very pleasant. The resort is huge and well maintained. The room was clean. Cleaning was offered every other day which was good enough. We only tried out El Mercado de Coronado because I don’t have the patience to reserve a place due to the fluid schedule. Food was decent and options were. Kids loved the pastries too. The dig site pool was pretty good, and kids had a ball. I stayed here initially because I couldn’t find a reservation at Caribbean beach resort, due to my previous experience there during my last trip and the convenience of Skyliner. Although this place could also use the Skyliner, absolutely no regrets. The staff was the best for the most part which makes me stay on property every time and the convenience of the resort buses etc. We did try out the Skyliner and really loved it. I hope it will be added to all the resorts that don’t have an option of a ferry!

Two small incidents that I wish I did not have to deal with...

A shout out to the buses: All passengers were required to wear a mask before boarding (although some people pulled it below their nose after boarding).

First: I called ahead of time for a microwave in the room. When I checked in, they did not have a record of it and was told it will be arranged. Two days later I called late at night again, and they apparently didn’t have a record of the request this time either. They did send one within 10 minutes, so that was great. I wish I didn’t have to ask 3 times for something.

Second: There was no laundry detergent in the vending machine in the washing area. Me and another guest called the front desk, and we were asked to walk over to the front desk... In the morning may be, but at night after a day at the park walking the distance that you need to at this place... not happening... 4 calls and almost 30 minutes later including yelling from another guest, someone walked over with the detergent but not enough... So, I had to wait more time for them to get some for me. The laundry was running all hours that I went there, so an empty vending machine should have been a priority. The nice thing was the cast member who brought it over was very nice and apologetic about it and didn’t charge for it. Her attitude made me feel that at least it ended on a good note.

Would definitely stay over next time!

Room tip: Casitas bus stop is the first stop, even though its not numbered 1. You can easily get a spot to sit if you board here.
4  Thank rrbang

Hola! I'm excited to read about your recent stay at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. The beauty of these sprawling grounds and the unique blend of Spanish, Mexican, and Southwest American cultures makes this a one-of-a-kind place. I'm so glad to read that it provided the perfect backdrop for your vacation. I am sorry that you had a couple of hiccups during your visit with your microwave request being lost and not having detergent available in our laundry rooms. I completely understand how these two things can have an impact on your visit and I was glad that, in the end, our Cast Members made sure you had everything you needed. Please know I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate Leadership team.

Thank you for your review and we can't wait to welcome you again real soon.