Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
cwa8807
Waco, Texas

A Little touch on Customer Service and this place will be a plus

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Aug 2021
I stayed at DIsney Coronado's Spring Resort on my recent trip to Disney world. I have been to Disney numerous times but this was a complete first staying at one of their resorts. While Booking it seems that you will be to be at the front of the hotel which is the tower seen in a lot of the photos however be sure to confirm where your headed. We were put in the Ranchos at the back of the property. While the room is nice not having a car and coming in via shuttle or in my case Uber was a total nightmare. I was extremely tired as we had done other things prior to getting to the resort and had out bags. The front desk clerk while being nice did not that explain how to get to our rooms and after asking around we were told we could of caught an incoming bus but they had stopped running since all the parks had closed. Bell Services was later told that they could take us but even didn't help at all during our stay. The other issue was conflicting information when asking staff questions. Such as trying to get taken to our rooms and directing us to the front desk but that was up to Bell Services. This happened the entire time during our trip and was very frustrating not to get the right answer numerous times. While the resort is very beautiful I cannot say I will stay here again due to the means of being put anywhere on the property and not being told prior to arrival and the inconvenience of having no transportation to said rooms.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 5 Aug 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. I want to apologize that this Resort stay wasn't the magical one you were expecting. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a unique place as it offers a fully functioning Convention Center. With that being said, it is a large Resort and when you're staying in certain sections there could be a bit of a walk to get to the main areas of the Resort. When planning your next visit to one of our Resorts, I suggest booking a Preferred Room. This will ensure that you are close to the front desk, dining, shopping, and transportation.

Also, I would like to apologize if there was any miscommunication with our Cast Members. All of our Cast Members are expected to provide nothing but the best in Guest Service and I'm sorry this wasn't your experience. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate Leadership teams.

Thank you again and I truly hope we will have to opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Betty
AU$255
    AU$338
  • Vio.com
    AU$247
    AU$338
2.9 km from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Pool
A 10-acre lake with fountains is surrounded by a walkway that connects the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek with surrounding Club Wyndham resorts and their pool amenities.
AU$357
    AU$253
14.2 km from Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
View more hotels in Orlando
8,065 results
All reviews maya grill el centro dig site bus stop main pool cafe rix casitas section main building food court disney world new tower quiet pool dining plan cast members convention center quick service gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2021

The hotel was nice overall. We arrived on July 29th for my daughters birthday. Everything started out nice. I had no idea the room walls were so thin. The guests next door arrived between 11:00 & 11:30. They were very loud, a male was cursing and TV blasting. I called the front desk and was assisted by a very nice desk clerk. She sent security to speak with the guests. The guests lowered their voices and the volume on the TV. The quietness didn't last long. We were awaken again by the same guests at 5:00 am arguing and slamming doors. It was not a conversation my 12 year old should have heard. The guests conversation became intense and I once again called the front desk. The same desk clerk assisted again and sent security out for a second time. The guests eventually left around 6:00 am and did not return. My hope is that the young lady involved in that situation is okay. My family and I will probably not return to Coronado Springs. We have never stayed at hotel were we could hear every conversation and sound from the next room. My daughter has a Birthday memory I wish I could erase.

3  Thank 06cherylc
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Happy belated birthday to your daughter, Cheryl. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Although I am thrilled you enjoyed your overall time visiting with us and the Cast Members you interacted with made your visit better, I'm so sorry for the disappointments you expressed throughout your review. I can understand the frustrations caused by the noise level next door. It is disheartening to learn the damper these concerns had on your celebration.

With many wonderful Resorts to choose from, I hope we'll be celebrating with you and your family again real soon!

Zoey

Reviewed 31 July 2021

Coronado Springs Resort is a big resort / hotel and it has many different sections, Casita 1, 2, 3 and then the Gran Destino Tower. This Gran Destino tower is a newer and separate section, it has its own separate entrance and parking. So when you book, make sure to ask for Gran Destino Tower. So my review is for my 5-day stay at the Gran Destino Tower. Parking was easy, lobby is nice, bright and welcoming. Bus Stop # 1 is so close to the lobby and we were truly blessed for this. Bus comes every 10 minutes or so and they will take you to all Disney theme parks and Disney Springs. I love how we can use our Disney App / Magic Bands to scan at the entrance / guard house and also the rooms. Very convenient. Lobby is nice, spacious and smelled good. I don't have to walk 200 miles to get to my room. The elevators is very easy to the left of the lobby. We got lucky and got the 15th Club Level room, all elevators are mostly very specific to room level, for instance, when you press floor 15 on the touch screen, it will tell you which elevators to take. There were 6 total and instead of stopping at every levels, it will take you straight to your room level. Which I love. Room is spacious and it has 2 queen beds, long countertop desk, laminate flooring (which is perfect if you are OCD like me), clean restroom with walk in shower, separate toilet, double sinks. The only thing was it was a bit short staffed but I expected it b/c of Covid. We just grabbed a trolley, loaded up our bags, went straight to our room. No interruption. I wish the housekeeping came on the promised 4th day though, but it was no big deal. All in all, I love this newer section of the room. We passed by the Casita 1, 2, 3, sections and they do look like Motels and looked rundown. So do yourself a favor when booking, pls specify that you want the Gran Destino Tower section.

Room tip: Ask for Gran Destino Tower top floor rooms
3  Thank dutseal168
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your thorough review of your time with us at Disney's Coronado Spring Resort - Gran Destino Tower! I'm delighted to read that so many of our offerings were just what you were hoping for in a magical visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. Your room location sounds perfect and the convenience of our transportation to the Theme Parks and Disney Springs made for a good time as well.

I love reading about each of our Guests' visits because it is so fun and interesting to see what stands out in a trip. Our elevators at Gran Destino Tower are such a huge satisfier for so many visitors and it is one of those details many people do not think about ahead of time. I am thrilled that the new technology and efficiently made an impression on your trip.

On behalf of all of our Cast Members we look forward to welcoming you back for many more magical holidays.

Alexa

Reviewed 30 July 2021

We were supposed to stay for 9 nights (though missed one night due to a missed flight). I wish we had been offered some refund for this but it’s cool. Overall, our stay was very pleasant. The resort is huge and well maintained. The room was clean. Cleaning was offered every other day which was good enough. We only tried out El Mercado de Coronado because I don’t have the patience to reserve a place due to the fluid schedule. Food was decent and options were. Kids loved the pastries too. The dig site pool was pretty good, and kids had a ball. I stayed here initially because I couldn’t find a reservation at Caribbean beach resort, due to my previous experience there during my last trip and the convenience of Skyliner. Although this place could also use the Skyliner, absolutely no regrets. The staff was the best for the most part which makes me stay on property every time and the convenience of the resort buses etc. We did try out the Skyliner and really loved it. I hope it will be added to all the resorts that don’t have an option of a ferry!

Two small incidents that I wish I did not have to deal with...

A shout out to the buses: All passengers were required to wear a mask before boarding (although some people pulled it below their nose after boarding).

First: I called ahead of time for a microwave in the room. When I checked in, they did not have a record of it and was told it will be arranged. Two days later I called late at night again, and they apparently didn’t have a record of the request this time either. They did send one within 10 minutes, so that was great. I wish I didn’t have to ask 3 times for something.

Second: There was no laundry detergent in the vending machine in the washing area. Me and another guest called the front desk, and we were asked to walk over to the front desk... In the morning may be, but at night after a day at the park walking the distance that you need to at this place... not happening... 4 calls and almost 30 minutes later including yelling from another guest, someone walked over with the detergent but not enough... So, I had to wait more time for them to get some for me. The laundry was running all hours that I went there, so an empty vending machine should have been a priority. The nice thing was the cast member who brought it over was very nice and apologetic about it and didn’t charge for it. Her attitude made me feel that at least it ended on a good note.

Would definitely stay over next time!

Room tip: Casitas bus stop is the first stop, even though its not numbered 1. You can easily get a spot to sit if you board here.
4  Thank rrbang

Hola! I'm excited to read about your recent stay at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. The beauty of these sprawling grounds and the unique blend of Spanish, Mexican, and Southwest American cultures makes this a one-of-a-kind place. I'm so glad to read that it provided the perfect backdrop for your vacation. I am sorry that you had a couple of hiccups during your visit with your microwave request being lost and not having detergent available in our laundry rooms. I completely understand how these two things can have an impact on your visit and I was glad that, in the end, our Cast Members made sure you had everything you needed. Please know I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate Leadership team.

Thank you for your review and we can't wait to welcome you again real soon.

Betty

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

I have been coming to Disney for over 40 years, staying at different Disney hotels and heard that I should stay at the Disney Coronado Springs Hotel because it is such a classy hotel with great scenery. However, staying at the Coronado Springs has been the worst hotel and Disney experience we have had in the many years we have visited the park…

I called the front desk for room cleaning services and they refused to make our beds daily
We can hear the people in the room above us walk around (loudly)
The hotel rooms are set up like motels and we were not aware of this floor plan when we booked the room.
We do not have a table in our room so we requested trays to eat via the front desk/concierge. They indicated, our rooms are not meant to eat in and they suggested we should go and sit at the tables outside.
We ordered food, they would not allow the driver to deliver, I had to leave my room and drive to the check-in building to retrieve our order. They advised, it was for security reasons, although the gate which provided access to our hotel buildings has been broken and open…providing access to anyone and everyone.
The rooms/elevators are difficult to find via this Coronado grounds. Signs are difficult to navigate on the premises.
Door leading to the bathroom sink will not close.
Exhaust fan turns on automatically via motion sensor, but it has been running all night and we could not turn it off.

In just 2 hours, this has been the worst Disney hotel experience that we have ever had. For years, Disney has advertised their mystical (magical) and superior customer service. This hotel is the worst and has provided horrible service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 950richellem
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

You have raised some truly valid concerns here and we are grateful for your review. Please know that I've actually already reached out to Resort Leadership and someone should be in contact with you soon to ensure the remainder of your stay runs much more smoothly. We really do want each visit to be nothing short of seamless, with welcoming and comforting accommodations for all our Guests. Thank you again for this feedback and I hope your visit only improves from this point.

Brie

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Booked this room through Priceline. First mistake. The pictures are beautiful and it was a special occasion for our daughter. We had stayed at Port Orleans a few years ago, while nice we didn’t want the “motel feel “ this time. Upon arrival we unload outside of hotel”Resort” and was told we had to drive around and walk to our room. Not what we booked or expected. Talked to manager on duty, Megan and her customer service was if you wanna leave I’ll refund you. We had reservations that had been booked months before for dinner/Disney tickets etc. and let little to no leeway on trying to find a room. (Area booked) All I wanted was to be moved into the Resort which I booked. When you book a room third party the blame gets put on one another. Megan said it’s Priceline.
Priceline said the “Resort” provided the pictures with description. See pictures below to what we booked to what we received.
No where on Priceline’s site does it show the motel that we were put in.
O and try to call the hotel direct? Good luck!
Blessed but very disappointed!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

I appreciate the time you took to share your recent stay at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. While your visit was filled with celebration and memories, I'm saddened to read about your disappointments and concerns regarding your room location and the service provided by our Front Desk Cast Member. I am so sorry for the level of Guest service you received when you arrived. We take such pride in providing a high level of service to each and every one of our Guests, and it's disheartening that this does not seem to be what your family experienced this visit.

Please be assured your concerns and feedback have been heard and will be forwarded to the appropriate teams, as feedback from our Guests is what shows us where improvements can be made.

Again, I apologize this wasn't the Resort experience you were hoping for, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back so we can truly demonstrate the Disney difference.

Zoey