“Stay away! Timeshare and bed bugs”

Parc Corniche Condominium Resort Hotel
Ranked #169 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed here about a year ago---not bad, not great. This time was totally different. First off the free breakfast was strpped down drastically from pervious stays. As we walked in we were harassed by a rude time share person wanting us to sit thru a presentation. I don't know when they started doing this but it wasn't there on our previous stay. Let's just say the overall quality of people staying here has gone down drastically. To top it all off we discovered bed bugs in our room----disgusting. Don't be enticed by low priced rooms. We won't be back any time soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Pat M
Joe D, Manager at Parc Corniche Condominium Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

I was disappointed to read your review of our hotel and that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations to all of our guests.

We offer a basic continental breakfast that includes a variety of cereals, oatmeal, assorted yogurts, fresh fruit, pastries, variety of fresh breads, sliced cheese and a variety of fresh juices and coffee & tea.

I was surprised to hear that our guest service staff was rude because we usually receive good comments about their services.

I wish that you would have mentioned the concerns you had about possible bed bugs in your room. In the tourism industry hotels are sometimes faced with a guest room having bed bugs. I am pleased to state that after inspection, the room you stayed in showed no active or previous signs of bed bugs. All the departments of the hotel have been through bed bug training programs. We always pay very close attention to the beds as this is a serious concern in the hotel industry.

Again thank you for your stay and I am sorry that it was not a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I checked out of a disgusting Holiday Inn and went in search of other accommodations. The Around Me app on my iPhone led us to the Parc Corniche; it was close by, and the price was good, comparatively speaking ($89 for one night). From the outside, the property is charming and welcoming. However, our room was very old and not very clean. Renovations are definitely needed. We refused to walk barefoot on the carpet, the bed had what looked like pubic hair and other detritus on the sheets, the bathroom sink had an extremely slow, clogged drain, and the shower curtain had something that resembled bird poop stuck to the inside of it.

We liked having a kitchen, but that amenity did not offset the outdated and unclean aspects of our condo. On a positive note, my husband said he liked the free breakfast. I didn't try it.

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank English18
Reviewed 7 February 2012

After reading comments from other reviewers I was somewhat apprehensive about staying at the Parc Corniche although I had stayed there a fews times several years ago. The condo was exactly what I requested (third floor, end unit). The unit was clean and the housekeeping staff came in every day to change the towels and take the trash. All of the staff I had contact with were friendly, professional and accommodating. I used the pool/hot and fitness center (the temperature in the fitness center could be much cooler). I did not check out the continental breakfast. I will not hesitate to stay at theParc Corniche in the future and will gladly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DebbieR21058
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our travel agent had unfortunately already booked and paid for this condo before we went on Tripadvisor and read all the poor reviews. We really did go to the hotel hoping for the best, however we weren't surprised that is was so terrible after reading all the reviews.

The rooms are really in need of an update and some sound proofing. We struggled to sleep at night as we were in a ground floor room and could hear the people above us stomping around all night. The whole condo really needed an update and especially new furniture. The springs in our couches were broken and we arrived to find a full ash tray of cigarettes on our balcony as the cleaners did a very poor job. It wasn't in the best position for visiting all the parks and as we are from Australia we had to use taxis to get to either Universal or Disney and to do our food shopping which cost us alot of money. In hindsight we should have paid more for a better hotel and the money we would have spent on taxis would have gone to this.
We definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank glutenfreeg
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel is too old, the bedroom felt really dirty, the carpets where just disgusting we couldn't even walk con it without any shoes, curtains were all torn and ripped, also the bedroom felt really humid.
There was no cleaning service in the bedroom, they only changed the towels and didn't make up the beds or anything.
The little terrace had 2 chairs which were really unclean, and the sliding doors had to be locked with a kind of metal bar.
Finally the TV on the living room didn't had a remote, because the one provided didn't work it wasn't even the same brand.
We changed our reservation from a 20 dollars a night to this hotel which was 120 dollars and for sure the cheaper one would have been much more cleaner.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family