Honestly this is the first time I sit down and I write a bad review about a hotel/ trip booked with expedia. Fooled by the pictures and some good reviews, I went ahead and made a reservation for our family of 5. Two rooms for $40 per night, not bad at all, so we went ahead and made our reservation. We got there, and the first thing we saw from the car, the pool, half size the pool from the picture!!... We didn't care about the pool at all, since our only intention was to be in a place to sleep during our visit to the parks. We have stayed in cheap low quality hotels before like Imperial Swam, but this was the worst of the worst. We got to the lobby...guess what, the lobby had no AC at all!!!, also forget about the lobby from the picture !!!, maybe that was the lobby 15 years ago!. While checking in, a couple got into the lobby asking for the room free wi-fi, guess what, there's only wifi in the lobby, not in the rooms.
We went ahead, and got our 2 rooms, I have to admit the lady from the lobby was nice. After 5mins waiting for the elevator we got to our floor, first thing we saw after stepping out the elevator, a pile of garbage bags thrown outside, and next to it a big pile of dirty towels on the hallway, no maintenance person around or anything, towels were just there. Things started to look bad, but it was worst when we opened our rooms. The humidity odor was TERRIBLE!!! Carpet was wet!. One of the rooms A/C was not even working at all!!!, beds looked clean, but everything smelled like an old abandoned museum!. Bathrooms were OK, small shower, and next to the rusty 20 year old hair drier they had a sign "due to the high demand of our appliances we are selling them" the hair drier for $30 dollars...Trust me , we have stayed in really cheap places but this time those $40 bucks per night weren't worth our health and security!. The curtains didn't close completely, and anyone from the hallway was able to see the beds. We checked in at 3pm and we left to another hotel at 3-30pm. Still, we only got the refund for the 2nd day only, we kinda didn't care it was a relief leaving that horrendous place. While leaving the hotel, we saw the police running through the hallway, scary scene. One word, HORRIBLE, they should demolish that place ASAP!!! Anyone with some sort of hygiene, looking for a secure place for your family, and with a common sense of living conditions DONT RESERVE HERE!! $24, $40 or $30 per night IS A LOT of money for what you will get!!!!!! one word HORRIBLE!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wifi located only in lobby and pool areas. Free shuttle to theme parks Close to several attractions and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Plaza Orlando
- Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel Florida