“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!”

Ranked #294 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Miami
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Honestly this is the first time I sit down and I write a bad review about a hotel/ trip booked with expedia. Fooled by the pictures and some good reviews, I went ahead and made a reservation for our family of 5. Two rooms for $40 per night, not bad at all, so we went ahead and made our reservation. We got there, and the first thing we saw from the car, the pool, half size the pool from the picture!!... We didn't care about the pool at all, since our only intention was to be in a place to sleep during our visit to the parks. We have stayed in cheap low quality hotels before like Imperial Swam, but this was the worst of the worst. We got to the lobby...guess what, the lobby had no AC at all!!!, also forget about the lobby from the picture !!!, maybe that was the lobby 15 years ago!. While checking in, a couple got into the lobby asking for the room free wi-fi, guess what, there's only wifi in the lobby, not in the rooms.
We went ahead, and got our 2 rooms, I have to admit the lady from the lobby was nice. After 5mins waiting for the elevator we got to our floor, first thing we saw after stepping out the elevator, a pile of garbage bags thrown outside, and next to it a big pile of dirty towels on the hallway, no maintenance person around or anything, towels were just there. Things started to look bad, but it was worst when we opened our rooms. The humidity odor was TERRIBLE!!! Carpet was wet!. One of the rooms A/C was not even working at all!!!, beds looked clean, but everything smelled like an old abandoned museum!. Bathrooms were OK, small shower, and next to the rusty 20 year old hair drier they had a sign "due to the high demand of our appliances we are selling them" the hair drier for $30 dollars...Trust me , we have stayed in really cheap places but this time those $40 bucks per night weren't worth our health and security!. The curtains didn't close completely, and anyone from the hallway was able to see the beds. We checked in at 3pm and we left to another hotel at 3-30pm. Still, we only got the refund for the 2nd day only, we kinda didn't care it was a relief leaving that horrendous place. While leaving the hotel, we saw the police running through the hallway, scary scene. One word, HORRIBLE, they should demolish that place ASAP!!! Anyone with some sort of hygiene, looking for a secure place for your family, and with a common sense of living conditions DONT RESERVE HERE!! $24, $40 or $30 per night IS A LOT of money for what you will get!!!!!! one word HORRIBLE!!

Room Tip: Just don't reserve here!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ani D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Manchester
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in September/October 2011. I booked the holiday with a tight budget, my main priority was to visit all of the theme parks so i was willing to compromise on the hotel. That's all this hotel is really, it's a compromise.
After booking the holiday i searched on here for the reviews, and to my horror there were an alarming about of negative reviews. However, now that i have been there, i realise this isn't a true representation.

The room was basic, the bathroom....no frills but served it's purpose, the air-con had one setting (arctic storm), the furniture was cheap, old and held together by some sort of miracle, the cleaning standards left something to be desired and the "breakfast" was either warm bread or burnt toast.

BUT! The beds were comfortable, and to be perfectly honest, that's all we needed. After spending all day and most of the night in theme parks and restaurants, we didn't need our pajamas folded neatly on our pillows, or a walk in shower/sauna. (It would be nice though). It has a central location which proved invaluable as we took the bus EVERYWHERE. We even walked to Universal studios a couple of times! Also there's a fridge in the room, which is great for freezing bottles of water to take out with you, it gets hot in the queues! For the price, you can't beat it. Despite all its bad points we will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Af91
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed for one night with my sister and my son and got a great deal of $24 for the night. Our room was on the first floor near the pool so we had to keep the curtains closed to stop people looking in. The room had two queen beds which appeared clean, basic bathroom and basic furniture. This was fine as we were only staying one night. The air con was really loud and woke me several times during the night. I wouldn't like to stay here more than a couple of nights as it lacked basic amenities such as a tea maker but there was a mini fridge. Overall this was a great find at the last minute and the price was super cheap. Fantastic location on I Drive opposite wet n wild. I would stay here again if i needed budget accommodation for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank EmmaM74
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2012

this is the worst place to stay near international drive in orlando. the room smelled bad, the rooms on either side of us were left open all night to dry them out after having been soaked by something. the front desk help were not the least bit friendly or helpful. I had to go down to the front desk to obtain some towels as the cleaning staff(thats a joke) had forgot to leave them in our room.The lobby is a joke, they had no restaurant of lounge in building(even tho they advertised they did) and we we told we could walk up to the corner and go to KFC. I would definately never recommend this to anyone. Last thing, when I voiced my unhappiness, I was told that they were sorry but its "just the way it is". The front desk clerk told me that perhaps I should stay somewhere else next time. Trust me I will.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank gregory5220

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 10 August 2012

i really like my stay in this budget hotel. staff where helpful and friendly. the location is a definitely a plus, accessible to all tourist destination, just don't rely too much on the public bus but if you have a car (i hope i had when i stayed) that would be perfect. daily housekeeping service but not fully clean (they did not normally change the sheet and comforter as to their eco-friendly system). no breakfast but they have cafeteria which you could buy a cereal with milk for dollar only. they have a pool, it is always busy so i guess it is clean as most of the guest like to use it. this is not a five star hotel as this is a old hotel but still a decent place to stay, so do not expect too much as they have lots to offer with a very competitive or i may say the cheapest price on i-drive (don't forget to use the otel.com as they can give you as low as less that $25). outside the hotel there are wallgreens, kfc, chinese restaurant, and a few walks will bring you to many other restaurant and stores. the place is safe and secured. wifi internet is accessible only at the lobby. shuttle time is not that good as they have a departure of 10am to12 noon and a return of 7pm which you cant maximize your stay in the theme parks. towel are plenty, other says there are still hairs on it from other guest - i noticed it also but that is normal, hair cannot easily remove from a normal laundry and they cannot check each for a hair fall. the tv offers few channel only but i still used it and enjoy it. the mattress is not new so its uneven but i still manage to sleep well.

guys i hope you understand my reviews as i did not arrange it as i type it, as what i think next and english is not my first language - sorry. but for the hotel? would definitely recommend it to others on a budget travelers like me.

Room Tip: cheapest hotel on i-drive
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo