I feel it is my responsibly to let people know of the misconduct going on at this hotel. Yes I contacted management on site and through website and advised them that I was going to write this review. My daughter and I stayed in the holiday inn universal in february 2012 over winter break. We were walked in on twice (not once but twice) by two men with the maintenance staff. My daughter is 16 and getting ready to get in the shower the first time, she was in her undergarments and was terrified. The maintenance staff stood there and appologized in spanish and backed out of the room. The second time (next day) it was two maintenance men and I was there, they did the same thing, stood there with the door open appologized in spanish and backed out of the room. One of the men was the same one from the previous day. Management told me they would check into the matter and offered my daughter and I breakfast....unbelievable!!! when I got home I immediately sent an email to David Hall the Director of Operations, he called me a MR vs MRS and I was very clear about it being two females in the room he then offered me a free future stay....Obviously NOT!!! So if you are planning on traveling to Orlando Florida, I would NOT stay at this hotel if you value your safety and/or will be traveling with teenage daughters. It is not safe and I have no reason to believe this matter has been taken seriously. I will be contacting legal counsil because now my daughter can no longer stay in hotels without fear of being walked in on by a strange man/men. I travel monthly for work and now sleep with lights on in the room, this is a vacation we will never forget (for all the wrong reasons).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, IHG, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida