Last week I stayed 8 nights at this hotel for a training course; so the decision was not mine but the organizers. Stayed in a standard room (2 Qn Beds); the room is quite spacious with a small fridge, mw oven and coffee maker (with complementary supplies). The bathroom is very small (not even enough space to put your own accessories) but functional. The overall impression was good. Clean and comfortable (choice of pillows, nice touch!). WiFi and Parking are complementary (hard thing to find in Orlando area), a 32" TV and plenty of room to work. I noticed a lack of power outlets, but enough on the desk to charge your phone and connect your laptop. No safe box, or at least I could not find it. There was an issue with the room door, it was difficult to close, so I had to be extra careful not to leave it open.
Breakfast is served in the TGI Fridays; but would not recommend it; $8 and coffee and additional $2.50; some 400 yds there is a IHOP.
The location is quite good, actually a 15 min walk to Universal's CitiWalk for a plethora of dinning options (beware of weather changes when you plan to walk). Malls, Outlet Malls and International Dr, are just a couple of minutes away by car; you could even walk (30 min) to International Dr, if you wish. A shuttle to local attractions is supposed to be available, but never used, never asked.
On the meeting room for the course: we were a small group (6 people + instructor); morning coffee+orange juice and pastries were served (better coffee than TGI Fridays'). The service was very good (we had lunch served in the meeting room). The person catering for us was very helpful in all aspects. Good soundproofing. Business center available (0.75 per page for printing plus 0.25/min for the PC), complementary printing of your boarding passes at the front desk.
I did not try the pool, was a rather cool week, with low 30's during the weekend! A fitness room with good equipment, just right for the size of the hotel. Laundry room available.
Course mates told me about some issues with the AC unit in their rooms; I had none, but really didn't used that much, as I said a rather cool week.
Overall, the hotel is OK. I would recommend it if you want to be close to Universal and you want to save the parking fee, really, you are just a little bit further away than the parking buildings. You can get really good offers for this hotel. I have to say, it would not be my first choice to stay in the Orlando area, but the hotel turned out to be very convenient. It would be a 3.5 star (Good).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida