“Really impressed”

Green Day Cafe & Coffee
Ranked #1,405 of 4,158 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: USD 4 - USD 8
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: Eco-friendly fast food restaurant that is dedicated to providing a healthy alternative to traditional fast food.
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I am not a healthy person by nature. Most of the time when I see a place like this I assume the food will taste subpar. However, I was amazed at the gourmet feel of this place. It was clean, great atmosphere. There were many options to choose from including a few sides that I wasn't expecting and some delicious sounding soups. The prices were really reasonable and the portions (especially on the rice bowls) were hearty.

1  Thank RebeccaS409

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My office is nearby and I've been eating at Green Day for over 4 years. I've always liked the healthy options and the quick efficient service. In the recent past I've noticed that their salads have become much smaller. I'm not sure how or why the change, but they are still charging $8 for what now seems like a cross between a side salad and a meal. This has been disappointing. Their rice bowls are still the same. The service has been slipping and today it was like there were brand new people working. Change in ownership or management? Not sure but I just spent $8 on a $4 (maybe) salad.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I have been trying to eat healthier and especially eating farm to table and locally. This is a good offering in a little strip mall off Lee Road. I had a delicious turkey cranberry salad with terra chips! Yummy! No fries, burgers or sodas here:).

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Had the Buffalo Chicken Wrap for lunch; very good. Broccoli slaw as a side was very tasty (could have done without the dried cranberries). Their slogan says "eco, healthy, and fast." Signs on the wall extolled the eco-friendliness of the place; nice bonus. 'Healthy' still comes down to what you order but definitely lots of healthy options on the menu. Not so sure about the 'fast' part but that's less important to me. I want food to be good (check) and priced right (check); the place to be clean (check); service good (check). All very good. This is a great choice for lunch.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

In the area and decided to give this little place a shot. It was reasonably priced - we spent $20 for two people, which is about the same as it costs two people for fast food like McDonald's nowadays, and this was certainly a better choice nutritionally. I got the Southwest rice bowl, and my husband got the stuffed green peppers. Both entrées were cold, not as if they had been left out and gotten cold, but as if the ingredients are refrigerated and they simply didn't heat them up before serving us. This may be intentional, since they primarily serve wraps and salads, and it may be that they only serve cold foods. It did not affect the taste, and in Florida cold food can actually be refreshing, just be aware so you aren't expecting a hot meal.

The service was heavily lacking. The cashier seemed annoyed by our presence, while making the effort to be cordial so it felt very awkward. Our table was sticky, and after checking the tables nearby, I've decided it must be an inappropriate cleaner being used on the tables, as all of them had that same sticky feel. I had also ordered a side of cinnamon pita chips, which I did not get. Little pita chips came with my husband's peppers, which we assumed were just part of the meal (since they were on his plate) and that I hadn't gotten my chips. When I inquired about them, the cashier told the cook there was supposed to be an order of cinnamon chips, and the cook replied, "the receipt just said pita chips." After a momentary stare-off with me, he added, "I mean, I can make them cinnamon if you want." Uh, is this your first service job? The correct answer would have been, "I'm sorry about that, let me make a quick batch for you."

Overall, food was okay and service was about the same as a fast-food place. Maybe it was a bad day, or we had the nerve to come in too close to closing time.