The Gardens by EVRentals
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Orlando
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsadult resortgreat condotimeshareunitproperty
Reviewed 3 January 2016

We had banked a week with RCI and as a teacher, can't schedule weeks off unless it is Christmas or Spring Break. We decided to try to use our RCI week in Orlando and the only rental available was The Gardens. Reading the reviews about the location was a bit of a concern, but a colleague of my husband's assured us the area was safe and the reviews spoke of a 24/7 security detail on the property.

The place was very roomy and certainly in line with the gold standard we would usually rent at the Manhattan Club in NYC. While there was a musty smell upon entry, it soon dissipated with the opening of the windows. One bedroom, two bathrooms, top floor, bubble-jet tub, full kitchen, king bed, balcony overlooking Rock Lake and QUIET! VERY QUIET!

The 24/7 security is more like mid-morning to midnight-ish. The check-in and out process was no problem. The greatest suggestion would be to invest in wireless in the units. I was charged additional by AT&T because I exceeded my monthly data use. It's 2016 - add the wireless! They did provided a wired internet (ethernet) connection which I used with my laptop, but it meant I was tethered to the kitchen counter.

The neighborhood is quite tired with an abundance of pawn shops, check-cashing offices, a topless go-go and other equally seedy offerings. The Gardens is about 40 minutes from Disney and about an hour from the Kennedy Space Center. It served our needs nicely and we would recommend it!

Room Tip: Top floor facing the lake
1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 28 December 2015

This has TRULY been one of the " TOP BEST RESORTS !" That I have ever vacationed with... The place was just, over-all " BEAUTIFUL "! And the view, the weather and the staff / security were all " ON POINT "! It's in a great location, and HIDDEN... I Loved it.! And I will return and recommend it to others.. ;-) ♥

P.S.
Keep up, the " GREAT WORK EVERYONE "!

Room Tip: Great room, great view, great location, great weather. ;-) ♥ Higher floor, less noise.
1  Thank Annette B. M
Reviewed 19 December 2015

My wife and I (straight couple) read the listing of The Gardens. We understood that the Gardens catered to the LGBT crowd, but what drew us there was that the management suggested to families that this is perhaps not the resort to bring little Johnny and Janie to to experience their Florida vacation. No kids! Whoo-hoo, beam us up Scottie!! Let Disney cram their hallways with the little darlings- that's what the Disney and Universal resorts are for! By the way, the Gardens management assured me that everyone was welcome there, but just wanted folks to understand the clientele they catered to.
All I can say is read the previous posts that satisfied customers have put on Trip Advisor. And then double it for us! We were VERY impressed by the spaciousness of the room, the tasteful decor and the amenities provided. As one reviewer posted, the location is not the greatest, but they have attentive security there 24/7. We never had any problems. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They answered any questions we had and attended to any problems we encountered (which were extremely few).
I agree with one reviewer that stated the the Gardens is Orlando's best-kept secret. Count us as VERY VERY VERY satisfied customers and future attendees to this wonderful place!

Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

The suites at the Gardens were amazing! Two bed rooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen and patio. The master bath has a walk in shower and jacuzzi tub! Very well kept and clean. Located right beside the Parliament House resort.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Ok, I'm not going to lie, this place is not in MY ideal location. But I guess that's why it's called The Gardens.. It's very secluded. Upon arrival, we drove straight through the hood and it had us a bit afraid that our condo was going to be ghetto. But when we opened our door, we were pleasantly surprised. It was a HUGE, beautifully decorated condo. The type of place you would want to live in. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, a large living room, a dining area, a beautiful kitchen, a HUGE bathroom in the master suite, a smaller bathroom in the double bed suite and a half bath bedside the kitchen. There was also a back porch area overlooking the lake. All of the standard apppliances were there, including a big refrigerator, microwave, oven, and a toaster * the toaster was very dirty *, but I couldn't complain, toast was the furthest thing from my mind. Everything was clean and fully stocked with towels. I would recommend and I would totally stay again! Not to mention its super close to downtown orlando, and alot of great little local foreign food spots . LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed: June 2013