USD 138
Book now, pay at stay
USD 1,030
USD 595
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 701/night.

1,502 results
All reviewsjambo housesavannah viewbedroom villaanimal kingdomdvc membersfull bathroomsnight vision gogglesthe buswatching the animalssanaa restaurantbread servicecommunity roomjamba houseroom close to the lobbystandard viewhome resortankole cattle
Reviewed 28 March 2018

If I was doing a review on just the resort itself, this would be a rave, 5 stars all the way. The resort is gorgeous, the savannah is beautiful, and the staff at the front desk was so kind and courteous. Sanaa is delicious as well. Whether you're staying on or off property, it's worth a visit! We stayed in one of the studios, which was a really nice size, but we had issues with the water pressure, the air conditioner, and then our bed was just rock solid. I think our bed was original to the resort from 2001. I think the rooms could stand a little updating as it was very dark and the carpet had a musty smell. Coming off a stay in a newly refurbished room at Coronado Springs, which was bright and so clean, we were so disappointed to have spent so much money to end up wishing we were back at a moderate resort.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley F
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us at Kidani Village and for taking a bit of time to share feedback from your visit. I am thrilled to know that the Resort and our vibrant savanna were appealing sights. It's also lovely that our Cast Members embodied the Disney hospitality that our Guests have come to expect when vacationing.

I'm sorry to read that your room was not quite that same picture perfect experience and the bed was a bit uncomfortable, too. I will be sharing your comments with Resort Leadership as we do monitor our Guests' feedback to assist us with possible changes we make during refurbishments. Cleanliness is also a necessity of any Resort room and there is no excuse for a room to not be spotless upon arrival. I apologize that we missed the mark on this service.

Whether returning to our Resort or trying out a new adventure it will be our pleasure to host future Disney vacations for you.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We stayed at Kidani Village with our son, daughter-in-law and grandkids. Our rooms had balconies overlooking the savannah area and there were always animals in sight. A bit like living in a zoo. An unusual but enjoyable experience. The only drawback to this hotel is if you're depending upon Disney transportation during your stay, the station outside the hotel lobby can be a very long walk to your room if it happens to be near the end of one of the hallways. This is the result of the hotel layout insuring that all savannah view rooms in fact have that view. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay. We ended up using the new "Minnie" van service (a Disney SUV for up to 6, including 2 car seats) to go to and from our hotel using a Lift type app downloaded to our iPhone. Service was great and they picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel garage elevator entrance closest to our room, thus eliminating the long walk with 2 strollers.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary W
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thanks for sharing a wild review of your time at Kidani Village. You definitely feel like you have been plucked out of Florida and placed right in the middle of Africa. It truly is amazing to wake up every morning to peek out your window to see all the animals grazing.

I’m delighted you got a chance to try out the Minnie Van service. It is a newer offering we implemented by partnering with Lyft, and so far I have heard nothing but great things. The Cast Members that take you where you need to go get a chance to share their knowledge and love for all things Disney, which definitely adds a lot of fun into travel time.

Thanks again for the review. I can’t wait to see you, your littles, and grand-littles, again to share many more memories.

Brittany

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Kidani Village is a very well run hotel. The sign of a great staff is when everyone acknowledges you. When you walk down the hallways, the staff always says hello. They are genuinely want to help. The front desk staff is great. Its a short walk to Jambo House. (Make sure you check out the Jambo House Lobby, also at night they have night goggles you can use to see animals). You can also take a free shuttle that runs between the properties. The pool is a little hard to find. Walk out the front entrance of Kidani and go to the right. It has great kids play area. Make sure to walk around the property. it's well worth paying for a Savanah view. The rooms here are very large.

There is one downside. Its only close to Animal Kingdom, so your bus ride will be longer.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael C
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thanks for visiting our savanna for your family's recent holiday and for stopping by to review your experience with us.

Here at Walt Disney World we are in the business of making dreams come true and we know that many people, kids and adults alike, dream of going on safari. Welcoming you home with a warm smile is a big part of that, too, so I’m thrilled our Cast Members were always at the ready to make your stay extra special. We were lucky enough to make that dream a sort of reality through the concept of Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our Guests can tailor their experience as much as they'd like as we offer the opportunity to speak with Cultural Representatives to learn about African cultures in addition to seeing our animals. You can also schedule a number of activities through our Animal Programs team and I’m glad you found the night vision viewing of the animals to be such a treat!

We are a bit more remotely located from most of the Theme Parks; but we like to think that adds to the feeling of transporting to another place completely. Our Transportation partners do keep our buses running as frequently as possible so that Guests are able to enjoy each Park as long as they would like.

Around here we are always waiting for the king to return, so with that said, we hope you and your pride will return to share many future adventures with us.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights before moving to another DVC resort on WDW property and were very glad we did!
Check-in was effortless as we were met at the lobby doors by a friendly, efficient Cast Member who got us checked in quickly and gave us directions to our room (which was cleaned and waiting for us at 11AM!). Parking was a little confusing, but conveniently located in a parking garage - a short elevator trip to our room. The room was clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated. We had a 1 BR and were thrilled to have the extra full bathroom. The master bath was huge - with big, modern shower and a jet tub (so convenient after a day trekking through the parks). However, the biggest plus of this resort is the savannah view of the animals (giraffe, zebras, wildebeasts, etc.). It was so amazing and relaxing to sit on the balcony and watch them. The food offerings were unique, but due to weird food allergies I couldn't partake (garlic is everywhere, sadly). Bus service to the Disney Parks was efficient and it was a short ride to our favorite park, Animal Kingdom.
I couldn't give this resort 5 stars due to a couple minor annoyances: lack of decent quick service food options (The Mara is in the other building - Jambo House, and the options there are just so-so, staff was rude, too); the long, long walk to the pool; and the dimness of the lighting in the bathrooms.
By the way, the cultural representatives throughout this resort were friendly and wonderful to talk to about their homes, their experiences in America, etc. They offered some fabulous entertainment at various times of day and really seemed to be enjoying themselves, making some Disney magic for guests. :-)

Room Tip: Savannah view was awesome, lower floors offer great view of animals
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank moretreks207
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Siyabonga! Or thank you, as you may have heard one of our Cultural Representatives who speak Zulu say. It is through diversity that we are able to enrich our Guests' visits in so many unique ways and our Cultural Representatives around Animal Kingdom and the Lodge are a magnificent example of this. I'm so pleased to read that you were able to share stories and learn from these Cast Members while visiting with us.

I'm sorry that you had some poor interactions at The Mara when it came to service. It is our hope that all Cast Members provide the same thoughtful and efficient service all across property. Your feedback has been received by the appropriate location so that we may use it to continue to monitor our Guests' experiences.

I am delighted that your 1-Bedroom Villa provided ample space for your party to relax and enjoy yourselves while unwinding from busy Theme Park days. Even better to be able to spend time on your balcony looking at the animals, it is hard to tire of a view that is ever-changing!

I hope that the remainder of your Disney vacation went as well as your safari spell and we'll be waiting for you to have another holiday hoofin' around with our savanna friends.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We stayed one night with two small kids (4 and 6).

The pool was great! The pool is nice and warm. The weather was cold when we went and we still enjoyed the pool. Our two sons spent the entire day on the water slide, which has no height requirement, much to the relief of our youngest son. If it wasn't so chilly outside, they also would've enjoyed the splash pad area for longer, which was also amazing.

We also enjoyed the arcade and animal viewing areas. Our room had a Savanna view and we got to see our fair share of giraffes and zebras and other wildlife. If I did it again, I would get a room on a lower floor though. The third floor balcony had me a little worried with my kids. The railing is ok, but there are chairs out there that little ones can climb on if not watched closely.

The shuttle is very convenient to get to Jambo House.

The only three cons I experienced were the amount of walking you have to do to get anywhere, the mattress was WAY too soft, and the price of the food was shocking. We had a ridiculous walk to the elevators, to the lobby and out to our car. I read other reviews that said similar things about the walking, but I thought people were exaggerating...they weren't. As far as the mattress goes, I'm usually not too picky with mattresses and enjoy soft mattresses, but the mattress in our room was way too soft. I didn't sleep well on it. Food prices were astronomical, which is expected at Disney, but I was still pretty shocked. We ate at Boma at Jambo House and the food was out of this world, but so were the prices. It was $160 for our family of four. I wasn't expecting such high prices for the kids being so young.

Room Tip: Request to be near the lobby/pool.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer D
Disney-Parks-Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I love spending some time visiting Kidani Village, but people aren’t exaggerating when they talk about the walking. We want to make sure everyone has a fantastic view of the animals and the layout of the Resort itself provides just that. Did you know that Kidani actually means necklace? Therefore the shape of the Resort is two-fold; pretty neat!

I’m sorry there were some issues with you getting a good night’s sleep while you were here. If you ever run into any issues, whether the bed is too soft or too firm, make sure you reach out to the Housekeeping team. They will give you any options that might be available to make your stay more comfortable.

I appreciate you taking the time to share the good and bad things about your stay, and we can’t wait to welcome you home again.

Brittany