“One off”

Cuisines: French, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2017

The degustation menu was superb and I liked the fact that each dish was a surprise ie no written menu. The couples tables looking over the water are generous and the view sublime.
My only suggestion is to brief the waiters more on the ingredients as they all (including the stunning Tilda Swanton lookalike) reel off a sentence as quickly as possible but are a little unsure when it comes to further detail.
Sommelier v helpful allowing us to taste a couple of the ones beforehand.
A truly great experience and next time we will save up to get the seaplane here.

2  Thank Richard P

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We came to the restaurant via seaplane and from the moment we stepped through the door the staff were extremely welcoming. We had the 7-course degustation lunch, which I could not fault. It was fine dining so for people looking for a hearty meal this isn't the place. The detail and flavours of the food were spot on and the staff were very knowledgeable and very attentive.

2  Thank Mancmaz
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Such a shame that the food was quite minuscule, especially for the price. We went on a voucher and was asked if we would like to order further from their menu. You would think for $180 for two people for food and $60 for one glass of champagne each and water would be enough to feed you.
Beautiful surroundings. A very noisy restaurant. Especially when the restaurant becomes full. We were lucky we had a beautiful day as I would imagine it would not be pleasant taking the ferry over to the restaurant in rain or strong winds.
Staff were doing their job, not much friendliness though. On booking my friend asked for something special as it was my birthday, however nothing was said or presented
Over all disappointing.

7  Thank Horsinaround9
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Really excellent food, beautifully presented. Very good wine advice. Lovely dining room and view. Great staff. Would love to go again!

1  Thank Mac27_13
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Redeeming a Christmas gift certificate voucher created more issues than worth the visit! When making the reservation for a family member's birthday, our family member mentioned we would be redeeming a voucher which had, in fact, two months validity before expiration date. She was informed this was incorrect, that gift vouchers only have a six month validity from date of purchase. I telephoned with voucher in hand however, all reservations must be made online and, if you wish to leave a message, one is asked to email, last resort, leave a voicemail. Eventually and after one of the most frustrating conversations I've ever experienced with someone I could barely understand, requesting I quote voucher number, name of recipient ad infinitum, it was established that my voucher remained valid for another two months. So off we set ......
The launch ride from the wharf is a lovely start to the experience, the space is very modern, lovely views of the river, seaplanes arriving, small craft motoring on the river but noisy!
Due to our number in party we were allocated a semi-private dining room, lovely views etc., but even still the noise level was invasive.
Degustation. Warm oysters are off-putting, warm wine, one choice of beer, one bottle of our chosen Chablis so had to move onto another wine which was also too warm and had to be chilled before pouring so we waited.
Every course just seemed to be a few degrees colder than one would expect for a freshly plated hot course.
Portion sizes for degustation about average but presentation and food temperature let each course down. No menu list to advise what each course would be however, identified once presented at the table.
Fish and chips for grandchildren was an extremely small portion. I asked and we received a bowl of freshly cooked pasta with cheese which was a big hit. A printed childrens' menu would be a good option.
Staff were pleasant albiet slow in service.
After all the nonsense about redeeming the gift voucher, when the bill arrived the amount of the voucher had not been deducted from the total! Tardy and unprofessional!

3  Thank ontheroadsince73