Living Area Water toys
Living Area
Water toys
Second Bedroom
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

walkersyd...
sydney
“Location amazing but standard average.”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

The cottage is located right on the water so very pretty. We decided to stay over on a Friday night with my older parents and my husband so we could dine at berowra waters inn on the Friday night. It was a rate of $500.00 for the night inclusive of a continental breakfast that was supplied. This is quite steep for something that is only a 3 star rating but I guess you are paying for the remote location.
We drove to the main pontoon form sydney where the owners friend collected us in a small motor boat. It had been raining heavily and all the seats in the boat were wet , no towels were supplied to dry the seats so you either stood or got wet pants ..which my elderly parents did find challenging ..so they ended up with wet seats.
The cottage is in a nice location but my parents room had no AC or even a fan and it was extremely humid and hot for them. Our room did have a portable AC but it kept stopping as it was quite old. There is a lot off old junk stored behind curtains in the cottage and beware the stairs to the upstairs bedroom are very steep and narrow almost like a ladder, which was fine for me but would prove to be very difficult for older guests. Some of the crockery/glasses/cutlery was grimy so we had to put it thru a dishwasher cycle when we arrived..my pet peeve! Certainly parts of the cottage were in disrepair especially the tiny landing at the top of the tiny ladder/staircase...it sunk in when you walked on it. Our boat transfer back I should have thought to grab towels from the cottage as again the seats were all wet and we all head wet bums!.All in all it was a disappointing accomodation but amazing location as I keep reiterating.
The owner asked for feedback which i did give her and so hopefully she can rectify these issues.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 Jan 2017
Hi Lindy, Thank you for your feedback of which is very helpful in making sure we provide a unique and enjoyable experience for our guests. Just to mention that most, if not all, properties here on the river do not accept a one night stay due to the unique water access only location making cleaning and boat transfers expensive. As you mentioned you have elderly parents, the Cottage is pretty much the best access on the river with limited stairs to the property so we accommodated a one night stay request. The rate you paid was for a one night stay and also INCLUDED a motorised tinny, four kayaks, a stand up paddle board and fishing rods. The Cottage is a work in progress as you can see from the very accurate images. The living/dining area has been renovated, as has the kitchen and bathroom. The bedrooms are the next stage which will include the landing at the top of the staircase which has been looked at by professionals and is perfectly safe. If you run the air conditioner on the living area this cools the downstairs area as well as the bottom bedroom. However as you mentioned we will add a fan to that room to assist with overly hot days.
Unfortunately I was away and had to outsource the cleaning and boat transfers which is always a challenge to get right when you are not there to check. However thanks for that feedback as it is something I can discuss with the people who did the cleaning and transfers.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing