“Pickup order from the best Thai in Orlando area”
Review of Soong Thai

Soong Thai
Ranked #8 of 123 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Consistency is key when looking for a favorite restaurant and Soong Thai has yet to disappoint. With an ambience perfect for gathering small groups of friends or going on a date, we love going here for their delicious food. Tonight we are making a pickup and I highly recommend a few of our favorites: Siam chicken, “Amazing sauce” on pretty much everything (Tofu is good here) and the classic staple, Pad Thai. Rich sauces and the right amount of spices make them a hit.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Soong Thai is our favorite place for Thai food. The Chicken Pad Thai and Chicken Panang are delicious. The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated and the service is consistently very good. My brother-in-law, who lived in SE Asia for many years, had the Snapper Lad Prik and he raved about it.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Soong Thai serves very authentic Thai cuisine. Their food not only stands up to anything in CFL but anywhere else. Lunch specials are the best deal of the day there.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This pains me to write but I feel like I must do so upon my last few visits to this once wonderful, hidden gem of a restaurant. Moving here from New York I was extremely excited to try this restaurant people spoke very highly of. For years, I was in love with everything they made, from their pad thai to their curries which were simply delicious. Recently, however, I have found that in the last year of visiting this establishment, I am not certain if its due to the lack of customers or visiting even when they are packed at times but there have been many incidences when I have come in and the air conditioner or fan, whichever they feel like using at the moment is never on in the Florida heat and the place is hot. Upon sitting down, you are greeted with a time limit if you arrive after 8:00 p.m. (since they close at 9:00 p.m.) to place any and everything you want to order, including dessert! Their need to rush and hurry repeat customers, like myself, made that even more of a negative that makes the sweeping and mopping while customers are still in the restaurant really unprofessional. I understand, having worked retail that no one wants to be there past their shift but when it comes to dining and food service a little more tack should be shown and taken on their part. The appetizers that I ordered, and once use to enjoy on multiple occasions, not just once, I mean MULTIPLE times the angel wings with the pork have tasted as if the meat is years old, the crab stuffed wontons have no crab meat in it whatsoever and the cream cheese goodness that once tasted so nice with the curry sauce tastes like extremely rotten, sour cheese. Now I know most may think I am exaggerating but believe me I once loved this place to the point of never wanting to ever have to review them this way, but I have brought multiple people here with me to dine with all different tastes in cuisines but one thing we could agree on is their lack of desire in wanting to pay a second visit to this place.

1  Thank AdiN76
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped for dinner and enjoyed very much. Friendly service. We shared the chicken curry soup which was hot and delious. The PadThia was Awesome. Some prices were high but still worth it.
Would recommend.