“Hit or Miss: Miss Again”

New Orleans Du Monde Cajun Bar & Grill
Ranked #68 of 114 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 24 December 2015

I've given this place a number of shot. Sometimes we seem to do well and then midway through the meal it just falls apart. I am left wondering if the owners are professional restauranteurs or not and I'm leaning to the not. Sometimes the flavors are great and other times not. This last visit was well into the NOT category. Sorry I can't think of a reason for us to return.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Cafe Du Monde is a must do once spot in New Orleans. It has the worst service that I have ever received in New Orleans and the tables,chairs and floors are constantly covered in powdered sugar. The amount of homeless people surrounding the open air dining area does not make for a appealing atmosphere. All of that aside you must try this place at least once because their legendary Beignets. They are by far the best in all of New Orleans. I have come here on every trip I've taken to New Orleans despite all of their problems because the Beignets are that good.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Bought a Groupon and saved it for my anniversary. Called to make a reservation to find out the name and most of the menu had changed from a French Cajun to more American. Menu mostly burgers and other sandwiches. Not how I expected to spend my anniversary, but we had to go or we'd lose the $ spent on the Groupon. Service was excellent. Jerry was attentive and very good with our 7 yr old son. Food was better than ok...decent... in good portions. The jerk chicken sandwich was good. The chips were house made but very salty. Husband had the Philly cheese sandwich and appreciated that the bread was toasted yet still soft. Sons buffalo wings came out late but he liked them. Surprise came when the bill arrived as EVERYTHING was a la carte. So lunch food for dinner turned into a pricier meal than anticipated. They did honor the Groupon despite the change in business but I was expecting it to cover most of the bill instead of half. Overall decent food with great service.

1  Thank LadyHall01
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Awesome staff and great food. Their kitchen manager does one hell of job! Has a bar as well with plenty of options to drink and some nice specialty craft beer selections.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

You want Cajun cuisine...? You better come here first! I was visiting the area earlier this week with a few friends and we came here for the first time. We ended up coming back the next night it was so good! Loved the spicy, well-seasoned, and perfectly cooked Cajun food.

I had the Seafood Gumbo the first night. We're not talking about any old seafood gumbo, we're talking delicious seafood gumbo that has too many shrimp in the bowl to count, along with plenty of other seafood to make you smile. I had Jambalaya the next night and it was perfectly spicy! I recommend these to any lover of New Orleans food.

The manager, Travis, talked to us about the restaurant and made us feel right at home! I can't wait to get back there and sample the other dishes that he has on the wonderful menu... If I can resist getting the Seafood Gumbo again.

1  Thank Bobby F