“wonderful place to stay”

Golden Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Orlando, Florida
“wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Golden Palms Inns and Suites in Ocala and found it to be one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The room was very pretty, comfortable, and clean. I thought that the staff were very friendly, knew the surrounding area, and were able to help me find places I wanted to visit. I will stay here whenever I come back to Ocala. It was not just a great hotel, but a great value as well.

Room Tip: Rooms faceing the pool have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Judy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Plymouth, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Having traveled all day, tired and in search of a hotel that was dog-friendly, we were told by a neighboring hotel (they were filled) that the Golden Palms was available and dog-friendly. Thought at $149.00 per night, it couldn't be a hell hole hotel. WRONG and wrong again! I should have followed my gut instinct when I went into the registration area. Signals; junky decorative ornaments setting around, maid at front desk rudely speaking to the clerk on duty, maintenance men in and out checking with the clerk. After paying for the room, we went to the room. We were mortified! The room smelled like a mixture of body functions and filth! There was some kind of critter crawling up the wall, and a cobweb that could have held a monkey! The bathroom tub was filthy, wouldn't even shower in it! The mattresses looked as though they had been picked up out of the dumpster, blanket that was ratty and one bed didn't even have a blanket. The table was junk, barely held together with some rickety legs and paint splattered all over it. Walked the dog, after going to the front desk asking for some disinfectant, reporting the critter on the wall, and asking for a blanket the "so-called" beautiful grounds looked like a war zone! The area was frightening. The landscaping was horrible! Everything was a total chaotic mess! I would sleep in my car before I would EVER stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dixie L

Travellers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Lake Butler, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here on 02/26/2012 From the looks of the lobby and the outside it apeared nice. We got our room which was 109.49 and went off about our day due to my sister being in the hospital we just dropped our things off and left. When we got back i started noticing little things about our room. Like no hair drier( I can live with that) Spots on the wall that had been patched and not painted ( ok thats just cosmetic) The toilet seat had a stain on it ( really very starting to get nasty) then I took a shower (big mistake) first there was somebodys tried soap on the wall, then there was something stringy on the wall too. The drain wasn't working so the water was up to my ankles. At getting as clean as one possibly could in this shower I stepped out onto the little towel mat they have which was ripped and had black stains on it. I releive my towel and as I unfold it I find it had two 4 inch holes in it, and the 3 roaches that showed theirselves. With all that I was more appolled when I went to check out, and the guy at the front desk, seemed ready for what I had to say, i showed him the pictures I'd taken and said " I find it hard to believe anything your saying, I know what you wanting me to do and I can't do that, they won't let me" Plus he stated that it was his job to check the rooms and had never had a complaint of roaches.I have attempted to contact anyone in management and they seem to never be avalible. I WILL never stay there as we are having to go to Ocala once a month.

Room Tip: Just pass this place up, You will not get what your expecting
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ShellyParrish
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2011

they will smile to your face till they get your money and then suddenly they dont comprehend what your saying... and become rude and out right called me a liar! must have been a football game because the hotel was full of young kid football and tons of adults with them... the guest were loud crude and smoking marijuana openenly in the walk ways... the owner walking among everyone, being rude, making rude comments, and even yelling openly in front of the entire crowd at a maid in front of my door.... when i came to address her about the drug useage and loud music, she said hold on, and walked away, after calling front desk ten times the only response i got was its a bit chaotic tonight we will try. After hearing loud crashes til 4 in the morning, i woke up to see someone had broken out the window in the room above me. i would never stay here again, they over charged me, promised breakfast and got nothing but empty pockets and a bad taste in my mouth... i advise no one to ever stay there ever!

Room Tip: Go Somewhere Else
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Lola D
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Driving through Ocala, I just needed a cheap place to catch a few winks. Sign after sign advertised $39 & $49 rooms, but they all looked like decrepit roach motels. Finally, I came upon this place and it was lovely. Yes, it is an older hotel, but it has been very nicely renovated. It was clean inside and out, (my #1 priority), nicely decorated with modern furnishings, and well maintained. My room had a flat screen TV, fridge & fireplace, (seriously, you never see that for $49). The desk staff was very helpful. Honestly, this is the nicest cheap hotel I have ever stayed at, (and believe me, I have stayed at a ton!)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business